Consumer Reports Releases Best and Worst Fast Food Restaurants in USA
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | July 3, 2014 1:14 PM EST
When it comes to fast food restaurants, quality of the food and convenience of location have become more important factors in the people's dining decisions according to the recent release of Consumer Reports on best and worst fast food restaurants in the United States.
Consumer Reports conducted a survey to 32,405 subscribers across the 65 fast-food and fast-casual chains and devoured 96,208 meals in the process. The study tested the taste champs for burgers, sandwiches and subs, chicken, and burrito. Subscribers were asked to rate the most delicious food they have eaten in a rate of 1 to 10.
In a shocking revelation, the signature dishes that emerged as winners in the readers' benchmark for excellence are relatively less well-known brands. On the other hand, the famous dishes from many biggest names in the fast food industry got significantly lower scores.
In terms of burgers, The Habit Burger Grill tops the list of tasty burgers with a score of 8.1. It was followed by In-N-Out Burger which got a score of 8.0. Meanwhile, the world-famous burger from McDonald's was ranked lowest from the 21 chains surveyed with a very low score of just 5.8. Burger King was ranked third from the lowest with a score of 6.6.
For sandwiches and pubs, Portillo's Hot Dogs tops the list of yummy sandwiches with a score of 8.5. The list was followed by Firehouse Subs with a score of 8.2. Subway earned only a score of 7.2 which landed it on the second to the lowest rank out of 15 chains included in the study.
When it comes to chicken, Chick-fil-A got the number one rank of delightful chicken taste with a score of 8.1. El Pollo Loco followed in rank with an earned score of 7.7. Out of the eight fast food chains in the list, KFC was at the bottom with a score of only 7.1.
For burritos, Chipotle Mexican Grill was at the top in the list of great-tasting burritos with a score of 7.8. It was followed by Rubio's Fresh Mexican Grill which got a score of 7.7. Of the eight chains surveyed, Taco Bell was ranked at the bottom with a low score of only 6.3.
To get the full ranking of the best and worst fast food restaurants in USA, please click here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Hong Kong Protests Cause Closure Of Banks & Instagram Outages In China
- Federal Court Orders Coles To Hang Signs For 3 Months That It Passed Off Par-Baked Bread As Fresh From The Oven
- Microsoft To Have Its Own Retail Outlet in Manhattan
- Telstra To Convert Old Payphones Into Wi-Fi Hotspots
- #Bendgate Video Hits Almost 46 Million In 5 Days, But Impact On Apple’s Finances Minimal
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- Ukraine Under Pressure To Accept EU Brokered Gas Deal With Russia: Resists High Prices Demanded By Russia