Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 vs. Nokia Lumia 620 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | July 3, 2014 1:58 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 or the Nokia Lumia 620, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
An employee of Samsung Electronics walks past the company main office in Seoul in this April 6, 2010 file photo. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd is emerging as a major player in its local debt market, buying more South Korean-issued bonds as it juggles a $60 billion cash pile. Samsung's push into private bank debt and government bonds underscores the challenges faced by the electronics giant in managing its massive cash holdings, with local banks reluctant to overload on short-term deposits from Samsung. REUTERS/Lee Jae-Won
Display and Design
The Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 comes with a 4-inch TFT capacitive touch screen, rendering 480 x 800 pixels resolution. The Nokia Lumia 620 comes with a 3.8-inch TFT capacitive touch screen, rendering 480 x 800 pixels resolution.
The Lumia 620 has a slight edge in this category with 246 ppi pixel display density compared to the 233 ppi pixel display density on the Galaxy S Duos 2.
The Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 comes with 121.5 x 63.1 x 10.6 mm dimensions and weighs 118 grams. The Nokia Lumia 620 comes with 115.4 x 61.1 x 11 mm dimensions and weighs 127 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 is equipped with a 1.2 GHz dual core cortex A9 processor and BCM 28145/28155 chipset. It comes with 4 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Nokia Lumia 620 is equipped with a 1 GHz dual core krait processor and Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system and has 768 MB of RAM. The Nokia Lumia 620 runs on the Microsoft Windows Phone 8 operating system, which can be upgraded to the WP8 Black. In terms of computing power the Galaxy S Duos 2 has a slight edge over the Lumia 620.
The Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 sports a 5 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is a VGA camera. The Nokia Lumia 620 also sports a 5 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is a VGA camera.
The Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 comes with a Li-Ion 1500 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 8 hours on 3G. The Nokia Lumia 620 comes with a Li-Ion 1300 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 9 hours and 50 minutes on 3G or music play of about 61 hours.
Price in Australia
The Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 is priced at around AU $189.95 and the Nokia Lumia 620 is priced at around AU $209.95 in Australia.
Nokia XL vs. Motorola Moto E Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
LG L90 vs. LG G2 Mini Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- Xbox One News: Games with Gold for August Announced; Updates for Progress in China
- The SIMS 4 on Sept 2 Release: Low Demands Specs, No Toddlers or Pools and 3 Premium Packs
- HTC One Mini 2 vs. LG G2 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- MH17: Shrapnel Hits Plane, Russia Calls for UN-led Investigation