Shia LaBeouf Thinks Erratic Behavior a Sign of Health Problem, Voluntarily Receiving Treatment for Alcohol Addiction
By Annie Dee | July 2, 2014 6:15 PM EST
Shia LaBeouf recognized the errors in his ways, especially for the last few days of June. Shia was recently been apprehended for his erratic behavior, which includes chasing down a homeless man and disrupting the "Act 1" of "Cabaret" at Manhattan's Studio 54. The report by Access Hollywood claims Shia recognizes his weird behavior as related to a larger health problem and is going to take the steps to recover.
Shia LaBeouf (L), is arraigned in Midtown Community Court in New York June 27, 2014.
"Shia LaBeouf has not checked into a rehabilitation facility but he is voluntarily receiving treatment for alcohol addiction," Shia's rep shared to Access Hollywood and Radar Online reports. "He understands that these recent actions are a symptom of a larger health problem and he has taken the first of many necessary steps towards recovery."
Last Thursday night, Shia headlined several reports for his erratic behavior. Radar Online reports that Shia was arrested for multiple charges as well as shouting at police officers.
The "Transformers" star was very disruptive during during Act 1″ of "Cabaret" at Manhattan's Studio 54. The show spokesperson told Radar Online that the star keeps cursing and making a scene until he was asked to get out. He was "smoking and smacking playgoers at the venue on their rear ends and back of heads" too. At the police station, the officers claimed that the actor was "incoherent" and "very agitated." As a result, he was taken into custody for disorderly conduct as well criminal trespass.
While in custody, New York Post reports that the star kept spitting at cops because they would not remove his handcuffs. The cops got so agitated and irritated with the actor's disrespectful behavior that they put a mask on him.
As such, Shia reportedly told them, "F-k you, I'll f-k you up," and called one of the officers a "f*g," New York Post reports.
LaBeouf also allegedly said: "I have millions and millions of dollars and attorneys - I'm going to ruin your career!"
Many speculated this was not a one-night thing. He did not go berserk just because something was bothering him on the day or he drank too much that night. It can be remembered that February of this year, he arrived on the "Nymphomaniac" red carpet in Berlin with a paper bag on his head with the statement "I am not famous anymore," US Magazine reported.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report