Insurgent Star Shailene Woodley on Dating Ellen Page Reports: Twitter Reactions
By Riza Ornos | July 3, 2014 3:20 PM EST
Canadian star Ellen Page is making headlines today since she came out as gay at an LGBT conference in Las Vegas on Valentine's Day, and months after her big revelation she is reportedly dating Hollywood's newest "It" girl, Shailene Woodley. Based on OK Magazine's latest July 14 issue, the "Juno" actress snagged an A-list girlfriend after coming out at the Human Rights Campaign's Time to Thrive conference.
Actress Shailene Woodley, winner of the Female Star of Tomorrow award, arrives for the Big Screen Achievement Awards during CinemaCon, the official convention of the National Association of Theatre Owners, at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, Nevada March 27, 2014. REUTERS/Steve Marcus
"I'm here today because I am gay," the 26-year-old star told the audience. "And because maybe I can make a difference, to help others have an easier and more hopeful time. Regardless, for me, I feel a personal obligation and a social responsibility. I am tired of hiding and I am tired of lying by omission. I suffered for years because I was scared to be out."
Not everyone knows that the two down-to-earth stars are longtime friends but it seems that their friendship turned into something romantic. The duo were spotted on Friday, June 27, leaving Palihouse in West Hollywood as they look so relaxed and make-up free.
"Ellen really leaned on Shailene through the coming out process," a source told the publication. Months before they were seen together in public, the "Fault In Our Stars" actress also made a statement that love people based on who they are, "not their sex." "I fall in love with human beings based on who they are. Not based on what they do or what sex they are," Shai told the Hollywood Reporter.
Now a household name for her film adaptation of bestselling books, "Divergent" and "Fault In Our Stars," Woodley is determined that her popularity will not change who she is and revealed recently how she make herself grounded.
"I'm not a big technology person. I don't even have a smartphone. I don't even have a cellphone!' she told The Daily Beast in an interview posted on Daily Mail. And if I were to have one, it would be a flip-phone. There's a bigger lack of privacy than there's ever been, but there's also a bigger lack of camaraderie and community than there's ever been."
Here are Twitter reactions on Shailene Woodley dating "Juno" star Ellen Page.
OMFG!! I'm trying to find the tweet where I said that Shailene Woodley was sooo lesbo and was dating Ellen Page hahaha apparently it's true! — 雷玉玲 (@Leiyuling) July 2, 2014
Can someone confirm if Ellen Page and Shailene Woodley are really dating?
— Jammy (@jamillefrancine) July 3, 2014
Are Shailene Woodley and Ellen Page Dating?: http://t.co/E70KAHKqKf via @okmagazine If this is true, HOT couple alert! — Jess Sanders (@GuessWhichJess) July 2, 2014
Shailene Woodley and Ellen Page? Oooooh. But my Shai-Ansel ship...
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- Selena Gomez Allegedly Back in Rehab, Hugs Nat Wolff the Night Justin Bieber & Orlando Bloom Made Headlines in Ibiza
- Girls Star Allison Williams to Play Titular Role in NBC's Peter Pan Live
- Kendall Jenner Forbids Sister Kim Kardashian from Attending her Fashion Shows, Considers her Presence a Hindrance - Reports
- Kendall Jenner Ignores Kim Kardashian Big Time, Tries to Befriend Beyonce - Reports
- Apple Mac Remains Strong Despite Challenging PC Market, iPhone Remains a Winner Through Q3 Price Points