Top 5 Reasons Celebrities Check-in to Rehab
July 3, 2014 11:24 AM EST
Hollywood stars are prone to addiction or depression which is why rehabilitation centers are ready to spend time with them in open arms.
Comedian Ellen Degeneres (L) and actress Portia de Rossi pose backstage after Degeneres won the award for Favorite Talk Show Host at the 35th annual People's Choice awards in Los Angeles January 7, 2009.
Some of these places cost thousands of dollars for a few weeks' stay. Celebrities also check in for various reasons.
Here are the top five reasons celebrities occasionally get away from the spotlight:
1. Eating Disorder
Staying beautiful and skinny has its downside. In 2000, Portia de Rossi was admitted into rehab for an eating disorder after she dropped to 37 kilograms. Through the years, she continued to struggle with her eating habits. Recently, she checked in secretly in the Passages Malibu rehabilitation clinic with her partner Ellen DeGeneres to seek help. She stayed there for 30 days in May 2014.
2. Drug Addiction
Several celebrities go into rehab several times for drug addiction. Some of the notable stars include Whitney Houston, Miley Cyrus and even Steven Tyler. Stars can get treated for abusing substances like marijuana and cocaine. Rehabilitation treatment usually lasts anywhere between 2 and 8 weeks depending on the severity of the addiction.
3. Anger Management
Chris Brown has been involved in several scandals because of his short temper. He had altercations with strangers, fellow musicians and his ex-girlfriend Rihanna. He checked into a rehab facility to learn how to focus his energies than punching people. Programs can include therapeutic routines like yoga and mental visualization.
4. Alcohol Abuse
Aside from substance abuse, many stars also spend their time downing bottles in the club or at home. Zac Efron is one of many celebrities who decided to check in and kick the habit before it ruins his perfect figure. Other stars also repeatedly undergo rehabilitation after falling back into the drinking game.
Fame and fortune do not always lead to everlasting happiness. Brooke Mueller and other celebrities voluntarily check themselves into rehab centers after going through major problems. They spend several days trying to find inner peace and vent out in a place where there are no divorce lawyers, paparazzi and screaming fans.
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories