Robin Thicke Says He Did not Cheat on Wife Paula Patton, Opens Up About Him Getting Selfish and Greedy [VIDEO]
By nidhi tewari | July 3, 2014 1:26 PM EST
Ever since Robin Thicke has broken up with his wife Paula Patton, he has been reportedly trying to woo her back by dedicating various songs to her and asking her for her forgiveness. The "Blurred Lines" singer has even named his new album "Paula" on his wife's name but the truth is that he has not seen Paula for more than four months. The singer has also revealed in a recent interview that the real reason of their break-up is not cheating as many media agencies are speculating.
Singer Robin Thicke performs amongst employees at the Walmart annual shareholders meeting in Fayetteville, Arkansas
"I try to keep most of that private, but, I haven't seen her for four months," Thicke revealed on New York's Hot 97 radio station on Tuesday. He dismissed the rumors that he has been cheating on Paula and that is the reason why the couple broke up.
"[Cheating] is not why we're apart. We're apart because we just couldn't be together anymore for a while. There's a hundred different reasons, there isn't just one. There's a long list... I changed, and I got a little too selfish, a little too greedy and little too full of myself," Thicke acknowledged in the interview.
When the interviewer asked him if is his wife has listened to his new album, Thicke revealed that she has just listened to few songs and feels that she might not be in a mental state to listen to the entire album on her name. "I can't speak for her, but I think space is an important part of any healing process," Thicke revealed.
The singer then goes on to reveal what the new album is all about. "The album is exactly what happens when you lose the love of your life and you're trying to figure it out in your head. How am I going to move on and get through it all?," Thicke said.
"We just weren't happy together anymore and I still had so much I wanted to apologize for, and things I wanted to take responsibility for, so that's pretty much what the album's about," Thicke added.
However the 37-year-old singer, who gyrated with Miley Cyrus at the MTV Video Music Awards in 2013, says he is quite optimistic about getting Paula back in his life. ".... But maybe a year or two off, we'll become our own people without each other and then it will be meant to be," he added. Check out the entire interview below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015