Top TV Shows Australians Love to Watch in 2014 Including MasterChef Australia, My Kitchen Rules and House Rules [WATCH VIDEO]
By Janice Somosot | July 3, 2014 2:06 AM EST
Aussies surely love their TV shows, particularly cooking competitions, home renovation shows and dramas. Want to know what other TV shows they love to watch? Read on to find out what are the top TV shows Australians love to watch in 2014 including "MasterChef Australia," "My Kitchen Rules" and "House Rules."
Fans hold the Australian flag ahead of the team's 2014 World Cup Group B soccer match against Chile at the Pantanal arena in Cuiaba June 13, 2014.
According to news.com.au, the following TV shows are the ones that Aussies love to watch in 2014.
- "The Block: Fans v Faves"
- "House Rules"
- "My Kitchen Rules"
- "MasterChef Australia"
- "Selling Houses Australia" (Foxtel)
- "Grand Designs"
- "The Voice Australia"
- "NRL State of Origin"
- "The Killing Field"
- "Downton Abbey"
- "Love Child"
- "INXS: Never Tear Us Apart"
- "The Real Housewives of Melbourne"
Based on this list, Australians really love home renovation and cooking shows such as "MasterChef Australia," "My Kitchen Rules," "House Rules," "Selling Houses Australia," "Grand Designs" and "The Block."
In the same report by news.com.au, media analyst Steve Allen offered up an explanation on these shows' success in Australia.
"These genres (cooking and home renovation) are wholesome and positive with life affirming themes and formats," said Allen in the news.com.au article.
"They are competitions which seek out creativity, inventiveness, and encourage and nurture personal development. We can take their lessons and use them ourselves," added Allen.
And there you have it, these are the top TV shows Australians love to watch in 2014. You can read about some of these shows here at the International Business Times (IBT). Unfortunately, other shows are not that successful in Australia like "So You Think You Can Dance Australia," "Spicks and Specks," "The Biggest Loser," "Wake Up," "A Place to Call Home," "Jonah from Tonga," "Secrets & Lies," "Intelligence," "Spicks and Specks," "The Logies," "Secrets & Lies," "When Love Comes to Town" and "The Biggest Loser: Challenge Australia." Guess not all the dramas and reality shows fare well in Australia after all. No word on how soap operas like "Neighbours" and "Home and Away" fare against the shows mentioned earlier. Is it possible that there will be more cooking and home improvement shows in the horizon for the Land Down Under? Well, hopefully not because there might be an overload of these types of shows. It's still nice to have a bit of variety in TV to keep things from becoming boring.
Watch a video of "House Rules" below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- The Bold and the Beautiful Spoilers for July 31, 2014: Plans, Conditions and Ultimatums in B&B [WATCH VIDEO]
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools