Robert Downey Jr. Son Indio Arrested on Cocaine Possession, Actor Thanks Police for Intervention
By Riza Ornos | July 2, 2014 6:13 PM EST
Like father like son, Robert Downey Jr. son Indio was arrested in West Hollywood for cocaine possession and has been released on bail since his vehicle was stopped around 2 P.M. on Sunday. For a father who has been on that road before, the "Iron Man" actor is having a tough time but thanked the police department for their intervention.
"Downey was found to be in possession of what officers believed to be cocaine as well as a smoking pipe," according to West Hollywood Sheriff's Station Sgt. Dave Valentine in an interview with CNN adding that they arrested the 20-year-old at the intersection of La Cienega Boulevard and Santa Monica Boulevard. "Downey was arrested for possession of a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia, and posted bail around 9 p.m. that same evening."
Known for his well-publicized drug issues in the 90's, the older Downey released a statement for his son's arrest and posted $10,000 bail for Indio. "Unfortunately there's a genetic component to addiction and Indio has likely inherited it," the actor said in the statement to the Daily News on Monday, June 30.
"Also, there is a lot of family support and understanding, and we're all determined to rally behind him and help him become the man he's capable of being," he added. "We're grateful to the Sheriff's department for their intervention, and believe Indio can be another recovery success story instead of a cautionary tale."
Thanks to his father's widely known addiction, Indio's arrest is now a worldwide news that everybody is talking about. In his prepared speech, the Hollywood A-list actor lamented that his son is afflicted by his same curse but like any success story Downey made a comeback and made box office hits like "Avengers" and "Iron Man."
Addicted to drugs since he was eight, Ask Men reports that the actor got his first hit of weed when he was six-years-old when his father gave him his first taste of drugs, a decision he regretted in an interview with CNN. He was sentenced to prison for three years for breaking parole related to a prior conviction.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories