Zac Efron Wants Vanessa Hudgens Back as He Emerges from Battle with Substance Abuse
By Christine Jane Caparras | July 2, 2014 6:06 PM EST
Hollywood heartthrob Zac Efron shot to fame in his teens as lead actor in the Disney film franchise "High School Musical." Beside him in his journey was leading lady Vanessa Hudgens who was his love interest in the movies and his off-screen sweetheart as well. The two dated from 2006-2010 but have since parted ways and have gone on with their respective lives on different paths.
Actor Zac Efron arrives at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California on April 13, 2014.
Efron now 27 says that Hudgens is "The One" and he regrets his partying ways in his early 20's which cost him the relationship, reported popular tabloid OK! Magazine.
"He's still crazy about her and would love to make amends" said the tabloid's source.
Meanwhile, Gossip Cop disputed the claims stating that their own source, a friend of the actor, says that the reports are false.
Efron has been at the center of substance abuse allegations and reports of his stints in rehab have surfaced in recent months.
Efron was also spotted with an unknown companion on Skid Row earlier this year in the middle of a tussle with a homeless person. The incident which happened in a shady location sparked more rumours that Efron might have been in the area looking for drugs.
"I was drinking a lot, way too much. It's never one specific thing. I mean, you're in your 20s, single, going through life in Hollywood, you know? Everything is thrown at you. I wouldn't take anything back; I needed to learn everything I did. But it was an interesting journey, to say the least," said Efron in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter in which he admitted to joining Alcoholics Anonymous.
"No matter who you are, you face challenges growing up. You go with your things, you learn, you have to. It's impossible to lead an honest and fulfilling life as a man and not make mistakes and 'fess up to them when you need to. When you have success young, and you accept the good things, you have to accept all of it. You have to accept the moments of glory but also a great responsibility. And that responsibility, to some degree, involves being a role model. At the same time, I'm a human being, and I've made a lot of mistakes. I've learned from each one," added Efron.
Despite rumours stating that losing Vanessa Hudgens was Zac's big regret, Vanessa reportedly no longer speaks to Zac and has since moved on.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal