Sue Wilkins, Woman Filmed Hurling Racist Rants to Asian Train Passenger, Apologises [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | July 3, 2014 1:41 PM EST
The woman filmed hurling racist expletives to a fellow train passenger has apologised for her behaviour. Sue Wilkins, 55, was remorseful after the footage of her verbally abusing an Asian mother became viral online.
The video, uploaded on YouTube and filmed by another passenger on board an NSW train near Strathfield earlier this week, sees Wilkins arguing with a woman of Asian descent, mocking her accident and calling her a “gook.”
She also told her to go back to her country, and had pulled her eyes back to make fun of her eyes.
The other passengers were quick to come to the woman’s defence, telling Wilkins to shut up and stop saying hurtful words in front of the woman’s children.
However, Wilkins was unstoppable. She also hurled insults at her fellow commuters, calling the man filming the exchange a bogan who couldn’t get an Aussie girlfriend that he had to get a “gook,” referring to the Asian woman, whom he did not have any association with.
A gook is a pejorative term referring to a foreigner, particularly a person of Asian descent.
Wilkins knew she was being filmed, and even brought out her phone to film their angry exchange.
NSW police have called for witnesses to come forward with information about the incident, while the transport for NSW said that it will not “tolerate threats to customers.”
Wilkins has now apologised for her outburst, saying she had no excuse for verbally abusing the “poor innocent” Asian woman.
“It’s not nice what I did to that lady,” she told ninemsn.
“It wasn’t nice to say that to her because it’s not nice when people say that to me... call me white trash and fatso. I know how it hurts and I shouldn’t be saying it to other people.”
Although she knew she shouldn’t have been so cruel, she was just upset because she had been scammed $100,000 by a Dutchman that she had met on dating Web site RSVP.
She explained that she had taken buses and trains from the NSW Central Coast to Sydney to look for work.
She had asked a group of children to stand up from their seats for her to sit down, but their mother, the Asian woman she had been arguing with, told her that her kids did not have to leave their seats.
“I thought it was just a disgrace,” Wilkins continued. “What sort of an example is that setting for your children? It’s just appalling.”
Nevertheless, she acknowledged that she had no excuse for acting inappropriately.
“I had a rotten day, I’ve been chasing work for quite some time now. It’s awful what I said to that woman, I do agree” she said. “There’s no excuse to rant at people like that.”
Video courtesy of YouTube user ShocKit RocKit
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brisbane Woman Performs Sex With Dog, Gets Charged With Bestiality
- Top 5 Halloween 2014 Costume Ideas For Teen Boys
- ISIS Parades 30 Sunni Tribesmen Before Shooting Them Dead In Iraqi Town
- Video Showing Woman Getting Sexually Harassed on New York Streets Goes Viral
- Early Heat Wave Breaks Records In Australia; Lighting Storms Spark Bushfires In Queensland [VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family