Zac Efron Wants Vanessa Hudgens Back as He Emerges from Battle with Substance Abuse
By Christine Jane Caparras | July 2, 2014 6:06 PM EST
Hollywood heartthrob Zac Efron shot to fame in his teens as lead actor in the Disney film franchise "High School Musical." Beside him in his journey was leading lady Vanessa Hudgens who was his love interest in the movies and his off-screen sweetheart as well. The two dated from 2006-2010 but have since parted ways and have gone on with their respective lives on different paths.
Actor Zac Efron arrives at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California on April 13, 2014.
Efron now 27 says that Hudgens is "The One" and he regrets his partying ways in his early 20's which cost him the relationship, reported popular tabloid OK! Magazine.
"He's still crazy about her and would love to make amends" said the tabloid's source.
Meanwhile, Gossip Cop disputed the claims stating that their own source, a friend of the actor, says that the reports are false.
Efron has been at the center of substance abuse allegations and reports of his stints in rehab have surfaced in recent months.
Efron was also spotted with an unknown companion on Skid Row earlier this year in the middle of a tussle with a homeless person. The incident which happened in a shady location sparked more rumours that Efron might have been in the area looking for drugs.
"I was drinking a lot, way too much. It's never one specific thing. I mean, you're in your 20s, single, going through life in Hollywood, you know? Everything is thrown at you. I wouldn't take anything back; I needed to learn everything I did. But it was an interesting journey, to say the least," said Efron in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter in which he admitted to joining Alcoholics Anonymous.
"No matter who you are, you face challenges growing up. You go with your things, you learn, you have to. It's impossible to lead an honest and fulfilling life as a man and not make mistakes and 'fess up to them when you need to. When you have success young, and you accept the good things, you have to accept all of it. You have to accept the moments of glory but also a great responsibility. And that responsibility, to some degree, involves being a role model. At the same time, I'm a human being, and I've made a lot of mistakes. I've learned from each one," added Efron.
Despite rumours stating that losing Vanessa Hudgens was Zac's big regret, Vanessa reportedly no longer speaks to Zac and has since moved on.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions