iPod Touch Price Reduced, With More Updates
By Naveena Joy | July 3, 2014 8:09 AM EST
Apple has offered its price drop of the iPod touch and some huge changes in the device. One of the biggest changes that the 16 GB iPod touch featured was a rear-facing iSight camera for a good measure bringing six different colors of black, silver, pink, yellow, blue and red.
The Apple Store previously launched the new 16 GB model with 5 MP camera that provides 1080p HD video recording for a new low price of £159, which is £40 off or $199 in the U.S. or $30 off.
Also, the iPod touch comes with a unique wrist strap which was available only with the higher end models. But consumers would be spending an extra $9 for the strap.
The new 4-inch device keeps the Retina display and replaces the non-camera iPod touch 16 GB model. The innovative iPod also features the FaceTime HD Camera, an Apple A5 processor. It approaches with iOS 7 and a set of the Apple EarPod headphones. These Apple EarPods are standard shipment with all the models.
The iPod touchscreen has an 1136 x 640 resolution (326 ppi), fingerprint-resistant olephobic coating and a max brightness of 500 cd/m2.
It also includes a dual-band Wireless N and Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity, a built-in rechargeable battery, an accelerometer, 3-axis gyro and the new "lightning" connector of the company.
Also, price adjustments have also been stretched to 32 GB and 64 GB models of iPod touch. The price change of 32 GB iPod touch at the Apple store is £199/$249, down from £249/$299 while 64 GB model is £249/$299 reduced from £329/$399. All versions ship within 24 hours of the purchase.
Apple has also moved ahead in cutting the price of higher storage models and are available in the U.S. and the UK.
The iPod models' sales continued to fall year after year. It sold just 2.7 million iPods in the last quarter, which is almost 5.6 million in 2013.
As Apple found itself under huge competition in terms of iPod touch, the company brings in huge changes and updates to the device.
Many consumers were more inclined to buy a smartphone having all the features than a device which only plays music.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 635: Microsoft Drops AT&T Smartphone's Price For 2014 Black Friday Sale
- Google’s Mobile Search To Lessen Stress Of Black Friday Shopping
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Holds Own Black Friday 2014 Sale As More The Dark Below Details Get Revealed
- Apple’s Black Friday Sale Versus Other Retailers
- ‘GTA V' Title Update 1.04, Black Friday Sale And Heists DLC Release In December Possible
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones