Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini Update to Android 4.4.4 KitKat Using SlimROM Custom Firmware
By Ryan Inoyori | July 3, 2014 5:34 PM EST
SlimROM Android 4.4.4
A new release of SlimROM firmware runs Android 4.4.4 KitKat for Galaxy S3 Mini. It is compatible for CyanogenMod, Oliver's CM and stock ROM users. It includes the following features:
— CM 11.0 latest changes and releases
— 2-D/3-D hardware acceleration
— SlimROM exclusive features
— All native tethers
— Triple buffering
— YouTube HQ
— 64-GB microSD card support.
According to NovaFusion, this release of SlimROM Android 4.4.4 KitKat for Galaxy S3 Mini has not been reported for any bugs at this time.
Those interested in installing Android 4.4.4 Kitkat in their Samsung Galaxy S3 using SlimROM need to do the following:
Warning: We are not responsible for any errors or issues which may occur on the device. Read and follow the instructions properly to avoid problems to happen. Do this at your own risk.
1. Create a manual backup of all data files and personal settings stored on the smartphone.
2. Make sure battery level is at least 50 per cent to avoid power interruption during installation.
3. Download and install the necessary USB drivers for Galaxy S3 Mini on the computer.
4. Enable USB debugging mode on the device.
5. Root the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini and install TWRP custom recovery.
Once all the requirements above have been met, Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini users can proceed with the following:
1. Connect the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini to the computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy and paste the SlimROM Android 4.4.4 KitKat and the Google Apps package to the microSD card of the device. No need to extract any of the zip files.
3. Disconnect the smartphone from the computer then switch it off.
4. Reboot the Galaxy S3 Mini into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding the Volume up, Home and Power keys at the same time.
5. Inside the Recovery Mode, users should create a nAndroid backup of the current ROM in case they want to revert back. Select "backup and restore > backup" to make a save file. Use this process by selecting "restore" to restore the old ROM.
6. Perform a full wipe on the Galaxy S3 Mini. Select "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition." Then select "advanced > wipe Dalvik cache." Skip if the device will update from CyanogenMod or Oliver's CM ROMs.
7. Install the SlimROM Android 4.4.4 KitKat by selecting "install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card > search the SlimROM zip file > confirm installation." Apply the same for the Google Apps package.
8. Once the installation has been completed, go back to the main menu and select "reboot system now." It may take up to five minutes before the smartphone reaches the home screen.
For bug reports or errors, users can send their feedback to NovaFusion SlimROM Android 4.4.4 KitKat for Galaxy S3 Mini Web page.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire News: Meet Professor Birch Plus X and Y Updates
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- Samsung Galaxy S5: Logitech Unveils Protection+ Case Accessory for Android Smartphone
- Sony Xperia Z Android 4.4.2 KitKat Battery Issue, How to Resolve and Future Firmware Upgrade
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People