Consumer Reports Releases Best and Worst Fast Food Restaurants in USA
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | July 3, 2014 1:14 PM EST
When it comes to fast food restaurants, quality of the food and convenience of location have become more important factors in the people's dining decisions according to the recent release of Consumer Reports on best and worst fast food restaurants in the United States.
Consumer Reports conducted a survey to 32,405 subscribers across the 65 fast-food and fast-casual chains and devoured 96,208 meals in the process. The study tested the taste champs for burgers, sandwiches and subs, chicken, and burrito. Subscribers were asked to rate the most delicious food they have eaten in a rate of 1 to 10.
In a shocking revelation, the signature dishes that emerged as winners in the readers' benchmark for excellence are relatively less well-known brands. On the other hand, the famous dishes from many biggest names in the fast food industry got significantly lower scores.
In terms of burgers, The Habit Burger Grill tops the list of tasty burgers with a score of 8.1. It was followed by In-N-Out Burger which got a score of 8.0. Meanwhile, the world-famous burger from McDonald's was ranked lowest from the 21 chains surveyed with a very low score of just 5.8. Burger King was ranked third from the lowest with a score of 6.6.
For sandwiches and pubs, Portillo's Hot Dogs tops the list of yummy sandwiches with a score of 8.5. The list was followed by Firehouse Subs with a score of 8.2. Subway earned only a score of 7.2 which landed it on the second to the lowest rank out of 15 chains included in the study.
When it comes to chicken, Chick-fil-A got the number one rank of delightful chicken taste with a score of 8.1. El Pollo Loco followed in rank with an earned score of 7.7. Out of the eight fast food chains in the list, KFC was at the bottom with a score of only 7.1.
For burritos, Chipotle Mexican Grill was at the top in the list of great-tasting burritos with a score of 7.8. It was followed by Rubio's Fresh Mexican Grill which got a score of 7.7. Of the eight chains surveyed, Taco Bell was ranked at the bottom with a low score of only 6.3.
To get the full ranking of the best and worst fast food restaurants in USA, please click here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown