Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime/Galaxy F Leaked Again with a Release Date, Gear Live Out for Australia
By Gel Galang | July 3, 2014 10:54 AM EST
The Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime (Galaxy F) has been the expected metal bodied handset for the South Korean company. Its previous leaks have hinted at a metal design, but it seems that every time fans would expect the more premium body, Samsung turns around and goes back to its polycarbonate resort.
An employee of Samsung Electronics walks past the company main office in Seoul in this April 6, 2010 file photo. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd is emerging as a major player in its local debt market, buying more South Korean-issued bonds as it juggles a $60 billion cash pile. Samsung's push into private bank debt and government bonds underscores the challenges faced by the electronics giant in managing its massive cash holdings, with local banks reluctant to overload on short-term deposits from Samsung.
However, the latest leaked images for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime give even more evidence of the possible metal design that everyone is waiting for.
@Evleaks is, once again, responsible for the new leaks of Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime (Galaxy F). This time, it's supposedly seen in a crystal clear choice colour. The metallic white-grey appearance of the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime's (Galaxy F) back cover still has a brushed metal appearance.
The latest leak follows a previous leak in June wherein the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime (Galaxy F) has been spotted with a gold back cover, which appears to be a brushed metal design.
However, when comparing the two leaked images there's a very obvious similarity between the two, with the only change seen in the gold colour of the back cover.
Nowhere in @Evleaks' post is there a mention of a metal body, but given the look of the design, it certainly appears more premium when compared to the Samsung Galaxy S5. The two colour options are also very metallic in nature. It would be nice for Samsung to give more clues, but the most that @Evleaks could give is the 2014 tagged date. Since it's still just July in the meantime, it is not such a farfetched idea to release the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime (Galaxy F) in 2014.
But looking at the leaked images alone, Digital Trends has also noted that there is the possibility that it is a faux metal, made in the same way as the LG G3. The source also poses a previously leaked image that shows a possible actual unit of the rendered design.
You be the judge of the two leaked images, and see if this is really what you want to see in the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime (Galaxy F).
Samsung's Smartwatch Now Out in Three Areas
With the growing interest in wearable technology, Samsung has also now officially taken part in the growing market as it recently released the Gear Live smartwatch. According to SamMobile, the Gear Live, which is Samsung's attempt at making its first Android-based wearable, is already available for preorder in Australia, South Korea and Japan via Google Play.
These three are the newest additions to a full lineup of target areas, which include the U.S., U.K., Italy, Spain, Canada, France, Ireland and Germany.
The smartwatch is still only available on the Google Play Web site, but has been confirmed to debut in retail somewhere in July for $199.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- 'World Of Warcraft’ Brings Back The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff From Sept. 2-16, 2014 After ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Destiny’ Updates: Devs Talk About Raids and ‘Destiny’ Preorder And Preloading
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase