X-Men: Apocalypse Spoilers:Bryan Singer Reveals Details about the Opening Act of Days of Future Past Sequel on Instagram
By jaskiran kaur | July 3, 2014 2:06 PM EST
After the success of "X-Men: Days of Future Past," fans are now looking forward to the movie's sequel. Minor details and spoilers from "X-Men: Apocalypse" are swirling around, thanks to the movie's director Bryan Singer. Read on to find out more.
According to Indiewire, on Tuesday, July 1, 2014, Bryan Singer created a new Instagram account in the "honour" of the success of "X-Men: Days of Future Past's." The director posted an image showing the treatment for the eighth installment of the franchise. [Warning: Potential spoilers below]
The image shows that it is the first page of the draft of the treatment of act one of "X-Men: Apocalypse," dated June 6, 2014. Following the events shown in the credits scene of "Days of Future Past," the movie opens with a battle scene near the banks of Nile River presumably in ancient Egypt. Also, the draft makes a reference to the Four Horsemen, suggesting their presence at the scene.
The image reveals that the script is being worked on by producer and screenwriter Simon Kinberg, director Bryan singer along with Michael Dougherty and Dan Harris. The Web site notes that Michael Dougherty and Dan Harris are the writers of "X-Men 2."
Viewers got the glimpse of the supervillain Apocalypse and the Four Horsemen in post-credits scene for the last-released installment. According to ScreenCrush, these Four Horsemen are "Apocalypse's henchmen" who could be behind the "devastation," as it was thought.
The Web site notes how it all happened in the comics. It is stated: "In the comics, the villain was known for enlisting the aide of four handpicked mutants, often times by force and brainwashing."
Once these mutants submit to Apocalypse's orders, the villain "would then enhance their mutant abilities and transform them into super-soldiers to carry out his will." The names given to the Four Horsemen by Apocalypse are Pestilence, War, Famine and Death.
Meanwhile, fans know that "X-Men: Apocalypse" will feature the events kicking off in 1983. As for the story, it is reportedly based on "Age of Apocalypse's" plot from the comics. Also, James Mc Avoy, Michael Fassbender, Nicholas Hoult and Jennifer Lawrence will return as Professor X, Magneto, Beast and Mystique respectively. The film is scheduled to hit the theatres on May 27, 2016.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories