Top 5 Reasons Celebrities Check-in to Rehab
July 3, 2014 11:24 AM EST
Hollywood stars are prone to addiction or depression which is why rehabilitation centers are ready to spend time with them in open arms.
Comedian Ellen Degeneres (L) and actress Portia de Rossi pose backstage after Degeneres won the award for Favorite Talk Show Host at the 35th annual People's Choice awards in Los Angeles January 7, 2009.
Some of these places cost thousands of dollars for a few weeks' stay. Celebrities also check in for various reasons.
Here are the top five reasons celebrities occasionally get away from the spotlight:
1. Eating Disorder
Staying beautiful and skinny has its downside. In 2000, Portia de Rossi was admitted into rehab for an eating disorder after she dropped to 37 kilograms. Through the years, she continued to struggle with her eating habits. Recently, she checked in secretly in the Passages Malibu rehabilitation clinic with her partner Ellen DeGeneres to seek help. She stayed there for 30 days in May 2014.
2. Drug Addiction
Several celebrities go into rehab several times for drug addiction. Some of the notable stars include Whitney Houston, Miley Cyrus and even Steven Tyler. Stars can get treated for abusing substances like marijuana and cocaine. Rehabilitation treatment usually lasts anywhere between 2 and 8 weeks depending on the severity of the addiction.
3. Anger Management
Chris Brown has been involved in several scandals because of his short temper. He had altercations with strangers, fellow musicians and his ex-girlfriend Rihanna. He checked into a rehab facility to learn how to focus his energies than punching people. Programs can include therapeutic routines like yoga and mental visualization.
4. Alcohol Abuse
Aside from substance abuse, many stars also spend their time downing bottles in the club or at home. Zac Efron is one of many celebrities who decided to check in and kick the habit before it ruins his perfect figure. Other stars also repeatedly undergo rehabilitation after falling back into the drinking game.
Fame and fortune do not always lead to everlasting happiness. Brooke Mueller and other celebrities voluntarily check themselves into rehab centers after going through major problems. They spend several days trying to find inner peace and vent out in a place where there are no divorce lawyers, paparazzi and screaming fans.
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon