All-Czech Women's Semifinal at Wimbledon 2014: Safarova vs. Kvitovic Live Streaming Info and Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | July 3, 2014 5:09 PM EST
Two ladies from the Czech Republic are battling for a seat in the finals of the 2014 Wimbledon Championships. 23rd Lucie Sarafova and 6th seed Petra Kvitovic meet in the semifinals and both promise
Lucie Safarova of the Czech Republic reacts after defeating Ekaterina Makarova of Russia in their women's singles tennis match at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships, in London July 1, 2014.
If their past meetings in the WTA tour are any indication, it appears it’s going to be a no-holds-barred battle even between compatriots. The 24-year-old Kvitova has dominated her head-to-head match-up against Safarova winning five times in the same number of meetings.
Four of those five matches came earlier in 2014 and they’ve meet in the deeper rounds of the tournament. The last one was at the 2014 Aegon International Round of 32 where Kvitova won, 6-1,5-7, 7-6 (4) by a hair.
“It's going to be my third match against (a) Czech girl actually during the Wimbledon, which is unusual. We played last time in Eastbourne. It was big fight until the end. I'm expecting tough battle again,” declared Kvitova to the tournament’s official website.
Kvitova is the sixth seed in this tournament and playing in her sixth Wimbledon appearance. Her lone Grand Slam win came in the grass surface in Londod and she wants to duplicate the feat she accomplished in 2011 when she defeated Maria Sharapova in the final.
Meanwhile, the 23rd seed Safarova is playing in her eighth Wimby tournament. This is the farthest she got at the All-England Club and in any Grand Slam tournament with quarterfinal appearances at the Australian Open (2013 and 2014) and at the French Open (2013).
“I know Petra since she was 14 and we are from the same club so I saw her growing and I saw her achieving those great results. We always practised. It’s also motivating to see that somebody who is so close to you is reaching the best results … it’s motivating for you to try to make it too,” shared the 27-year-old Safarova.
Which Czech will advance to the final? Watch Safarova vs. Kvitovic in the semifinals of the 2014 Wimbledon Championships via these live streaming links: Wimbledon Official Site; The Tennis Channel; BBC (UK) or ESPN (US).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tim Tebow Stars in SEC Network Commercial
- Fernando Alonso Describes Michael Schumacher as the Strongest Opponent He Has Faced in F1
- Rafael Nadal Will Miss 2014 US Open; Roger Federer Looking to Pounce on Rival
- Serena Williams and Patrick Mouratoglou Break-up Unlikely, Coach Posts Instagram Photos of Girlfriend
- Arsenal FC: Wenger Satisfied Despite Coming Out with a Draw against Besiktas
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members