Roger Federer vs. Stan Wawrinka Live Stream & Prediction – Wimbledon Open Men’s Singles QF
By Lou Imperial | July 2, 2014 8:47 PM EST
Swiss contenders Roger Federer and Stanislas Wawrinka will play each other on the fabled centre court lawn at All England Tennis Club on Wednesday at 10:00 p.m Sydney Time.
The explosive quarterfinal showdown between Federer and Wawrinka is about to erupt hours from now, with a trip into the semifinal round up for grabs.
Roger Federer of Switzerland wipes his face during a training session ahead of the Wimbledon Tennis Championships in London June 22, 2014.
How did they get here?
The 32-year old Federer booked his place in the quarterfinal round after cruising past Spain's Tommy Robredo 6-1, 6-4, 6-4 in their fourth round clash. The Swiss Maestro has been clinical throughout the early rounds, dispatching Robredo, Santiago Giraldo, Giles Muller and Paolo Lorenzi without dropping a set.
"I'm pleased with the way I am playing. I'm moving well, serving well and doing all the things right that you need to be doing to go deep into this tournament," Federer said in an interview with BBC News.
Meanwhile, Wawrinka had to take a harder journey for him to advance into the final-eight, as he defeated Denis Istomin 6-3, 6-3, 6-4 and Feliciano Lopez 7-6, 7-6, 6-3 in two consecutive days.
Wednesday's clash with Federer will mark the third straight day of Grand Slam tennis for Wawrinka, who admitted to have been greatly affected by the change in schedule stemmed from a rain-delayed Saturday play.
Gunning for his Grand Slam championships in his career, the reigning Australian Open champ believed he better steps up his game into another level for him to have a fighting chance against Federer.
The 29-year old Wawrinka is aware of the peril of playing a healthy Federer, who's capable of inflicting same damage Rafael Nadal usually dealt to his opponent at Roland Garros.
"It's like playing Rafa in the French Open," the 29-year old Wawrinka said in Tuesday's presser. "Those guys are playing their best tennis since many years.
Federer leads the head-to-head advantage over Wawrinka 13-2, but the younger Swiss captured a three-set victory in their latest clash in the finals of the Monte Carlo Masters 2014.
Like their previous meeting, their quarterfinal duel is expected to be intense from the get-go, with both players putting their friendship on hold for a shot at tennis glory. However, Federer's hunger to win Slam no.18 will eventually catapult him to a hard-earned win and a place in the semis.
Prediction: Federer def. Wawrinka 6-3, 6-4, 5-7, 6-3
Live Stream Information
Roger Federer vs. Stan Wawrinka will officially start at around 10:00 p.m (Sydney Time) and can be watched via free Live Stream on Wimbledon Open official site (UK) and ESPN Watch (US) Live Score is available on ESPN Court Cast.
Roger Federer's Press Conference
For more Roger Federer, Stan Wawrinka and Wimbledon Open news, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS