Kyrgios vs. Raonic Live Streaming Info and Preview: Aussie Aims for Back-to-Back Upset in 2014 Wimbledon Championships
By James Patrick Quizon | July 2, 2014 10:13 PM EST
World No. 1 Rafael Nadal didn’t know what hit him on Tuesday. Roughly 24 hours later, Nick Kyrgios of Australia tries to pull off another upset this time against Milos Raonic of Canada in the quarterfinal round of the men’s singles of the 2014 Wimbledon Championships.
Nick Kyrgios of Australia reacts during his men's singles tennis match against Rafael Nadal of Spain at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships, in London July 1, 2014.
Kyrgios’ star is rising in the tennis world. Ranked 144th in the world before the tourney, he delivered the four set victory over Nadal, in style including this “shot of the year” over the Spaniard:
Kyrgios is the underdog again at 2.87 versus Raonic, who is pegged at 1.40 to win the match. The 19-year-old Australian was a 9.00 dog against Nadal so the betting odds doesn’t matter at this point.
“I'm pretty happy. That's the biggest win of my career obviously, and that's something I'm never going to forget. I'm going to draw so much confidence out of that no matter where I play now. To have that under my belt, it's massive,” Kyrgios told the tournament’s official website.
The Australian used his powerful serve to outlast Nadal with 37 aces.
“You know, I think I had to play a solid game that gave me the best shot. That's serving big and playing aggressive. I thought today my serve was something that got me over the line. It made me, you know, be able to put pressure on his serve as well,” said Kyrgios, who improved to 6-7 in his pro career in the post-match press conference.
Meanwhile, Raonic is coming off a decisive four set victory, 4-6, 6-1, 7-6 (4), 6-3 over Japan's Kei Nishikori in his Round of 16 match.
Kyrgios delivered two big upsets so far in his first Wimbledon experience. Will he net the third one against Raonic to make an improbable semifinals appearance? Catch Kyrgios vs. Raonic via these live streaming links: Wimbledon Official Site; The Tennis Channel; BBC (UK) or ESPN (US).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- Muslim NFL Player Husain Abdullah Penalised For Praying After Touchdown
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money