Top 5 Reasons Celebrities Check-in to Rehab
July 3, 2014 11:24 AM EST
Hollywood stars are prone to addiction or depression which is why rehabilitation centers are ready to spend time with them in open arms.
Comedian Ellen Degeneres (L) and actress Portia de Rossi pose backstage after Degeneres won the award for Favorite Talk Show Host at the 35th annual People's Choice awards in Los Angeles January 7, 2009.
Some of these places cost thousands of dollars for a few weeks' stay. Celebrities also check in for various reasons.
Here are the top five reasons celebrities occasionally get away from the spotlight:
1. Eating Disorder
Staying beautiful and skinny has its downside. In 2000, Portia de Rossi was admitted into rehab for an eating disorder after she dropped to 37 kilograms. Through the years, she continued to struggle with her eating habits. Recently, she checked in secretly in the Passages Malibu rehabilitation clinic with her partner Ellen DeGeneres to seek help. She stayed there for 30 days in May 2014.
2. Drug Addiction
Several celebrities go into rehab several times for drug addiction. Some of the notable stars include Whitney Houston, Miley Cyrus and even Steven Tyler. Stars can get treated for abusing substances like marijuana and cocaine. Rehabilitation treatment usually lasts anywhere between 2 and 8 weeks depending on the severity of the addiction.
3. Anger Management
Chris Brown has been involved in several scandals because of his short temper. He had altercations with strangers, fellow musicians and his ex-girlfriend Rihanna. He checked into a rehab facility to learn how to focus his energies than punching people. Programs can include therapeutic routines like yoga and mental visualization.
4. Alcohol Abuse
Aside from substance abuse, many stars also spend their time downing bottles in the club or at home. Zac Efron is one of many celebrities who decided to check in and kick the habit before it ruins his perfect figure. Other stars also repeatedly undergo rehabilitation after falling back into the drinking game.
Fame and fortune do not always lead to everlasting happiness. Brooke Mueller and other celebrities voluntarily check themselves into rehab centers after going through major problems. They spend several days trying to find inner peace and vent out in a place where there are no divorce lawyers, paparazzi and screaming fans.
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies’ New Images Of Bard And Smaug In Battle
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 'Arrow' Season 3 Updates: Oliver Queen And Team Go To Barry Allen's Central City (Spoilers)
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Ramsay Bolton
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Shatter Records with 64-Bit Snapdragon, 21MP Camera and Bendable Design
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast