Shia LaBeouf Thinks Erratic Behavior a Sign of Health Problem, Voluntarily Receiving Treatment for Alcohol Addiction
By Annie Dee | July 2, 2014 6:15 PM EST
Shia LaBeouf recognized the errors in his ways, especially for the last few days of June. Shia was recently been apprehended for his erratic behavior, which includes chasing down a homeless man and disrupting the "Act 1" of "Cabaret" at Manhattan's Studio 54. The report by Access Hollywood claims Shia recognizes his weird behavior as related to a larger health problem and is going to take the steps to recover.
Shia LaBeouf (L), is arraigned in Midtown Community Court in New York June 27, 2014.
"Shia LaBeouf has not checked into a rehabilitation facility but he is voluntarily receiving treatment for alcohol addiction," Shia's rep shared to Access Hollywood and Radar Online reports. "He understands that these recent actions are a symptom of a larger health problem and he has taken the first of many necessary steps towards recovery."
Last Thursday night, Shia headlined several reports for his erratic behavior. Radar Online reports that Shia was arrested for multiple charges as well as shouting at police officers.
The "Transformers" star was very disruptive during during Act 1″ of "Cabaret" at Manhattan's Studio 54. The show spokesperson told Radar Online that the star keeps cursing and making a scene until he was asked to get out. He was "smoking and smacking playgoers at the venue on their rear ends and back of heads" too. At the police station, the officers claimed that the actor was "incoherent" and "very agitated." As a result, he was taken into custody for disorderly conduct as well criminal trespass.
While in custody, New York Post reports that the star kept spitting at cops because they would not remove his handcuffs. The cops got so agitated and irritated with the actor's disrespectful behavior that they put a mask on him.
As such, Shia reportedly told them, "F-k you, I'll f-k you up," and called one of the officers a "f*g," New York Post reports.
LaBeouf also allegedly said: "I have millions and millions of dollars and attorneys - I'm going to ruin your career!"
Many speculated this was not a one-night thing. He did not go berserk just because something was bothering him on the day or he drank too much that night. It can be remembered that February of this year, he arrived on the "Nymphomaniac" red carpet in Berlin with a paper bag on his head with the statement "I am not famous anymore," US Magazine reported.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Pince Harry Somber - Reports
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal