Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice Spoilers, Update: Jason Mamoa Dishes on His Role as Aquaman Plus Potential Storyline [VIDEO]
By jaskiran kaur | July 3, 2014 9:37 AM EST
"Game of Thrones" actor Jason Mamoa is not yet ready to admit that he will be portraying the role of Aquaman in "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice." However, this does not mean that the actor has no interest in the much-anticipated superhero film. Recently, in an interview, Jason Mamoa revealed his thoughts about playing Aquaman in "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice." Read on to find out what he has to say about the part. Also, learn more about the superhero's storyline. [Warning: Spoilers Alert!]
This article contains potential spoilers from "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice." Read at your own risk.
Earlier, in the month of June, several media outlets reported that "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" will introduce the DC Comics superhero Aquaman to the big screen. And it was reported that Jason Mamoa, who is known for the portrayal of Khal Drogo (Game of Thrones), the leader of Dothrakis will play the role. The news has pretty much convinced everyone, but it still remains unconfirmed.
"Game of Thrones" actor Jason Mamoa attended the Evolution Expo in Oakland, California over the weekend. According to Point of Geeks, the event aims to perfectly conflate science and science-fiction for the purpose of entertainment and education. It was attended by slew of astronauts and actors.
At the event, Jason Mamoa was asked pointblank about portraying Aquaman in "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" and the untitled "Justice League" sequel.
The actor responded by saying that playing the superhero would be "really, really fun" and "awesome."
"I've always talked about, like, what's your favorite. I mean, I love Lobo... It would be awesome. I don't know how they do it, but yeah, absolutely I think it would," Jason Mamoa told the reporter during the event.
However, he doesn't "see himself as a superhero." He feels superheroes are "written a little different."
"I'm not wearing a lot of the...I don't see myself in tights a lot," Jason Mamoa continues.
Furthermore, he sees himself as more of an "anti-hero."
"So, not the smiling, parading to saving the world kind of guy. Yeah, the Hulk would have been fun," Jason Mamoa explains.
Many media outlets are speculating that Jason Momoa is only toying with fans. In fact, his thoughts about Aquaman are speculated to be fairly perfect description of "Aquaman in modern comics." HitFix's report on Aquaman kind of explains how the superhero becomes anti-hero in Zack Snyder's "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice."
According to the Web site, Superman's final battle with Zod led to immense destruction. This may not have any direct implications on Superman, but would help Lex Luthor in tainting reputation of the superhero everyone loves- or loved until now. But the one who will find himself most enraged due to the destruction caused to Indian Ocean by World Engine is Aquaman. The Web site explains that though Aquaman will not have a "major role to play" in the "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice," but he will set the ground for his return to rumoured "Justice League" sequel. What do you think? Do you think "Game of Thrones" star Jason Mamoa is perfect for the much-talked about role?
Watch the video of Jason Mamoa talking about Aquaman role in "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" at Expo Evolution, below:
Video: Jason Momoa Talks Being a Superhero
Credit: YouTube.com/ Mr Anderson
For more update and spoilers from "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice," read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown