Jeremy Meeks Secures Modeling Contract, 'Hot Mug Shot Guy' Represented by Gina Rodriguez
By Tanya Diente | July 3, 2014 11:51 AM EST
Jeremy Meeks had females in frenzy late last month when his steamy mugshot was released, making him an object of lust for women worldwide and gaining him several admirers. Now his fame had secured him a modelling contract and he's represented by Gina Rodriguez.
Stockton Police Department photo shows Jeremy Meeks, 30, arrested on June 18, 2014 in a gang crackdown in a crime-ridden area of Stockton, California. The mugshot of Meeks, a convicted felon, went viral on a police Facebook page this week, making him an instant celebrity with Web users who have called him "handsome" and clicked "like" on his picture more than 64,000 times.
The agency, which is based in Santa Monica, claimed it can book Meeks for runway jobs with high-end fashion brands such as Versace and Armani. These jobs could earn him thousands of dollars a month. The agency believed his gangland tattoos could benefit his modeling aspirations, including his teardrop tattoo, which it considers "edgy and sexy."
Meeks also nabbed the attention of GR Media Firm Founder Gina Rodriguez, a Hollywood agent, who has a knack for taking on controversial clients.
Rodriguez has signed the 30-year-old Meeks as a client and he joins other notorious celebrities, including "Teen Mom" Star Farrah Abraham, "Octomom" Nadya Suleman and Donald Sterling's alleged mistress, V. Stiviano.
Speaking to Fox News, Rodriguez said she hoped to secure a number of entertainment deals for Meeks. Aside from a modeling contract, she also hopes to get the convicted felon into reality TV shows to help him "turn his life around."
"Everybody has a story, and I, of all people, know that. If this was a different situation, like if someone was actually hurt or there was violence involved, I definitely would not be taking him on," Rodriguez said.
She added the attention from the mugshot could help set Jeremy Meeks on the straight and narrow, believing that it could be a "positive change" for him and his family.
But not everyone is happy over Meek's sudden fame. Darren Kavinoky, a Los Angeles criminal defense attorney, and host of Investigation Discovery's "Deadly Sins," told FOX411 that Meek's fame is "a clear sign of the impending apocalypse."
"It's totally insane and it speaks poorly of where we are. We are so enamored with appearance and attractiveness that we are willing to totally disregard that we're talking [about] somebody who is a criminal, someone who has a long rap sheet and a history of convictions," he said.
Yet Rodriguez believed Meek's story would serve as an inspiration to others who "feel that they don't have a life after being involved with gangs."
She stressed Meek's fame could change people's opinion about him.
Source:YouTube/ TomoNews US
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage