X-Men: Apocalypse Spoilers:Bryan Singer Reveals Details about the Opening Act of Days of Future Past Sequel on Instagram
By jaskiran kaur | July 3, 2014 2:06 PM EST
After the success of "X-Men: Days of Future Past," fans are now looking forward to the movie's sequel. Minor details and spoilers from "X-Men: Apocalypse" are swirling around, thanks to the movie's director Bryan Singer. Read on to find out more.
According to Indiewire, on Tuesday, July 1, 2014, Bryan Singer created a new Instagram account in the "honour" of the success of "X-Men: Days of Future Past's." The director posted an image showing the treatment for the eighth installment of the franchise. [Warning: Potential spoilers below]
The image shows that it is the first page of the draft of the treatment of act one of "X-Men: Apocalypse," dated June 6, 2014. Following the events shown in the credits scene of "Days of Future Past," the movie opens with a battle scene near the banks of Nile River presumably in ancient Egypt. Also, the draft makes a reference to the Four Horsemen, suggesting their presence at the scene.
The image reveals that the script is being worked on by producer and screenwriter Simon Kinberg, director Bryan singer along with Michael Dougherty and Dan Harris. The Web site notes that Michael Dougherty and Dan Harris are the writers of "X-Men 2."
Viewers got the glimpse of the supervillain Apocalypse and the Four Horsemen in post-credits scene for the last-released installment. According to ScreenCrush, these Four Horsemen are "Apocalypse's henchmen" who could be behind the "devastation," as it was thought.
The Web site notes how it all happened in the comics. It is stated: "In the comics, the villain was known for enlisting the aide of four handpicked mutants, often times by force and brainwashing."
Once these mutants submit to Apocalypse's orders, the villain "would then enhance their mutant abilities and transform them into super-soldiers to carry out his will." The names given to the Four Horsemen by Apocalypse are Pestilence, War, Famine and Death.
Meanwhile, fans know that "X-Men: Apocalypse" will feature the events kicking off in 1983. As for the story, it is reportedly based on "Age of Apocalypse's" plot from the comics. Also, James Mc Avoy, Michael Fassbender, Nicholas Hoult and Jennifer Lawrence will return as Professor X, Magneto, Beast and Mystique respectively. The film is scheduled to hit the theatres on May 27, 2016.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate