Assassin’s Creed Unity Gets a New Developer and Interactive Assassin Creation Site; AC: Memories Spotted for iOS
By Gel Galang | July 3, 2014 12:15 PM EST
"Assassin's Creed Unity" will now have two developers sharing the load of creating what should be the next-gen game for the AC franchise.
Several new action video games are promoted at the Ubisoft booth at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 10, 2014. REUTERS/Kevork Djansezian
Ubisoft Montreal will now be working hand in hand with Ubisoft Quebec, though according to CVG, this is not the first time the Quebec studio is handling an "Assassin's Creed" franchise.
With the "Assassin's Creed 3's" Homestead and "Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag's" Hideout island, as well as the changes made in the Quebec studio's work area, Ubisoft Quebec will now take part in the creative process of developing "Assassin's Creed Unity."
This will be the first step towards Ubisoft Quebec's role in an actual game for the "Assassin's Creed" franchise and beyond its previous DLC projects.
"The basis and the pillars are the same, but each installment brings new context, new story, new characters and all of those things. Each Assassin's Creed team you've seen in the past has had that creative and editorial freedom," said Francois Pelland, executive director of development for Ubisoft Quebec.
"For sure, the Quebec team is absolutely going to bring something new and something creative. That's a guarantee."
The Interactive 'Assassin's Creed Unity" Web Site
In preparation for its release date, "Assassin's Creed Unity" now has a live interactive Web site that lets gamers create their own assassin and then take part in a competition to see if their assassin stands a chance to get a stint in the game's next TV ad.
VG 24/7 has spotted the Web site, which also gives a preliminary background to what "Assassin's Creed Unity" will be about. The setting is in Paris in 1789, where the masses are trying to survive while the rich are living in indulgence and blissful ignorance of the common folk's situation.
"In this time of chaos, Arno, a young man wounded by loss, embarks on a deadly path of redemption. But when freedom is at stake, and the oppression is becoming unbearable, the revolution cannot rest on the shoulders of one hero. It relies on all of us."
This introduction is pretty straightforward with how historical Paris was. After that, you can now get down to business to create your character. Note that you can't make a female one.
The winner will be decided by the number of votes he receives in terms of design, so better get cracking if you want your character to land a gig on the "Assassin's Creed Unity trailer."
'Assassin's Creed Memories' a Possible Mobile Game?
Apart from the "Assassin's Creed Unity" game, fans of the franchise are still crossing their fingers for the much-rumoured "Assassin's Creed Comet," the speculated next AC game that will debut exclusively on the current-gen consoles PS3 and Xbox 360.
But it seems that another game is in the works, and it's appearing not in the previous console generation, but rather on the iOS for mobile gaming.
Touch Arcade has spotted fans discussing about a spotted game in UPlay, titled "Assassin's Creed Memories." The only thing known about it is that the release date is still very vague at "coming soon," and the only platform that has been listed for its release is the iOS.
There is also a small blurb about the game, and if it's to be believed, "Assassin's Creed Memories" is a card and RPG game that makes use of strategy to challenge your targets, great equipment to assert your domination over other guilds, and the excitement of dealing with the most dangerous Assassins and Templars while being in the middle of the fight.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection' Xbox One Fixes And Free Gifts, Bonnie Ross Apologises For Issues
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- ‘GTA V:' 1.19 Patch, Heists DLC Release With ‘Next Major Update’ Possible—Report
- Nokia Lumia 635: Microsoft Drops AT&T Smartphone's Price For 2014 Black Friday Sale
- Google’s Mobile Search To Lessen Stress Of Black Friday Shopping
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments