Jeremy Meeks Secures Modeling Contract, 'Hot Mug Shot Guy' Represented by Gina Rodriguez
By Tanya Diente | July 3, 2014 11:51 AM EST
Jeremy Meeks had females in frenzy late last month when his steamy mugshot was released, making him an object of lust for women worldwide and gaining him several admirers. Now his fame had secured him a modelling contract and he's represented by Gina Rodriguez.
Stockton Police Department photo shows Jeremy Meeks, 30, arrested on June 18, 2014 in a gang crackdown in a crime-ridden area of Stockton, California. The mugshot of Meeks, a convicted felon, went viral on a police Facebook page this week, making him an instant celebrity with Web users who have called him "handsome" and clicked "like" on his picture more than 64,000 times.
The agency, which is based in Santa Monica, claimed it can book Meeks for runway jobs with high-end fashion brands such as Versace and Armani. These jobs could earn him thousands of dollars a month. The agency believed his gangland tattoos could benefit his modeling aspirations, including his teardrop tattoo, which it considers "edgy and sexy."
Meeks also nabbed the attention of GR Media Firm Founder Gina Rodriguez, a Hollywood agent, who has a knack for taking on controversial clients.
Rodriguez has signed the 30-year-old Meeks as a client and he joins other notorious celebrities, including "Teen Mom" Star Farrah Abraham, "Octomom" Nadya Suleman and Donald Sterling's alleged mistress, V. Stiviano.
Speaking to Fox News, Rodriguez said she hoped to secure a number of entertainment deals for Meeks. Aside from a modeling contract, she also hopes to get the convicted felon into reality TV shows to help him "turn his life around."
"Everybody has a story, and I, of all people, know that. If this was a different situation, like if someone was actually hurt or there was violence involved, I definitely would not be taking him on," Rodriguez said.
She added the attention from the mugshot could help set Jeremy Meeks on the straight and narrow, believing that it could be a "positive change" for him and his family.
But not everyone is happy over Meek's sudden fame. Darren Kavinoky, a Los Angeles criminal defense attorney, and host of Investigation Discovery's "Deadly Sins," told FOX411 that Meek's fame is "a clear sign of the impending apocalypse."
"It's totally insane and it speaks poorly of where we are. We are so enamored with appearance and attractiveness that we are willing to totally disregard that we're talking [about] somebody who is a criminal, someone who has a long rap sheet and a history of convictions," he said.
Yet Rodriguez believed Meek's story would serve as an inspiration to others who "feel that they don't have a life after being involved with gangs."
She stressed Meek's fame could change people's opinion about him.
Source:YouTube/ TomoNews US
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan