Katherine Heigl Talks about Her Career and TV Comeback, Former Grey's Anatomy Star Covers Marie Claire’s Aug 2014 Issue
By Jenalyn Villamarin | July 3, 2014 2:01 PM EST
Actress Katherine Heigl appears to be ready in reviving her acting career with a television comeback. As the former "Grey's Anatomy" star covers the Marie Claire Aug 2014 issue, the 35-year-old actress talked about her new TV series "State of Affairs" as well as her career and its betrayal.
Katherine Heigl quit the Hollywood scene in 2009 after struggling with her career and image as the people she worked with claim that the actress' ego is responsible for her downfall. The THR Sept 2013 report on the actress claimed that her bad behaviour could affect her television comeback with one producer even declaring that Heigl is "not worth it."
In the Marie Claire interview, Katherine Heigl revealed that her acting career betrayed her. "This thing that was my best friend for a long time suddenly turned on me. And I didn't expect it. I was taken by surprise and angry at it for betraying me," the "Knocked Up" star shared.
Afterwards, the TV star finally opened up to the magazine with her career challenges. Katherine Heigl explained that her absence in the limelight is a result of reevaluating her acting career goals and the regret on making several romantic comedy films.
According to Heigl, she had an amazing time doing romantic comedies and there is nothing wrong with that but she thinks that she probably overloaded her audience. The actress even added that she should have worked on a superhero or psychological thriller film.
"I stopped challenging myself. It became a bit by rote and, as a creative person, that can wear you down. That was part of why I took that time off, to ask myself, 'What do I want? What am I looking for?' and shut down all the noise," Heigl, who starred in the romantic comedy films "The Ugly Truth" and "Life as We Know It," shared.
When asked about her comeback to Los Angeles and giving TV acting another shot, Katherine Heigl feels like she is now moving to the next phase of her adulthood. The actress will be back with the new US TV series titled "State of Affairs."
"We made a deal [with the producers] that we will only do 15 episodes a season, so I can go back to Utah and do all the things that inspire me. There's still a part of me that's a Hollywood animal as well," Heigl stated. The actress currently lives in Utah with husband Josh Kelley and two kids, 4-year-old Naleigh and 2-year-old Adalaide.
More Articles to Read:
Robert Downey Jr Responds to Son's Arrest, Indio Falconer Downey Charged with Felony Cocaine Possession and Drug Paraphernalia - [READ]
Ansel Elgort: The Fault in Our Stars Actor Compares Himself to Character Augustus Waters in GQ Interview - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles