Samsung Galaxy S5 Google Play Edition Shows up Hinting at Galaxy S5 Prime Release
By Precious Silva | July 3, 2014 8:36 AM EST
Samsung continues to tease consumers as details about its Galaxy S5 Google Play Edition shows up hinting for more variants to come soon including the Galaxy S5 Prime. According to the latest leak, the Google Play Edition of the Galaxy S5 may put a stop to TouchWiz haters as the tech giant will be getting rid of the interface in place of a raw Android form. What can people expect from a raw GPE? Can it be a more preferable option than Samsung's usual TouchWiz-laden devices?
New Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone (L), Gear 2 smartwatch (C) and Gear Fit fitness band are displayed at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 23, 2014. Samsung Electronics unveiled a new smart watch and fitness band along with the latest version of its flagship Galaxy smartphone on Monday, demonstrating how the battleground for innovation is shifting from the hand to the wrist. Picture taken on February 23. REUTERS/Albert Gea
Following the release of the Samsung Galaxy S5 flagship, a Google Play Edition appears inevitable similar to the Galaxy Mini edition. True to predictions, it seems the release will be happening soon. According to notorious @evleaks, a number of press renders have been spotted revealing an S5 with TouchWiz-free interface. Instead, the device is running on a raw Android form. However, the images also show one part of the device with on screen buttons whereas another render shows it without.
Similar to how it leaks its other Android devices, Google posted on its site an image of Galaxy S5 running with an Android version similar to the Nexus interface. In the reported leak from Google, the Galaxy S5 unit shows up in a group shot along with a range of Android devices. Some of the devices included are Nexus 7, Nexus 4 and seemingly GPE version of the HTC One M8.
GPE editions have been the preferred or popular choice for smartphone users who want to work with the hardware but without the unnecessary features of the additional UI. According to previous leaks of @evleaks, Samsung has also been gearing up for the release of the Galaxy S5 Prime or Galaxy F series. The product line will be the premium offering of the company targeting the high end market. The Galaxy S5 Prime will reportedly feature a Snapdragon 805 and QHD display. More importantly, it will also feature a display resolution similar to the LG G3.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report