X-Men: Apocalypse Spoilers:Bryan Singer Reveals Details about the Opening Act of Days of Future Past Sequel on Instagram
By jaskiran kaur | July 3, 2014 2:06 PM EST
After the success of "X-Men: Days of Future Past," fans are now looking forward to the movie's sequel. Minor details and spoilers from "X-Men: Apocalypse" are swirling around, thanks to the movie's director Bryan Singer. Read on to find out more.
According to Indiewire, on Tuesday, July 1, 2014, Bryan Singer created a new Instagram account in the "honour" of the success of "X-Men: Days of Future Past's." The director posted an image showing the treatment for the eighth installment of the franchise. [Warning: Potential spoilers below]
The image shows that it is the first page of the draft of the treatment of act one of "X-Men: Apocalypse," dated June 6, 2014. Following the events shown in the credits scene of "Days of Future Past," the movie opens with a battle scene near the banks of Nile River presumably in ancient Egypt. Also, the draft makes a reference to the Four Horsemen, suggesting their presence at the scene.
The image reveals that the script is being worked on by producer and screenwriter Simon Kinberg, director Bryan singer along with Michael Dougherty and Dan Harris. The Web site notes that Michael Dougherty and Dan Harris are the writers of "X-Men 2."
Viewers got the glimpse of the supervillain Apocalypse and the Four Horsemen in post-credits scene for the last-released installment. According to ScreenCrush, these Four Horsemen are "Apocalypse's henchmen" who could be behind the "devastation," as it was thought.
The Web site notes how it all happened in the comics. It is stated: "In the comics, the villain was known for enlisting the aide of four handpicked mutants, often times by force and brainwashing."
Once these mutants submit to Apocalypse's orders, the villain "would then enhance their mutant abilities and transform them into super-soldiers to carry out his will." The names given to the Four Horsemen by Apocalypse are Pestilence, War, Famine and Death.
Meanwhile, fans know that "X-Men: Apocalypse" will feature the events kicking off in 1983. As for the story, it is reportedly based on "Age of Apocalypse's" plot from the comics. Also, James Mc Avoy, Michael Fassbender, Nicholas Hoult and Jennifer Lawrence will return as Professor X, Magneto, Beast and Mystique respectively. The film is scheduled to hit the theatres on May 27, 2016.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Women’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 - Li Na, Sharapova, Kvitova, And Williams
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 15-19, 2014: Ava And Morgan Talk About The Baby
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- Paul Walker's Daughter Paid Heart Touching Tribute To Her Father On His Birthday
- Kim Kardashian-West Frantically Tries For Second Baby To Match Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Timeline
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Moto X Pure Edition is Coming Soon with Wi-Fi Calling – Reports
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List