Shia LaBeouf Thinks Erratic Behavior a Sign of Health Problem, Voluntarily Receiving Treatment for Alcohol Addiction
By Annie Dee | July 2, 2014 6:15 PM EST
Shia LaBeouf recognized the errors in his ways, especially for the last few days of June. Shia was recently been apprehended for his erratic behavior, which includes chasing down a homeless man and disrupting the "Act 1" of "Cabaret" at Manhattan's Studio 54. The report by Access Hollywood claims Shia recognizes his weird behavior as related to a larger health problem and is going to take the steps to recover.
Shia LaBeouf (L), is arraigned in Midtown Community Court in New York June 27, 2014.
"Shia LaBeouf has not checked into a rehabilitation facility but he is voluntarily receiving treatment for alcohol addiction," Shia's rep shared to Access Hollywood and Radar Online reports. "He understands that these recent actions are a symptom of a larger health problem and he has taken the first of many necessary steps towards recovery."
Last Thursday night, Shia headlined several reports for his erratic behavior. Radar Online reports that Shia was arrested for multiple charges as well as shouting at police officers.
The "Transformers" star was very disruptive during during Act 1″ of "Cabaret" at Manhattan's Studio 54. The show spokesperson told Radar Online that the star keeps cursing and making a scene until he was asked to get out. He was "smoking and smacking playgoers at the venue on their rear ends and back of heads" too. At the police station, the officers claimed that the actor was "incoherent" and "very agitated." As a result, he was taken into custody for disorderly conduct as well criminal trespass.
While in custody, New York Post reports that the star kept spitting at cops because they would not remove his handcuffs. The cops got so agitated and irritated with the actor's disrespectful behavior that they put a mask on him.
As such, Shia reportedly told them, "F-k you, I'll f-k you up," and called one of the officers a "f*g," New York Post reports.
LaBeouf also allegedly said: "I have millions and millions of dollars and attorneys - I'm going to ruin your career!"
Many speculated this was not a one-night thing. He did not go berserk just because something was bothering him on the day or he drank too much that night. It can be remembered that February of this year, he arrived on the "Nymphomaniac" red carpet in Berlin with a paper bag on his head with the statement "I am not famous anymore," US Magazine reported.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories