Top 5 Reasons Celebrities Check-in to Rehab
July 3, 2014 11:24 AM EST
Hollywood stars are prone to addiction or depression which is why rehabilitation centers are ready to spend time with them in open arms.
Comedian Ellen Degeneres (L) and actress Portia de Rossi pose backstage after Degeneres won the award for Favorite Talk Show Host at the 35th annual People's Choice awards in Los Angeles January 7, 2009.
Some of these places cost thousands of dollars for a few weeks' stay. Celebrities also check in for various reasons.
Here are the top five reasons celebrities occasionally get away from the spotlight:
1. Eating Disorder
Staying beautiful and skinny has its downside. In 2000, Portia de Rossi was admitted into rehab for an eating disorder after she dropped to 37 kilograms. Through the years, she continued to struggle with her eating habits. Recently, she checked in secretly in the Passages Malibu rehabilitation clinic with her partner Ellen DeGeneres to seek help. She stayed there for 30 days in May 2014.
2. Drug Addiction
Several celebrities go into rehab several times for drug addiction. Some of the notable stars include Whitney Houston, Miley Cyrus and even Steven Tyler. Stars can get treated for abusing substances like marijuana and cocaine. Rehabilitation treatment usually lasts anywhere between 2 and 8 weeks depending on the severity of the addiction.
3. Anger Management
Chris Brown has been involved in several scandals because of his short temper. He had altercations with strangers, fellow musicians and his ex-girlfriend Rihanna. He checked into a rehab facility to learn how to focus his energies than punching people. Programs can include therapeutic routines like yoga and mental visualization.
4. Alcohol Abuse
Aside from substance abuse, many stars also spend their time downing bottles in the club or at home. Zac Efron is one of many celebrities who decided to check in and kick the habit before it ruins his perfect figure. Other stars also repeatedly undergo rehabilitation after falling back into the drinking game.
Fame and fortune do not always lead to everlasting happiness. Brooke Mueller and other celebrities voluntarily check themselves into rehab centers after going through major problems. They spend several days trying to find inner peace and vent out in a place where there are no divorce lawyers, paparazzi and screaming fans.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family