Top 5 Reasons Celebrities Check-in to Rehab
July 3, 2014 11:24 AM EST
Hollywood stars are prone to addiction or depression which is why rehabilitation centers are ready to spend time with them in open arms.
Comedian Ellen Degeneres (L) and actress Portia de Rossi pose backstage after Degeneres won the award for Favorite Talk Show Host at the 35th annual People's Choice awards in Los Angeles January 7, 2009.
Some of these places cost thousands of dollars for a few weeks' stay. Celebrities also check in for various reasons.
Here are the top five reasons celebrities occasionally get away from the spotlight:
1. Eating Disorder
Staying beautiful and skinny has its downside. In 2000, Portia de Rossi was admitted into rehab for an eating disorder after she dropped to 37 kilograms. Through the years, she continued to struggle with her eating habits. Recently, she checked in secretly in the Passages Malibu rehabilitation clinic with her partner Ellen DeGeneres to seek help. She stayed there for 30 days in May 2014.
2. Drug Addiction
Several celebrities go into rehab several times for drug addiction. Some of the notable stars include Whitney Houston, Miley Cyrus and even Steven Tyler. Stars can get treated for abusing substances like marijuana and cocaine. Rehabilitation treatment usually lasts anywhere between 2 and 8 weeks depending on the severity of the addiction.
3. Anger Management
Chris Brown has been involved in several scandals because of his short temper. He had altercations with strangers, fellow musicians and his ex-girlfriend Rihanna. He checked into a rehab facility to learn how to focus his energies than punching people. Programs can include therapeutic routines like yoga and mental visualization.
4. Alcohol Abuse
Aside from substance abuse, many stars also spend their time downing bottles in the club or at home. Zac Efron is one of many celebrities who decided to check in and kick the habit before it ruins his perfect figure. Other stars also repeatedly undergo rehabilitation after falling back into the drinking game.
Fame and fortune do not always lead to everlasting happiness. Brooke Mueller and other celebrities voluntarily check themselves into rehab centers after going through major problems. They spend several days trying to find inner peace and vent out in a place where there are no divorce lawyers, paparazzi and screaming fans.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier