Sue Wilkins, Woman Filmed Hurling Racist Rants to Asian Train Passenger, Apologises [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | July 3, 2014 1:41 PM EST
The woman filmed hurling racist expletives to a fellow train passenger has apologised for her behaviour. Sue Wilkins, 55, was remorseful after the footage of her verbally abusing an Asian mother became viral online.
The video, uploaded on YouTube and filmed by another passenger on board an NSW train near Strathfield earlier this week, sees Wilkins arguing with a woman of Asian descent, mocking her accident and calling her a “gook.”
She also told her to go back to her country, and had pulled her eyes back to make fun of her eyes.
The other passengers were quick to come to the woman’s defence, telling Wilkins to shut up and stop saying hurtful words in front of the woman’s children.
However, Wilkins was unstoppable. She also hurled insults at her fellow commuters, calling the man filming the exchange a bogan who couldn’t get an Aussie girlfriend that he had to get a “gook,” referring to the Asian woman, whom he did not have any association with.
A gook is a pejorative term referring to a foreigner, particularly a person of Asian descent.
Wilkins knew she was being filmed, and even brought out her phone to film their angry exchange.
NSW police have called for witnesses to come forward with information about the incident, while the transport for NSW said that it will not “tolerate threats to customers.”
Wilkins has now apologised for her outburst, saying she had no excuse for verbally abusing the “poor innocent” Asian woman.
“It’s not nice what I did to that lady,” she told ninemsn.
“It wasn’t nice to say that to her because it’s not nice when people say that to me... call me white trash and fatso. I know how it hurts and I shouldn’t be saying it to other people.”
Although she knew she shouldn’t have been so cruel, she was just upset because she had been scammed $100,000 by a Dutchman that she had met on dating Web site RSVP.
She explained that she had taken buses and trains from the NSW Central Coast to Sydney to look for work.
She had asked a group of children to stand up from their seats for her to sit down, but their mother, the Asian woman she had been arguing with, told her that her kids did not have to leave their seats.
“I thought it was just a disgrace,” Wilkins continued. “What sort of an example is that setting for your children? It’s just appalling.”
Nevertheless, she acknowledged that she had no excuse for acting inappropriately.
“I had a rotten day, I’ve been chasing work for quite some time now. It’s awful what I said to that woman, I do agree” she said. “There’s no excuse to rant at people like that.”
Video courtesy of YouTube user ShocKit RocKit
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- UFO Falling 'Angel Hair' Strands Spotted By Portugal Residents [VIDEO]
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Has 'Uncanny Ability,' Described As 'Posh' During Public Appearances
- Kim Dotcom Thinks He Will Go To Jail in New Zealand; Admits Before Bail Hearing He is 'Broke'
- Pope Francis Not Closing Doors For Talks With ISIS Despite Death Threat
- Why Michael Brown's Killer, Darren Wilson, Lurks In Shadows, 'Fears For His Life' And Hints That He Will Leave Police Force
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Shatter Records with 64-Bit Snapdragon, 21MP Camera and Bendable Design
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Best Buy,Target And Amazon Offer Huge Discounts On Tablets Like iPad Air 2, Shield Tablet, Surface Pro 3 And More
- Canada Jetlines Files For C$50 Million Airline IPO