Kyrgios vs. Raonic Live Streaming Info and Preview: Aussie Aims for Back-to-Back Upset in 2014 Wimbledon Championships
By James Patrick Quizon | July 2, 2014 10:13 PM EST
World No. 1 Rafael Nadal didn’t know what hit him on Tuesday. Roughly 24 hours later, Nick Kyrgios of Australia tries to pull off another upset this time against Milos Raonic of Canada in the quarterfinal round of the men’s singles of the 2014 Wimbledon Championships.
Nick Kyrgios of Australia reacts during his men's singles tennis match against Rafael Nadal of Spain at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships, in London July 1, 2014.
Kyrgios’ star is rising in the tennis world. Ranked 144th in the world before the tourney, he delivered the four set victory over Nadal, in style including this “shot of the year” over the Spaniard:
Kyrgios is the underdog again at 2.87 versus Raonic, who is pegged at 1.40 to win the match. The 19-year-old Australian was a 9.00 dog against Nadal so the betting odds doesn’t matter at this point.
“I'm pretty happy. That's the biggest win of my career obviously, and that's something I'm never going to forget. I'm going to draw so much confidence out of that no matter where I play now. To have that under my belt, it's massive,” Kyrgios told the tournament’s official website.
The Australian used his powerful serve to outlast Nadal with 37 aces.
“You know, I think I had to play a solid game that gave me the best shot. That's serving big and playing aggressive. I thought today my serve was something that got me over the line. It made me, you know, be able to put pressure on his serve as well,” said Kyrgios, who improved to 6-7 in his pro career in the post-match press conference.
Meanwhile, Raonic is coming off a decisive four set victory, 4-6, 6-1, 7-6 (4), 6-3 over Japan's Kei Nishikori in his Round of 16 match.
Kyrgios delivered two big upsets so far in his first Wimbledon experience. Will he net the third one against Raonic to make an improbable semifinals appearance? Catch Kyrgios vs. Raonic via these live streaming links: Wimbledon Official Site; The Tennis Channel; BBC (UK) or ESPN (US).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports