All-Czech Women's Semifinal at Wimbledon 2014: Safarova vs. Kvitovic Live Streaming Info and Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | July 3, 2014 5:09 PM EST
Two ladies from the Czech Republic are battling for a seat in the finals of the 2014 Wimbledon Championships. 23rd Lucie Sarafova and 6th seed Petra Kvitovic meet in the semifinals and both promise
Lucie Safarova of the Czech Republic reacts after defeating Ekaterina Makarova of Russia in their women's singles tennis match at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships, in London July 1, 2014.
If their past meetings in the WTA tour are any indication, it appears it’s going to be a no-holds-barred battle even between compatriots. The 24-year-old Kvitova has dominated her head-to-head match-up against Safarova winning five times in the same number of meetings.
Four of those five matches came earlier in 2014 and they’ve meet in the deeper rounds of the tournament. The last one was at the 2014 Aegon International Round of 32 where Kvitova won, 6-1,5-7, 7-6 (4) by a hair.
“It's going to be my third match against (a) Czech girl actually during the Wimbledon, which is unusual. We played last time in Eastbourne. It was big fight until the end. I'm expecting tough battle again,” declared Kvitova to the tournament’s official website.
Kvitova is the sixth seed in this tournament and playing in her sixth Wimbledon appearance. Her lone Grand Slam win came in the grass surface in Londod and she wants to duplicate the feat she accomplished in 2011 when she defeated Maria Sharapova in the final.
Meanwhile, the 23rd seed Safarova is playing in her eighth Wimby tournament. This is the farthest she got at the All-England Club and in any Grand Slam tournament with quarterfinal appearances at the Australian Open (2013 and 2014) and at the French Open (2013).
“I know Petra since she was 14 and we are from the same club so I saw her growing and I saw her achieving those great results. We always practised. It’s also motivating to see that somebody who is so close to you is reaching the best results … it’s motivating for you to try to make it too,” shared the 27-year-old Safarova.
Which Czech will advance to the final? Watch Safarova vs. Kvitovic in the semifinals of the 2014 Wimbledon Championships via these live streaming links: Wimbledon Official Site; The Tennis Channel; BBC (UK) or ESPN (US).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Lamar Odom’s Hope Of Reuniting With Khloe Kardashian Crushed, ‘KUWTK’ Star Reportedly Dating Wiz Khalifa
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’