X-Men: Apocalypse Spoilers:Bryan Singer Reveals Details about the Opening Act of Days of Future Past Sequel on Instagram
By jaskiran kaur | July 3, 2014 2:06 PM EST
After the success of "X-Men: Days of Future Past," fans are now looking forward to the movie's sequel. Minor details and spoilers from "X-Men: Apocalypse" are swirling around, thanks to the movie's director Bryan Singer. Read on to find out more.
According to Indiewire, on Tuesday, July 1, 2014, Bryan Singer created a new Instagram account in the "honour" of the success of "X-Men: Days of Future Past's." The director posted an image showing the treatment for the eighth installment of the franchise. [Warning: Potential spoilers below]
The image shows that it is the first page of the draft of the treatment of act one of "X-Men: Apocalypse," dated June 6, 2014. Following the events shown in the credits scene of "Days of Future Past," the movie opens with a battle scene near the banks of Nile River presumably in ancient Egypt. Also, the draft makes a reference to the Four Horsemen, suggesting their presence at the scene.
The image reveals that the script is being worked on by producer and screenwriter Simon Kinberg, director Bryan singer along with Michael Dougherty and Dan Harris. The Web site notes that Michael Dougherty and Dan Harris are the writers of "X-Men 2."
Viewers got the glimpse of the supervillain Apocalypse and the Four Horsemen in post-credits scene for the last-released installment. According to ScreenCrush, these Four Horsemen are "Apocalypse's henchmen" who could be behind the "devastation," as it was thought.
The Web site notes how it all happened in the comics. It is stated: "In the comics, the villain was known for enlisting the aide of four handpicked mutants, often times by force and brainwashing."
Once these mutants submit to Apocalypse's orders, the villain "would then enhance their mutant abilities and transform them into super-soldiers to carry out his will." The names given to the Four Horsemen by Apocalypse are Pestilence, War, Famine and Death.
Meanwhile, fans know that "X-Men: Apocalypse" will feature the events kicking off in 1983. As for the story, it is reportedly based on "Age of Apocalypse's" plot from the comics. Also, James Mc Avoy, Michael Fassbender, Nicholas Hoult and Jennifer Lawrence will return as Professor X, Magneto, Beast and Mystique respectively. The film is scheduled to hit the theatres on May 27, 2016.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase