Sue Wilkins, Woman Filmed Hurling Racist Rants to Asian Train Passenger, Apologises [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | July 3, 2014 1:41 PM EST
The woman filmed hurling racist expletives to a fellow train passenger has apologised for her behaviour. Sue Wilkins, 55, was remorseful after the footage of her verbally abusing an Asian mother became viral online.
The video, uploaded on YouTube and filmed by another passenger on board an NSW train near Strathfield earlier this week, sees Wilkins arguing with a woman of Asian descent, mocking her accident and calling her a “gook.”
She also told her to go back to her country, and had pulled her eyes back to make fun of her eyes.
The other passengers were quick to come to the woman’s defence, telling Wilkins to shut up and stop saying hurtful words in front of the woman’s children.
However, Wilkins was unstoppable. She also hurled insults at her fellow commuters, calling the man filming the exchange a bogan who couldn’t get an Aussie girlfriend that he had to get a “gook,” referring to the Asian woman, whom he did not have any association with.
A gook is a pejorative term referring to a foreigner, particularly a person of Asian descent.
Wilkins knew she was being filmed, and even brought out her phone to film their angry exchange.
NSW police have called for witnesses to come forward with information about the incident, while the transport for NSW said that it will not “tolerate threats to customers.”
Wilkins has now apologised for her outburst, saying she had no excuse for verbally abusing the “poor innocent” Asian woman.
“It’s not nice what I did to that lady,” she told ninemsn.
“It wasn’t nice to say that to her because it’s not nice when people say that to me... call me white trash and fatso. I know how it hurts and I shouldn’t be saying it to other people.”
Although she knew she shouldn’t have been so cruel, she was just upset because she had been scammed $100,000 by a Dutchman that she had met on dating Web site RSVP.
She explained that she had taken buses and trains from the NSW Central Coast to Sydney to look for work.
She had asked a group of children to stand up from their seats for her to sit down, but their mother, the Asian woman she had been arguing with, told her that her kids did not have to leave their seats.
“I thought it was just a disgrace,” Wilkins continued. “What sort of an example is that setting for your children? It’s just appalling.”
Nevertheless, she acknowledged that she had no excuse for acting inappropriately.
“I had a rotten day, I’ve been chasing work for quite some time now. It’s awful what I said to that woman, I do agree” she said. “There’s no excuse to rant at people like that.”
Video courtesy of YouTube user ShocKit RocKit
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- ISIS Video of Slain Syrian Soldiers Raises Doubts; Syrian Gov't Demands Release of Captured Troops
- Family of Accidentally Killed Arizona Shooting Range Instructor Charles Vacca Feels Sorry For 9-Year-Old Uzi Girl
- Major Highlights On 1400 Minor’s Sex Assault
- Shocking Ice Bucket Challenge Video: Man Drenches 10-Month-Old Granddaughter, Video Garnered Angry And Appalled Comments From Viewers
- Viral Video Pregnancy News: Young Boy Reacts To Mom's 'Exasperating' Pregnancy News, Asks Mom To Buy Him Ear Plugs
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares