Huge Flower Pot Replaces Missing Bench Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort Used in The Fault in Our Stars
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | July 3, 2014 2:16 PM EST
The green public bench in Amsterdam where co-stars Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort are seen talking and kissing in "The Fault in Our Stars" (TFIOS) is now reportedly missing and replaced with a huge flower pot.
Actress Shailene Woodley and actor Ansel Elgort arrive at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
Reports confirm that the now missing bench that used to sit on the side of Leidsegracht, a small canal said to be part of Amsterdam's Central canal belt where Woodley, 22, and Elgort, 20, were seen filming for "TFIOS," is only one of the many benches placed around the city. Being one of the many, its absence reportedly went unnoticed for at least a month.
AP first reported that the city offifials have only been notified of the disapperance of the bench after fans of "The Fault in Our Stars," who most likely symphatised and wept while joining Woodley and Elgort in their journey as Hazel Grace and Gus Waters, have started to ask where the bench featured in the movie was.
"It's a bit embarrassing, because we do keep good track of [the hundreds of bench in the city], but it's gone all right," van der Hoek told AP's Toby Sterling on Tuesday, July 1.
Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort's team-up in the movie adaptation of John Green's young adult novel, "The Fault in Our Stars," is being continuously commended due to the undeniable chemistry both actors have, and the scene in Leidsegracht is only one of the many scenes the co-stars have schowcased the said chemistry.
Meanwhile, the popularity of "The Fault in Our Stars" has also been unquestionable. Data from Box Office Mojo reveals that as of July 1 "The Fault in Our stars" movie have gained a total lifetime gross of $111.9 million on domestic (56.8 percent) and $85.3 million on overseas (43.2 percent).
It is being suggested that fans of the movie may have started to notice that the green bench is missing after city maps showing significant sites featured in "The Fault in Our stars" have started to circulate around the city.
According to van der Hoek, the missing bench is going to be replaced within weeks if Amsterdam's works department can find a replacement in stock. The city spokesman also suggested that fans may check eBay if they still want to see the missing bench.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People