Top TV Shows Australians Love to Watch in 2014 Including MasterChef Australia, My Kitchen Rules and House Rules [WATCH VIDEO]
By Janice Somosot | July 3, 2014 2:06 AM EST
Aussies surely love their TV shows, particularly cooking competitions, home renovation shows and dramas. Want to know what other TV shows they love to watch? Read on to find out what are the top TV shows Australians love to watch in 2014 including "MasterChef Australia," "My Kitchen Rules" and "House Rules."
Fans hold the Australian flag ahead of the team's 2014 World Cup Group B soccer match against Chile at the Pantanal arena in Cuiaba June 13, 2014.
According to news.com.au, the following TV shows are the ones that Aussies love to watch in 2014.
- "The Block: Fans v Faves"
- "House Rules"
- "My Kitchen Rules"
- "MasterChef Australia"
- "Selling Houses Australia" (Foxtel)
- "Grand Designs"
- "The Voice Australia"
- "NRL State of Origin"
- "The Killing Field"
- "Downton Abbey"
- "Love Child"
- "INXS: Never Tear Us Apart"
- "The Real Housewives of Melbourne"
Based on this list, Australians really love home renovation and cooking shows such as "MasterChef Australia," "My Kitchen Rules," "House Rules," "Selling Houses Australia," "Grand Designs" and "The Block."
In the same report by news.com.au, media analyst Steve Allen offered up an explanation on these shows' success in Australia.
"These genres (cooking and home renovation) are wholesome and positive with life affirming themes and formats," said Allen in the news.com.au article.
"They are competitions which seek out creativity, inventiveness, and encourage and nurture personal development. We can take their lessons and use them ourselves," added Allen.
And there you have it, these are the top TV shows Australians love to watch in 2014. You can read about some of these shows here at the International Business Times (IBT). Unfortunately, other shows are not that successful in Australia like "So You Think You Can Dance Australia," "Spicks and Specks," "The Biggest Loser," "Wake Up," "A Place to Call Home," "Jonah from Tonga," "Secrets & Lies," "Intelligence," "Spicks and Specks," "The Logies," "Secrets & Lies," "When Love Comes to Town" and "The Biggest Loser: Challenge Australia." Guess not all the dramas and reality shows fare well in Australia after all. No word on how soap operas like "Neighbours" and "Home and Away" fare against the shows mentioned earlier. Is it possible that there will be more cooking and home improvement shows in the horizon for the Land Down Under? Well, hopefully not because there might be an overload of these types of shows. It's still nice to have a bit of variety in TV to keep things from becoming boring.
Watch a video of "House Rules" below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop