Star Wars 7: More Hints Point to Boba Fett and Mandalorians in the Movie [Watch Video]
By Sachin Trivedi | July 3, 2014 4:04 PM EST
More hints have emerged pointing towards the possibility of Boba Fett and the Mandalorians featuring in the upcoming "Star Wars" 7 movie. The official Web site of the franchise shares the original costume designs and some background information about the dreaded bounty hunters in the galaxy. The movie will be released in 2015.
People dressed as "Star Wars" characters Boba Fett (L) and a Stormtrooper pose at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014. REUTERS/Jonathan Alcorn
"Star Wars" fans may be surprised to know that the original costume of Boba Fett was supposed to be all white. The early concept art was done by Ralph McQuarrie and Joe Johnston. The later versions of the costume changed the colour and eventually Fett was seen in the mostly green costume in the movies.
The franchise has now launched a 6-inch action figure of Boba Fett in a fully white armour and cape. The official Web site recently shared a documentary about the making the original "Star Wars" trilogy. The attempts may be seen as an attempt to familiarise the younger generation with some of the events and characters who may feature in the upcoming movies.
In another post the official Web site of the franchise explained why each Mandalorian armour is different. The Mandalorians are not like the Stormtroopers or the rebel fleet troopers, according to the post.
Instead of a standardised armour, each Mandalorian armour is a reflection of the personality, individualism and ingenuity of the warrior wearing the armour. The metal used for the armour in the "Star Wars" universe is called Beskar.
Movie buffs who have watched the original trilogy will remember that Boba Fett had fallen into the open jaws of the Sarlacc creature. It is still unclear if he is really dead or if he found a way to escape death in the hands of the beast. It will be entirely up to the script writers to decide whether to bring him back in "Star Wars" 7.
The plot or the villains of the upcoming movie has still not been revealed by the producers. Some of the choices for the villains include a new Sith lord, Mandalorian bounty hunters and Sith Witches also known as the Nightsisters.
"Star Wars" 7 is slated to be released by Dec 18 in Australia, New Zealand, UK and U.S. Recently the star actor in the movie Harrison Ford was reportedly injured on the sets raising some concerns about the filming getting delayed.
Star Wars Episode 7: Kevin Smith Hints at the Sith After Visiting the Set [Read]
Once Upon a Time Season 4 Spoilers: Two New Characters Join the Cast [Read]
Grand Theft Auto 5: Special July 4 Independence Day Content [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
Join the Conversation
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People