Robin Thicke Says He Did not Cheat on Wife Paula Patton, Opens Up About Him Getting Selfish and Greedy [VIDEO]
By nidhi tewari | July 3, 2014 1:26 PM EST
Ever since Robin Thicke has broken up with his wife Paula Patton, he has been reportedly trying to woo her back by dedicating various songs to her and asking her for her forgiveness. The "Blurred Lines" singer has even named his new album "Paula" on his wife's name but the truth is that he has not seen Paula for more than four months. The singer has also revealed in a recent interview that the real reason of their break-up is not cheating as many media agencies are speculating.
Singer Robin Thicke performs amongst employees at the Walmart annual shareholders meeting in Fayetteville, Arkansas
"I try to keep most of that private, but, I haven't seen her for four months," Thicke revealed on New York's Hot 97 radio station on Tuesday. He dismissed the rumors that he has been cheating on Paula and that is the reason why the couple broke up.
"[Cheating] is not why we're apart. We're apart because we just couldn't be together anymore for a while. There's a hundred different reasons, there isn't just one. There's a long list... I changed, and I got a little too selfish, a little too greedy and little too full of myself," Thicke acknowledged in the interview.
When the interviewer asked him if is his wife has listened to his new album, Thicke revealed that she has just listened to few songs and feels that she might not be in a mental state to listen to the entire album on her name. "I can't speak for her, but I think space is an important part of any healing process," Thicke revealed.
The singer then goes on to reveal what the new album is all about. "The album is exactly what happens when you lose the love of your life and you're trying to figure it out in your head. How am I going to move on and get through it all?," Thicke said.
"We just weren't happy together anymore and I still had so much I wanted to apologize for, and things I wanted to take responsibility for, so that's pretty much what the album's about," Thicke added.
However the 37-year-old singer, who gyrated with Miley Cyrus at the MTV Video Music Awards in 2013, says he is quite optimistic about getting Paula back in his life. ".... But maybe a year or two off, we'll become our own people without each other and then it will be meant to be," he added. Check out the entire interview below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 29, 2014: Brooke Must Decide If She Will Continue With Her Plans Of Marrying Bill [WATCH VIDEO]
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate