All-Czech Women's Semifinal at Wimbledon 2014: Safarova vs. Kvitovic Live Streaming Info and Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | July 3, 2014 5:09 PM EST
Two ladies from the Czech Republic are battling for a seat in the finals of the 2014 Wimbledon Championships. 23rd Lucie Sarafova and 6th seed Petra Kvitovic meet in the semifinals and both promise
Lucie Safarova of the Czech Republic reacts after defeating Ekaterina Makarova of Russia in their women's singles tennis match at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships, in London July 1, 2014.
If their past meetings in the WTA tour are any indication, it appears it’s going to be a no-holds-barred battle even between compatriots. The 24-year-old Kvitova has dominated her head-to-head match-up against Safarova winning five times in the same number of meetings.
Four of those five matches came earlier in 2014 and they’ve meet in the deeper rounds of the tournament. The last one was at the 2014 Aegon International Round of 32 where Kvitova won, 6-1,5-7, 7-6 (4) by a hair.
“It's going to be my third match against (a) Czech girl actually during the Wimbledon, which is unusual. We played last time in Eastbourne. It was big fight until the end. I'm expecting tough battle again,” declared Kvitova to the tournament’s official website.
Kvitova is the sixth seed in this tournament and playing in her sixth Wimbledon appearance. Her lone Grand Slam win came in the grass surface in Londod and she wants to duplicate the feat she accomplished in 2011 when she defeated Maria Sharapova in the final.
Meanwhile, the 23rd seed Safarova is playing in her eighth Wimby tournament. This is the farthest she got at the All-England Club and in any Grand Slam tournament with quarterfinal appearances at the Australian Open (2013 and 2014) and at the French Open (2013).
“I know Petra since she was 14 and we are from the same club so I saw her growing and I saw her achieving those great results. We always practised. It’s also motivating to see that somebody who is so close to you is reaching the best results … it’s motivating for you to try to make it too,” shared the 27-year-old Safarova.
Which Czech will advance to the final? Watch Safarova vs. Kvitovic in the semifinals of the 2014 Wimbledon Championships via these live streaming links: Wimbledon Official Site; The Tennis Channel; BBC (UK) or ESPN (US).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- WWE SummerSlam: Orton Vs Reigns Match Unexciting, Reigns 'Awful Wrestler No Charisma'
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date