Lynas Moves HQ to KL from Sydney to Cut Costs; Fires Contractual Employees
By Vittorio Hernandez | July 3, 2014 9:22 AM EST
Despite the recent protest against the operation of its rare earths facility in Malaysia, Australian miner Lynas said on Wednesday that it would move the company's headquarter to Kuala Lumpur from Sydney to cut costs.
The decision would bring the Lynas management closer to its production and sales facility in Western Australia and Malaysia, said new Lynas Chief Executive Amanda Lacaze.
Included in the cost-cutting strategy are to fire contractual workers, improve use of assets, pursue better procurement practices and renegotiate contracts with suppliers.
"This streamlining of office locations is the first in a series of initiatives aimed at simplifying our approach and focusing on the highest value drivers in our business" Lacaze said, quoted by the Sydney Morning Herald.
She disclosed that over the past quarter, the Lynas Advanced Materials Plant had encountered bottlenecks that affected production results. However, Lacaze added that the problem areas have been managed and each stage of the phase 1 plant, beginning from cracking and leaching all the way to solvent extraction and product finishing, have been individually operated at target capacity for that quarter.
She added that the shift of corporate headquarters would not change its listing in the Australian Stock Exchange.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 To Boost Telstra’s Income By $500 Million
- Smaller Australian Telcos Required To Have Usage Alert For Customers To Avoid Phone Bill Shock
- BlackBerry to Host ‘See The Bigger Picture’ Event in London, Dubai & Toronto on Sep 24
- Addiction Rehabilitation Leader BioCorRx, Inc. Participates In San Francisco’s eMoneyShow
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display