Shia LaBeouf Thinks Erratic Behavior a Sign of Health Problem, Voluntarily Receiving Treatment for Alcohol Addiction
By Annie Dee | July 2, 2014 6:15 PM EST
Shia LaBeouf recognized the errors in his ways, especially for the last few days of June. Shia was recently been apprehended for his erratic behavior, which includes chasing down a homeless man and disrupting the "Act 1" of "Cabaret" at Manhattan's Studio 54. The report by Access Hollywood claims Shia recognizes his weird behavior as related to a larger health problem and is going to take the steps to recover.
Shia LaBeouf (L), is arraigned in Midtown Community Court in New York June 27, 2014.
"Shia LaBeouf has not checked into a rehabilitation facility but he is voluntarily receiving treatment for alcohol addiction," Shia's rep shared to Access Hollywood and Radar Online reports. "He understands that these recent actions are a symptom of a larger health problem and he has taken the first of many necessary steps towards recovery."
Last Thursday night, Shia headlined several reports for his erratic behavior. Radar Online reports that Shia was arrested for multiple charges as well as shouting at police officers.
The "Transformers" star was very disruptive during during Act 1″ of "Cabaret" at Manhattan's Studio 54. The show spokesperson told Radar Online that the star keeps cursing and making a scene until he was asked to get out. He was "smoking and smacking playgoers at the venue on their rear ends and back of heads" too. At the police station, the officers claimed that the actor was "incoherent" and "very agitated." As a result, he was taken into custody for disorderly conduct as well criminal trespass.
While in custody, New York Post reports that the star kept spitting at cops because they would not remove his handcuffs. The cops got so agitated and irritated with the actor's disrespectful behavior that they put a mask on him.
As such, Shia reportedly told them, "F-k you, I'll f-k you up," and called one of the officers a "f*g," New York Post reports.
LaBeouf also allegedly said: "I have millions and millions of dollars and attorneys - I'm going to ruin your career!"
Many speculated this was not a one-night thing. He did not go berserk just because something was bothering him on the day or he drank too much that night. It can be remembered that February of this year, he arrived on the "Nymphomaniac" red carpet in Berlin with a paper bag on his head with the statement "I am not famous anymore," US Magazine reported.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown