Consumer Reports Releases Best and Worst Fast Food Restaurants in USA
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | July 3, 2014 1:14 PM EST
When it comes to fast food restaurants, quality of the food and convenience of location have become more important factors in the people's dining decisions according to the recent release of Consumer Reports on best and worst fast food restaurants in the United States.
Consumer Reports conducted a survey to 32,405 subscribers across the 65 fast-food and fast-casual chains and devoured 96,208 meals in the process. The study tested the taste champs for burgers, sandwiches and subs, chicken, and burrito. Subscribers were asked to rate the most delicious food they have eaten in a rate of 1 to 10.
In a shocking revelation, the signature dishes that emerged as winners in the readers' benchmark for excellence are relatively less well-known brands. On the other hand, the famous dishes from many biggest names in the fast food industry got significantly lower scores.
In terms of burgers, The Habit Burger Grill tops the list of tasty burgers with a score of 8.1. It was followed by In-N-Out Burger which got a score of 8.0. Meanwhile, the world-famous burger from McDonald's was ranked lowest from the 21 chains surveyed with a very low score of just 5.8. Burger King was ranked third from the lowest with a score of 6.6.
For sandwiches and pubs, Portillo's Hot Dogs tops the list of yummy sandwiches with a score of 8.5. The list was followed by Firehouse Subs with a score of 8.2. Subway earned only a score of 7.2 which landed it on the second to the lowest rank out of 15 chains included in the study.
When it comes to chicken, Chick-fil-A got the number one rank of delightful chicken taste with a score of 8.1. El Pollo Loco followed in rank with an earned score of 7.7. Out of the eight fast food chains in the list, KFC was at the bottom with a score of only 7.1.
For burritos, Chipotle Mexican Grill was at the top in the list of great-tasting burritos with a score of 7.8. It was followed by Rubio's Fresh Mexican Grill which got a score of 7.7. Of the eight chains surveyed, Taco Bell was ranked at the bottom with a low score of only 6.3.
To get the full ranking of the best and worst fast food restaurants in USA, please click here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown