Kyrgios vs. Raonic Live Streaming Info and Preview: Aussie Aims for Back-to-Back Upset in 2014 Wimbledon Championships
By James Patrick Quizon | July 2, 2014 10:13 PM EST
World No. 1 Rafael Nadal didn’t know what hit him on Tuesday. Roughly 24 hours later, Nick Kyrgios of Australia tries to pull off another upset this time against Milos Raonic of Canada in the quarterfinal round of the men’s singles of the 2014 Wimbledon Championships.
Nick Kyrgios of Australia reacts during his men's singles tennis match against Rafael Nadal of Spain at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships, in London July 1, 2014.
Kyrgios’ star is rising in the tennis world. Ranked 144th in the world before the tourney, he delivered the four set victory over Nadal, in style including this “shot of the year” over the Spaniard:
Kyrgios is the underdog again at 2.87 versus Raonic, who is pegged at 1.40 to win the match. The 19-year-old Australian was a 9.00 dog against Nadal so the betting odds doesn’t matter at this point.
“I'm pretty happy. That's the biggest win of my career obviously, and that's something I'm never going to forget. I'm going to draw so much confidence out of that no matter where I play now. To have that under my belt, it's massive,” Kyrgios told the tournament’s official website.
The Australian used his powerful serve to outlast Nadal with 37 aces.
“You know, I think I had to play a solid game that gave me the best shot. That's serving big and playing aggressive. I thought today my serve was something that got me over the line. It made me, you know, be able to put pressure on his serve as well,” said Kyrgios, who improved to 6-7 in his pro career in the post-match press conference.
Meanwhile, Raonic is coming off a decisive four set victory, 4-6, 6-1, 7-6 (4), 6-3 over Japan's Kei Nishikori in his Round of 16 match.
Kyrgios delivered two big upsets so far in his first Wimbledon experience. Will he net the third one against Raonic to make an improbable semifinals appearance? Catch Kyrgios vs. Raonic via these live streaming links: Wimbledon Official Site; The Tennis Channel; BBC (UK) or ESPN (US).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Ana Ivanovic Posts a Hot Selfie on Instagram after her San Francisco Photo-Shoot
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report