Kate Middleton Reportedly Criticised by Queen Elizabeth For Overspending
By Tanya Diente | July 3, 2014 11:12 AM EST
Kate Middleton is once again criticised by Queen Elizabeth. This time it's not because of her wardrobe malfunction but due to her excessive spending.
Britain's Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge arrives at Bletchley Park near Milton Keynes in southern England June 18, 2014. The Duchess of Cambridge visited the recently restored site where British codebreakers worked during World War II to decipher encrypted messages sent by the Germans.
A source told Life and Style that Kate Middleton is being slammed by the Queen for overspending on the renovations for Anmer Hall. The Duchess of Cambridge reportedly spent $2.5 million for the estate's new roof tiles. The sitting room in Anmer Hall and its fresh landscaping was also worth $800,000.
"The Duchess also shopped around for new fireplaces and William's grandma isn't happy," the source said.
Queen Elizabeth II is "famously careful about not being flashy," the source said, adding she was reportedly stunned at Kate's overspending. She thought spending millions for a house renovation does not make the Duchess nor the royals look good to the public.
Kate Middleton and Prince William were previously reported having plans of leaving their apartment in Kensington Palace for the peaceful and quiet setting of Anmer Hall to raise their son Prince George.
According to Royal Expert Yvonne York, Anmer Hall gives the royal couple "a lot of privacy."
But it was against the Queen's wishes that the royal couple move into the country estate, since it is two-and-a-half hours away from Buckingham Palace and the royal family.
"The Queen feels it's important for William, Kate and [Prince] George to be based in London. But Kate is completely going against her wishes," the source said.
Currently, it seemed the royal couple may not be moving to Anmer Hall at all.
In a previous report by IBTimes, the couple will remain at their 21-room apartment in Kensington Palace until Prince William is given the title of "Prince of Wales."
A senior royal aide said Kensington Palace will be Kate Middleton's and Prince William's "home for many years to come, "including when William becomes "Prince of Wales."
The couple reportedly spent around £4 million of government money (equivalent to $6,807,980) to refurbish their apartment in the Palace. So it would be a waste of the public's money and work put into the renovation, if Kate Middleton and Prince William ever decide to leave for Anmer Hall.
Source:YouTube/ Newsloop Entertainment
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Things to Know About ‘Surprising, Explosive Ending’ of Andi Dorfman’s Season
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- iPhone 6 Release Date in September 26 with Price Details and More Killer Features
- Apple iPad Mini Air: Three Fresh Features on the Smart Tablet to Wait for
- 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Release Date is Sept 26 after iOS 8 GM Public Debut on Sept 17 – Reports