Jeremy Meeks Secures Modeling Contract, 'Hot Mug Shot Guy' Represented by Gina Rodriguez
By Tanya Diente | July 3, 2014 11:51 AM EST
Jeremy Meeks had females in frenzy late last month when his steamy mugshot was released, making him an object of lust for women worldwide and gaining him several admirers. Now his fame had secured him a modelling contract and he's represented by Gina Rodriguez.
Stockton Police Department photo shows Jeremy Meeks, 30, arrested on June 18, 2014 in a gang crackdown in a crime-ridden area of Stockton, California. The mugshot of Meeks, a convicted felon, went viral on a police Facebook page this week, making him an instant celebrity with Web users who have called him "handsome" and clicked "like" on his picture more than 64,000 times.
The agency, which is based in Santa Monica, claimed it can book Meeks for runway jobs with high-end fashion brands such as Versace and Armani. These jobs could earn him thousands of dollars a month. The agency believed his gangland tattoos could benefit his modeling aspirations, including his teardrop tattoo, which it considers "edgy and sexy."
Meeks also nabbed the attention of GR Media Firm Founder Gina Rodriguez, a Hollywood agent, who has a knack for taking on controversial clients.
Rodriguez has signed the 30-year-old Meeks as a client and he joins other notorious celebrities, including "Teen Mom" Star Farrah Abraham, "Octomom" Nadya Suleman and Donald Sterling's alleged mistress, V. Stiviano.
Speaking to Fox News, Rodriguez said she hoped to secure a number of entertainment deals for Meeks. Aside from a modeling contract, she also hopes to get the convicted felon into reality TV shows to help him "turn his life around."
"Everybody has a story, and I, of all people, know that. If this was a different situation, like if someone was actually hurt or there was violence involved, I definitely would not be taking him on," Rodriguez said.
She added the attention from the mugshot could help set Jeremy Meeks on the straight and narrow, believing that it could be a "positive change" for him and his family.
But not everyone is happy over Meek's sudden fame. Darren Kavinoky, a Los Angeles criminal defense attorney, and host of Investigation Discovery's "Deadly Sins," told FOX411 that Meek's fame is "a clear sign of the impending apocalypse."
"It's totally insane and it speaks poorly of where we are. We are so enamored with appearance and attractiveness that we are willing to totally disregard that we're talking [about] somebody who is a criminal, someone who has a long rap sheet and a history of convictions," he said.
Yet Rodriguez believed Meek's story would serve as an inspiration to others who "feel that they don't have a life after being involved with gangs."
She stressed Meek's fame could change people's opinion about him.
Source:YouTube/ TomoNews US
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family