Robin Thicke Says He Did not Cheat on Wife Paula Patton, Opens Up About Him Getting Selfish and Greedy [VIDEO]
By nidhi tewari | July 3, 2014 1:26 PM EST
Ever since Robin Thicke has broken up with his wife Paula Patton, he has been reportedly trying to woo her back by dedicating various songs to her and asking her for her forgiveness. The "Blurred Lines" singer has even named his new album "Paula" on his wife's name but the truth is that he has not seen Paula for more than four months. The singer has also revealed in a recent interview that the real reason of their break-up is not cheating as many media agencies are speculating.
Singer Robin Thicke performs amongst employees at the Walmart annual shareholders meeting in Fayetteville, Arkansas
"I try to keep most of that private, but, I haven't seen her for four months," Thicke revealed on New York's Hot 97 radio station on Tuesday. He dismissed the rumors that he has been cheating on Paula and that is the reason why the couple broke up.
"[Cheating] is not why we're apart. We're apart because we just couldn't be together anymore for a while. There's a hundred different reasons, there isn't just one. There's a long list... I changed, and I got a little too selfish, a little too greedy and little too full of myself," Thicke acknowledged in the interview.
When the interviewer asked him if is his wife has listened to his new album, Thicke revealed that she has just listened to few songs and feels that she might not be in a mental state to listen to the entire album on her name. "I can't speak for her, but I think space is an important part of any healing process," Thicke revealed.
The singer then goes on to reveal what the new album is all about. "The album is exactly what happens when you lose the love of your life and you're trying to figure it out in your head. How am I going to move on and get through it all?," Thicke said.
"We just weren't happy together anymore and I still had so much I wanted to apologize for, and things I wanted to take responsibility for, so that's pretty much what the album's about," Thicke added.
However the 37-year-old singer, who gyrated with Miley Cyrus at the MTV Video Music Awards in 2013, says he is quite optimistic about getting Paula back in his life. ".... But maybe a year or two off, we'll become our own people without each other and then it will be meant to be," he added. Check out the entire interview below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Trailer Reveals Sith Plus John Boyega And Daisy Ridley’s Characters And Much More—Reports
- Cameron Diaz, Benji Madden Engaged – Reports
- Channing Tatum-Jenna Dewan Tatum Split: Channing Disregards Amber Heard Link-Up Reports, Says Wife 'Puts Everything in Perspective'
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 19 Spoilers: Major Confrontations And More Drama Stirs Up In Genoa City
- ‘NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Spoilers: Episode 9 'Traitor' Airs On Nov. 24, 2014, Hetty Orders A Lockdown To Locate The Mole In The ‘NCIS LA’ Team Who Has Put Granger’s Life In Danger [WATCH VIDEO]
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Microsoft Band Wearable Gadget At $199 Is A Sell-Out
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Germany, Not U.S., Is The World’s Favorite Country; UK, Canada, Australia Maintain Top 10 Spots