Huge Flower Pot Replaces Missing Bench Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort Used in The Fault in Our Stars
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | July 3, 2014 2:16 PM EST
The green public bench in Amsterdam where co-stars Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort are seen talking and kissing in "The Fault in Our Stars" (TFIOS) is now reportedly missing and replaced with a huge flower pot.
Actress Shailene Woodley and actor Ansel Elgort arrive at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
Reports confirm that the now missing bench that used to sit on the side of Leidsegracht, a small canal said to be part of Amsterdam's Central canal belt where Woodley, 22, and Elgort, 20, were seen filming for "TFIOS," is only one of the many benches placed around the city. Being one of the many, its absence reportedly went unnoticed for at least a month.
AP first reported that the city offifials have only been notified of the disapperance of the bench after fans of "The Fault in Our Stars," who most likely symphatised and wept while joining Woodley and Elgort in their journey as Hazel Grace and Gus Waters, have started to ask where the bench featured in the movie was.
"It's a bit embarrassing, because we do keep good track of [the hundreds of bench in the city], but it's gone all right," van der Hoek told AP's Toby Sterling on Tuesday, July 1.
Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort's team-up in the movie adaptation of John Green's young adult novel, "The Fault in Our Stars," is being continuously commended due to the undeniable chemistry both actors have, and the scene in Leidsegracht is only one of the many scenes the co-stars have schowcased the said chemistry.
Meanwhile, the popularity of "The Fault in Our Stars" has also been unquestionable. Data from Box Office Mojo reveals that as of July 1 "The Fault in Our stars" movie have gained a total lifetime gross of $111.9 million on domestic (56.8 percent) and $85.3 million on overseas (43.2 percent).
It is being suggested that fans of the movie may have started to notice that the green bench is missing after city maps showing significant sites featured in "The Fault in Our stars" have started to circulate around the city.
According to van der Hoek, the missing bench is going to be replaced within weeks if Amsterdam's works department can find a replacement in stock. The city spokesman also suggested that fans may check eBay if they still want to see the missing bench.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu