Apple iPhone 6 Confirmed Sept 19 Final Design to Remove Antenna Breaks with Mockups Available
By Precious Silva | July 3, 2014 12:47 AM EST
July marks another month for more Apple iPhone 6 leaks and news. According to recent stream of mockups released, the final design for the upcoming flagship will not feature antenna breaks contradicting previous mockups. The recent input on Apple's 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch variants indicate that previous leaks were not accurate and the final design will be much more different than anticipated. What will the iPhone 6 look like?
A woman holds her new Apple iPhone 5S after buying it at an Apple Store at Tokyo's Ginza shopping district September 20, 2013. REUTERS/Toru Hanai
According to G for Games, Nikkei claims that the previous mockups released about the iPhone 6 may not be entirely reliable or true. Although the mockups offered fairly accurate details about the form factor, there are some parts which consumers should take with a grain of salt.
While the dummies reflected the overall design, still, the mockups appear like they feature low quality materials. There are a number of construction misses even primary design elements according to the sources. Nikkei pointed out that the curved glass display should be integrated smoothly with the aluminum shell surrounding the device. The aluminum part of the build does not combine well with the display. Nikkei sources say that this should not be case. The curved display should go well with the aluminum shell. It should offer the illusion that both parts are made from just one material.
More importantly, the antenna breaks that have been featured on the mockups will not be included on the iPhone 6's final render. Previously, predictions included white-striped lines going along the back panel. Nikkei sources also claim that these will not be integrated into the final external design. In fact, the more realistic design of the iPhone 6 will reportedly be closer to the style of the iPhone 5 series.
Other problematic details about the recent mockups include the low build quality. There is also a gap on the device because of the incompatible home button. Mac Otakara also claimed that the iPhone 6 will feature a curved display supporting design references by Nikkei. According to Bloomberg, Apple's mass production should commence this July in time for the September release. Other reported features include an A8 processor and $100 premium on the 5.5-inch version.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 Reportedly Cleared by FCC: Five Fresh Features to Expect from Android Smart Phone
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. OnePlus One—Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 New Release Imminent as Apple Enters Mid-August Production with New 24-Karat Gold iPhone 6
- Richard Norris' Successful Face Transplant Lands Him in GQ Cover [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- A Mother Of Two Dies While Undergoing Stem Cell Treatment
- Breaking Discovery: Industrial Pollution Reached South Pole by 19th Century
- Human Guinea Pigs for Google Health Projects