Kendall and Kylie Jenner's Novel Ghostwriter Reveals Details of the Sister's Efforts on 'Rebels: City of Indra'
By nidhi tewari | July 3, 2014 2:31 PM EST
Kendall and Kylie Jenner have added another feather to their caps by coming out with a book called "Rebels: City of Indra." But Maya Sloan, the ghostwriter behind their debut novel attempt, has now come out with shocking details of the real efforts put in by the sisters.
Kendall Jenner (L) and Kylie Jenner arrive on the red carpet to host the MuchMusic Video Awards (MMVA) in Toronto, June 15, 2014.
Kylie Jenner Allegedly Jealous of Kendall's Modelling Career: Planing to Spend Huge Money on Plastic Surgery on17th Birthday - Reports
Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Cosy with Shirtless Male Models in a Series of New Pictures: Sisters Enjoying Popularity
Sloan, a writer by profession, has revealed that the Jenner sisters allowed her to attend the New York Fashion Week with them to keep a tab of the language they use when they text their friends. They had lots of Skype conversations with Maya and even gave her a brief summary of the book "Rebels: City of Indra". But that was about it. The rest of the work on the novel, which has the name of the Jenner sisters, has been completed by Maya Sloan.
"Along with their creative director Elizabeth Killmond-Roman, the Jenners created a broad two-page outline describing the futuristic tale about two girls with superpowers who are secretly twins," Sloan revealed to LA Times in a recent interview.
"[Kendall and Kylie Jenner] are teenage girls. They're wealthy and they have a famous name, but I didn't want to look at them—or their book—as a product," Sloan added.
The sisters recently acknowledged in an interview that they received help from Sloan, as they "obviously can't write a sci-fi novel on our own." However, Sloan will not be featured in "Keeping Up with the Kardashians," where Kylie and Kendall will be promoting their novel.
Sloan said she has no regrets though. The ghostwriter of "Rebels: City of Indra" further revealed appearing on the show would have meant she lose at least 15 pounds.
However, the sisters did give Sloan the much-deserved credit in the acknowledgment section, where Kylie and Kendall thanked Sloan for her "tenacious and creative spirit."
"She's [Maya Sloan] super smart and just kind of adapted to us—remembering what we said and the way we talked," Kylie acknowledged in one of her recent interviews.
After her ghostwriting stint with the Jenner sisters, Sloan has also come out with a new book called "Rich Kids of Instagram." Sloan co-wrote the novel with the creator of the famous Tumblr site of the same name.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate