Kate Middleton Reportedly Criticised by Queen Elizabeth For Overspending
By Tanya Diente | July 3, 2014 11:12 AM EST
Kate Middleton is once again criticised by Queen Elizabeth. This time it's not because of her wardrobe malfunction but due to her excessive spending.
Britain's Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge arrives at Bletchley Park near Milton Keynes in southern England June 18, 2014. The Duchess of Cambridge visited the recently restored site where British codebreakers worked during World War II to decipher encrypted messages sent by the Germans.
A source told Life and Style that Kate Middleton is being slammed by the Queen for overspending on the renovations for Anmer Hall. The Duchess of Cambridge reportedly spent $2.5 million for the estate's new roof tiles. The sitting room in Anmer Hall and its fresh landscaping was also worth $800,000.
"The Duchess also shopped around for new fireplaces and William's grandma isn't happy," the source said.
Queen Elizabeth II is "famously careful about not being flashy," the source said, adding she was reportedly stunned at Kate's overspending. She thought spending millions for a house renovation does not make the Duchess nor the royals look good to the public.
Kate Middleton and Prince William were previously reported having plans of leaving their apartment in Kensington Palace for the peaceful and quiet setting of Anmer Hall to raise their son Prince George.
According to Royal Expert Yvonne York, Anmer Hall gives the royal couple "a lot of privacy."
But it was against the Queen's wishes that the royal couple move into the country estate, since it is two-and-a-half hours away from Buckingham Palace and the royal family.
"The Queen feels it's important for William, Kate and [Prince] George to be based in London. But Kate is completely going against her wishes," the source said.
Currently, it seemed the royal couple may not be moving to Anmer Hall at all.
In a previous report by IBTimes, the couple will remain at their 21-room apartment in Kensington Palace until Prince William is given the title of "Prince of Wales."
A senior royal aide said Kensington Palace will be Kate Middleton's and Prince William's "home for many years to come, "including when William becomes "Prince of Wales."
The couple reportedly spent around £4 million of government money (equivalent to $6,807,980) to refurbish their apartment in the Palace. So it would be a waste of the public's money and work put into the renovation, if Kate Middleton and Prince William ever decide to leave for Anmer Hall.
Source:YouTube/ Newsloop Entertainment
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens’ Leaked Dialogue Of Han Solo From Upcoming Trailer [Spoilers]
- Beyonce’s ‘Ring Off’ Isn’t About Her Alleged Crumbling Marriage to Jay Z, But About Her Parents [VIDEOS]
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced