Zac Efron Wants Vanessa Hudgens Back as He Emerges from Battle with Substance Abuse
By Christine Jane Caparras | July 2, 2014 6:06 PM EST
Hollywood heartthrob Zac Efron shot to fame in his teens as lead actor in the Disney film franchise "High School Musical." Beside him in his journey was leading lady Vanessa Hudgens who was his love interest in the movies and his off-screen sweetheart as well. The two dated from 2006-2010 but have since parted ways and have gone on with their respective lives on different paths.
Actor Zac Efron arrives at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California on April 13, 2014.
Efron now 27 says that Hudgens is "The One" and he regrets his partying ways in his early 20's which cost him the relationship, reported popular tabloid OK! Magazine.
"He's still crazy about her and would love to make amends" said the tabloid's source.
Meanwhile, Gossip Cop disputed the claims stating that their own source, a friend of the actor, says that the reports are false.
Efron has been at the center of substance abuse allegations and reports of his stints in rehab have surfaced in recent months.
Efron was also spotted with an unknown companion on Skid Row earlier this year in the middle of a tussle with a homeless person. The incident which happened in a shady location sparked more rumours that Efron might have been in the area looking for drugs.
"I was drinking a lot, way too much. It's never one specific thing. I mean, you're in your 20s, single, going through life in Hollywood, you know? Everything is thrown at you. I wouldn't take anything back; I needed to learn everything I did. But it was an interesting journey, to say the least," said Efron in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter in which he admitted to joining Alcoholics Anonymous.
"No matter who you are, you face challenges growing up. You go with your things, you learn, you have to. It's impossible to lead an honest and fulfilling life as a man and not make mistakes and 'fess up to them when you need to. When you have success young, and you accept the good things, you have to accept all of it. You have to accept the moments of glory but also a great responsibility. And that responsibility, to some degree, involves being a role model. At the same time, I'm a human being, and I've made a lot of mistakes. I've learned from each one," added Efron.
Despite rumours stating that losing Vanessa Hudgens was Zac's big regret, Vanessa reportedly no longer speaks to Zac and has since moved on.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight