Kyrgios vs. Raonic Live Streaming Info and Preview: Aussie Aims for Back-to-Back Upset in 2014 Wimbledon Championships
By James Patrick Quizon | July 2, 2014 10:13 PM EST
World No. 1 Rafael Nadal didn’t know what hit him on Tuesday. Roughly 24 hours later, Nick Kyrgios of Australia tries to pull off another upset this time against Milos Raonic of Canada in the quarterfinal round of the men’s singles of the 2014 Wimbledon Championships.
Nick Kyrgios of Australia reacts during his men's singles tennis match against Rafael Nadal of Spain at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships, in London July 1, 2014.
Kyrgios’ star is rising in the tennis world. Ranked 144th in the world before the tourney, he delivered the four set victory over Nadal, in style including this “shot of the year” over the Spaniard:
Kyrgios is the underdog again at 2.87 versus Raonic, who is pegged at 1.40 to win the match. The 19-year-old Australian was a 9.00 dog against Nadal so the betting odds doesn’t matter at this point.
“I'm pretty happy. That's the biggest win of my career obviously, and that's something I'm never going to forget. I'm going to draw so much confidence out of that no matter where I play now. To have that under my belt, it's massive,” Kyrgios told the tournament’s official website.
The Australian used his powerful serve to outlast Nadal with 37 aces.
“You know, I think I had to play a solid game that gave me the best shot. That's serving big and playing aggressive. I thought today my serve was something that got me over the line. It made me, you know, be able to put pressure on his serve as well,” said Kyrgios, who improved to 6-7 in his pro career in the post-match press conference.
Meanwhile, Raonic is coming off a decisive four set victory, 4-6, 6-1, 7-6 (4), 6-3 over Japan's Kei Nishikori in his Round of 16 match.
Kyrgios delivered two big upsets so far in his first Wimbledon experience. Will he net the third one against Raonic to make an improbable semifinals appearance? Catch Kyrgios vs. Raonic via these live streaming links: Wimbledon Official Site; The Tennis Channel; BBC (UK) or ESPN (US).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon