Robin Thicke Says He Did not Cheat on Wife Paula Patton, Opens Up About Him Getting Selfish and Greedy [VIDEO]
By nidhi tewari | July 3, 2014 1:26 PM EST
Ever since Robin Thicke has broken up with his wife Paula Patton, he has been reportedly trying to woo her back by dedicating various songs to her and asking her for her forgiveness. The "Blurred Lines" singer has even named his new album "Paula" on his wife's name but the truth is that he has not seen Paula for more than four months. The singer has also revealed in a recent interview that the real reason of their break-up is not cheating as many media agencies are speculating.
Singer Robin Thicke performs amongst employees at the Walmart annual shareholders meeting in Fayetteville, Arkansas
"I try to keep most of that private, but, I haven't seen her for four months," Thicke revealed on New York's Hot 97 radio station on Tuesday. He dismissed the rumors that he has been cheating on Paula and that is the reason why the couple broke up.
"[Cheating] is not why we're apart. We're apart because we just couldn't be together anymore for a while. There's a hundred different reasons, there isn't just one. There's a long list... I changed, and I got a little too selfish, a little too greedy and little too full of myself," Thicke acknowledged in the interview.
When the interviewer asked him if is his wife has listened to his new album, Thicke revealed that she has just listened to few songs and feels that she might not be in a mental state to listen to the entire album on her name. "I can't speak for her, but I think space is an important part of any healing process," Thicke revealed.
The singer then goes on to reveal what the new album is all about. "The album is exactly what happens when you lose the love of your life and you're trying to figure it out in your head. How am I going to move on and get through it all?," Thicke said.
"We just weren't happy together anymore and I still had so much I wanted to apologize for, and things I wanted to take responsibility for, so that's pretty much what the album's about," Thicke added.
However the 37-year-old singer, who gyrated with Miley Cyrus at the MTV Video Music Awards in 2013, says he is quite optimistic about getting Paula back in his life. ".... But maybe a year or two off, we'll become our own people without each other and then it will be meant to be," he added. Check out the entire interview below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Pince Harry Somber - Reports
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On