Huge Flower Pot Replaces Missing Bench Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort Used in The Fault in Our Stars
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | July 3, 2014 2:16 PM EST
The green public bench in Amsterdam where co-stars Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort are seen talking and kissing in "The Fault in Our Stars" (TFIOS) is now reportedly missing and replaced with a huge flower pot.
Actress Shailene Woodley and actor Ansel Elgort arrive at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
Reports confirm that the now missing bench that used to sit on the side of Leidsegracht, a small canal said to be part of Amsterdam's Central canal belt where Woodley, 22, and Elgort, 20, were seen filming for "TFIOS," is only one of the many benches placed around the city. Being one of the many, its absence reportedly went unnoticed for at least a month.
AP first reported that the city offifials have only been notified of the disapperance of the bench after fans of "The Fault in Our Stars," who most likely symphatised and wept while joining Woodley and Elgort in their journey as Hazel Grace and Gus Waters, have started to ask where the bench featured in the movie was.
"It's a bit embarrassing, because we do keep good track of [the hundreds of bench in the city], but it's gone all right," van der Hoek told AP's Toby Sterling on Tuesday, July 1.
Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort's team-up in the movie adaptation of John Green's young adult novel, "The Fault in Our Stars," is being continuously commended due to the undeniable chemistry both actors have, and the scene in Leidsegracht is only one of the many scenes the co-stars have schowcased the said chemistry.
Meanwhile, the popularity of "The Fault in Our Stars" has also been unquestionable. Data from Box Office Mojo reveals that as of July 1 "The Fault in Our stars" movie have gained a total lifetime gross of $111.9 million on domestic (56.8 percent) and $85.3 million on overseas (43.2 percent).
It is being suggested that fans of the movie may have started to notice that the green bench is missing after city maps showing significant sites featured in "The Fault in Our stars" have started to circulate around the city.
According to van der Hoek, the missing bench is going to be replaced within weeks if Amsterdam's works department can find a replacement in stock. The city spokesman also suggested that fans may check eBay if they still want to see the missing bench.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast