Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime/Galaxy F Leaked Again with a Release Date, Gear Live Out for Australia
By Gel Galang | July 3, 2014 10:54 AM EST
The Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime (Galaxy F) has been the expected metal bodied handset for the South Korean company. Its previous leaks have hinted at a metal design, but it seems that every time fans would expect the more premium body, Samsung turns around and goes back to its polycarbonate resort.
An employee of Samsung Electronics walks past the company main office in Seoul in this April 6, 2010 file photo. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd is emerging as a major player in its local debt market, buying more South Korean-issued bonds as it juggles a $60 billion cash pile. Samsung's push into private bank debt and government bonds underscores the challenges faced by the electronics giant in managing its massive cash holdings, with local banks reluctant to overload on short-term deposits from Samsung.
However, the latest leaked images for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime give even more evidence of the possible metal design that everyone is waiting for.
@Evleaks is, once again, responsible for the new leaks of Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime (Galaxy F). This time, it's supposedly seen in a crystal clear choice colour. The metallic white-grey appearance of the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime's (Galaxy F) back cover still has a brushed metal appearance.
The latest leak follows a previous leak in June wherein the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime (Galaxy F) has been spotted with a gold back cover, which appears to be a brushed metal design.
However, when comparing the two leaked images there's a very obvious similarity between the two, with the only change seen in the gold colour of the back cover.
Nowhere in @Evleaks' post is there a mention of a metal body, but given the look of the design, it certainly appears more premium when compared to the Samsung Galaxy S5. The two colour options are also very metallic in nature. It would be nice for Samsung to give more clues, but the most that @Evleaks could give is the 2014 tagged date. Since it's still just July in the meantime, it is not such a farfetched idea to release the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime (Galaxy F) in 2014.
But looking at the leaked images alone, Digital Trends has also noted that there is the possibility that it is a faux metal, made in the same way as the LG G3. The source also poses a previously leaked image that shows a possible actual unit of the rendered design.
You be the judge of the two leaked images, and see if this is really what you want to see in the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime (Galaxy F).
Samsung's Smartwatch Now Out in Three Areas
With the growing interest in wearable technology, Samsung has also now officially taken part in the growing market as it recently released the Gear Live smartwatch. According to SamMobile, the Gear Live, which is Samsung's attempt at making its first Android-based wearable, is already available for preorder in Australia, South Korea and Japan via Google Play.
These three are the newest additions to a full lineup of target areas, which include the U.S., U.K., Italy, Spain, Canada, France, Ireland and Germany.
The smartwatch is still only available on the Google Play Web site, but has been confirmed to debut in retail somewhere in July for $199.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'GTA V' For PC, PS4, Xbox One: More DLC Updates And Release Confirmed This Fall
- Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire May Not Be The Only Pokemon Game With This ‘Shocking’ Project
- 'Minecraft' 1.8 Update Gets 'Minecraft' 14w34b Snapshot, 'Minecraft PS Vita' Trailer And A Possible Oculus Rift Port
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. Asus Zenfone 4 Price And Specifications Comparison [WATCH VIDEOS]
- PS4 News: An Update On Project Morpheus And 2 More Games Coming To It
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015