Consumer Reports Releases Best and Worst Fast Food Restaurants in USA
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | July 3, 2014 1:14 PM EST
When it comes to fast food restaurants, quality of the food and convenience of location have become more important factors in the people's dining decisions according to the recent release of Consumer Reports on best and worst fast food restaurants in the United States.
Consumer Reports conducted a survey to 32,405 subscribers across the 65 fast-food and fast-casual chains and devoured 96,208 meals in the process. The study tested the taste champs for burgers, sandwiches and subs, chicken, and burrito. Subscribers were asked to rate the most delicious food they have eaten in a rate of 1 to 10.
In a shocking revelation, the signature dishes that emerged as winners in the readers' benchmark for excellence are relatively less well-known brands. On the other hand, the famous dishes from many biggest names in the fast food industry got significantly lower scores.
In terms of burgers, The Habit Burger Grill tops the list of tasty burgers with a score of 8.1. It was followed by In-N-Out Burger which got a score of 8.0. Meanwhile, the world-famous burger from McDonald's was ranked lowest from the 21 chains surveyed with a very low score of just 5.8. Burger King was ranked third from the lowest with a score of 6.6.
For sandwiches and pubs, Portillo's Hot Dogs tops the list of yummy sandwiches with a score of 8.5. The list was followed by Firehouse Subs with a score of 8.2. Subway earned only a score of 7.2 which landed it on the second to the lowest rank out of 15 chains included in the study.
When it comes to chicken, Chick-fil-A got the number one rank of delightful chicken taste with a score of 8.1. El Pollo Loco followed in rank with an earned score of 7.7. Out of the eight fast food chains in the list, KFC was at the bottom with a score of only 7.1.
For burritos, Chipotle Mexican Grill was at the top in the list of great-tasting burritos with a score of 7.8. It was followed by Rubio's Fresh Mexican Grill which got a score of 7.7. Of the eight chains surveyed, Taco Bell was ranked at the bottom with a low score of only 6.3.
To get the full ranking of the best and worst fast food restaurants in USA, please click here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28