iPod Touch Price Reduced, With More Updates
By Naveena Joy | July 3, 2014 8:09 AM EST
Apple has offered its price drop of the iPod touch and some huge changes in the device. One of the biggest changes that the 16 GB iPod touch featured was a rear-facing iSight camera for a good measure bringing six different colors of black, silver, pink, yellow, blue and red.
The Apple Store previously launched the new 16 GB model with 5 MP camera that provides 1080p HD video recording for a new low price of £159, which is £40 off or $199 in the U.S. or $30 off.
Also, the iPod touch comes with a unique wrist strap which was available only with the higher end models. But consumers would be spending an extra $9 for the strap.
The new 4-inch device keeps the Retina display and replaces the non-camera iPod touch 16 GB model. The innovative iPod also features the FaceTime HD Camera, an Apple A5 processor. It approaches with iOS 7 and a set of the Apple EarPod headphones. These Apple EarPods are standard shipment with all the models.
The iPod touchscreen has an 1136 x 640 resolution (326 ppi), fingerprint-resistant olephobic coating and a max brightness of 500 cd/m2.
It also includes a dual-band Wireless N and Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity, a built-in rechargeable battery, an accelerometer, 3-axis gyro and the new "lightning" connector of the company.
Also, price adjustments have also been stretched to 32 GB and 64 GB models of iPod touch. The price change of 32 GB iPod touch at the Apple store is £199/$249, down from £249/$299 while 64 GB model is £249/$299 reduced from £329/$399. All versions ship within 24 hours of the purchase.
Apple has also moved ahead in cutting the price of higher storage models and are available in the U.S. and the UK.
The iPod models' sales continued to fall year after year. It sold just 2.7 million iPods in the last quarter, which is almost 5.6 million in 2013.
As Apple found itself under huge competition in terms of iPod touch, the company brings in huge changes and updates to the device.
Many consumers were more inclined to buy a smartphone having all the features than a device which only plays music.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report