Kyrgios vs. Raonic Live Streaming Info and Preview: Aussie Aims for Back-to-Back Upset in 2014 Wimbledon Championships
By James Patrick Quizon | July 2, 2014 10:13 PM EST
World No. 1 Rafael Nadal didn’t know what hit him on Tuesday. Roughly 24 hours later, Nick Kyrgios of Australia tries to pull off another upset this time against Milos Raonic of Canada in the quarterfinal round of the men’s singles of the 2014 Wimbledon Championships.
Nick Kyrgios of Australia reacts during his men's singles tennis match against Rafael Nadal of Spain at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships, in London July 1, 2014.
Kyrgios’ star is rising in the tennis world. Ranked 144th in the world before the tourney, he delivered the four set victory over Nadal, in style including this “shot of the year” over the Spaniard:
Kyrgios is the underdog again at 2.87 versus Raonic, who is pegged at 1.40 to win the match. The 19-year-old Australian was a 9.00 dog against Nadal so the betting odds doesn’t matter at this point.
“I'm pretty happy. That's the biggest win of my career obviously, and that's something I'm never going to forget. I'm going to draw so much confidence out of that no matter where I play now. To have that under my belt, it's massive,” Kyrgios told the tournament’s official website.
The Australian used his powerful serve to outlast Nadal with 37 aces.
“You know, I think I had to play a solid game that gave me the best shot. That's serving big and playing aggressive. I thought today my serve was something that got me over the line. It made me, you know, be able to put pressure on his serve as well,” said Kyrgios, who improved to 6-7 in his pro career in the post-match press conference.
Meanwhile, Raonic is coming off a decisive four set victory, 4-6, 6-1, 7-6 (4), 6-3 over Japan's Kei Nishikori in his Round of 16 match.
Kyrgios delivered two big upsets so far in his first Wimbledon experience. Will he net the third one against Raonic to make an improbable semifinals appearance? Catch Kyrgios vs. Raonic via these live streaming links: Wimbledon Official Site; The Tennis Channel; BBC (UK) or ESPN (US).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop