X-Men: Apocalypse Spoilers:Bryan Singer Reveals Details about the Opening Act of Days of Future Past Sequel on Instagram
By jaskiran kaur | July 3, 2014 2:06 PM EST
After the success of "X-Men: Days of Future Past," fans are now looking forward to the movie's sequel. Minor details and spoilers from "X-Men: Apocalypse" are swirling around, thanks to the movie's director Bryan Singer. Read on to find out more.
According to Indiewire, on Tuesday, July 1, 2014, Bryan Singer created a new Instagram account in the "honour" of the success of "X-Men: Days of Future Past's." The director posted an image showing the treatment for the eighth installment of the franchise. [Warning: Potential spoilers below]
The image shows that it is the first page of the draft of the treatment of act one of "X-Men: Apocalypse," dated June 6, 2014. Following the events shown in the credits scene of "Days of Future Past," the movie opens with a battle scene near the banks of Nile River presumably in ancient Egypt. Also, the draft makes a reference to the Four Horsemen, suggesting their presence at the scene.
The image reveals that the script is being worked on by producer and screenwriter Simon Kinberg, director Bryan singer along with Michael Dougherty and Dan Harris. The Web site notes that Michael Dougherty and Dan Harris are the writers of "X-Men 2."
Viewers got the glimpse of the supervillain Apocalypse and the Four Horsemen in post-credits scene for the last-released installment. According to ScreenCrush, these Four Horsemen are "Apocalypse's henchmen" who could be behind the "devastation," as it was thought.
The Web site notes how it all happened in the comics. It is stated: "In the comics, the villain was known for enlisting the aide of four handpicked mutants, often times by force and brainwashing."
Once these mutants submit to Apocalypse's orders, the villain "would then enhance their mutant abilities and transform them into super-soldiers to carry out his will." The names given to the Four Horsemen by Apocalypse are Pestilence, War, Famine and Death.
Meanwhile, fans know that "X-Men: Apocalypse" will feature the events kicking off in 1983. As for the story, it is reportedly based on "Age of Apocalypse's" plot from the comics. Also, James Mc Avoy, Michael Fassbender, Nicholas Hoult and Jennifer Lawrence will return as Professor X, Magneto, Beast and Mystique respectively. The film is scheduled to hit the theatres on May 27, 2016.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast