2014 Wimbledon Ladies Semifinals: Bouchard vs Halep Live Streaming and Preview
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | July 3, 2014 6:58 PM EST
These ladies who have a shot at destiny are yearning to erase bitter memories.
Always the bridesmaid but never the bride when it comes to Grand Slam, Simona Halep aims to advance to the Finals of the Wimbledon after several disappointments in previous tournaments. Halep seems to be always on the outside looking in for the past tournaments. She was eliminated in the quarterfinals of the Australian Open and lost in the Finals of the French Open to eventual champion Maria Sharapova. In tournaments she joined this year, she has a mediocre record of 4-3 in semifinal and final matches.
Eugenie Bouchard of Canada serves during her women's singles quarter-final tennis match against Angelique Kerber of Germany at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships, in London July 2, 2014.
With the unexpected exits of tournament stalwarts Sharapova and Serena Williams, the number 3 ranking of Halep is sure to make her the favourite. She has already registered an impressive record of 26-9 for the year and now she hopes her winning experience can propel her to the Finals. Now, she hopes to advance over up and coming Canadian Eugenie Bouchard Thursday at 11:30 p.m.
"Now I have more experience and more confidence in myself because it's the second time I've got to this stage," she said. "I like grass, but it was difficult at the beginning of the tournament because I didn't have the timing. Then match by match and day to day I've got better."
Nevertheless, predicting who will come out on top in every match for the women's tournament has been a hit and miss so far.
Rising star "Canadian Sweetheart" Eugenie Bouchard is also poised to break through the final round as she tries to redeem herself from the semi-final heartaches she suffered in Roland Garros and in Melbourne where she was ousted by Sharapova and LI Na, respectively. The 20-year-old Canadian is the 13th ranked player in the world and will try to rebound from the bitter memories of her disappointing losses in the Australian and French Open this year.
"I'm excited to be in the semis. But, of course, I'm never satisfied, so I definitely want to go a step further," Bouchard told TheGuardian.com. "I played some great players when I lost in the semis and you don't win every single time. But I'm going to look forward to playing a little bit like I played today."
These skilled and fan favorite ladies have only met once during their careers with Halep one-upping Bouchard during the 16th round at Indian Wells, 6-2, 1-6, 6-4. However, the recent success of the rising superstar from Canada has turned the heads of many observers as she has reached all semi-final stages in each of the Grand Slam this year.
The entry of Halep and Bouchard into the semi-finals is a signal of the dawning of a new era in women's tennis. Bouchard booked her place by taking care of German Angelique Kerber while Halep made short work of No. 19 Saline Lisicki, the 2013 finalist, to advance.
With the recent development of these young stars, it would be hard to predict which of the two will advance to the Finals but one thing is for sure these ladies will give the audience one match-up to remember.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Wants To Talk To Manny Pacquiao About Super Fight If Filipino Beats Chris Algieri
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Kate Upton And BF Detroit Tigers’ Justin Verlander Spotted Shopping Post Nude Photo Leak Scandal
- 2014/15 NBA Season Preview And Predictions: Los Angeles Lakers; Jeremy Lin's Breakout Campaign
- Manchester United News: Angel Di Maria’s Exit And Hummels’ Future Move
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money