The Skeleton Twins Trailer Reunites Bill Hader and Kristen Wiig [Watch YouTube Clip]
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | July 2, 2014 6:04 PM EST
"Saturday Night Live" alums Bill Hader and Kristen Wiig are reunited with one another in a full length trailer for dark comedy "The Skeleton Twins."
The film's official trailer has already gone viral on YouTube with over 900 thousand views in just a matter of three days.
Just as both celebrities reunite in the film, the premise of the "The Skeleton Twins" is that two estranged twins reunited with each other after 10 years. Each of them experienced a brush of death on the same day and each one tried to figure out where their lives had gone wrong.
As the twins in the movie trailer, Bill Hader asked Kristen Wiig if she had read the book he was holding which her twin had not. It also showed a scenario wherein Luke Wilson and Kristen Wiig told Bill Hader that they were trying to get pregnant. Luke explained that he was saying "we are because it's not sex with someone." To which Luke replied that he can't wait to be the new uncle.
According to the trailer's running text, "This brother and sister will learn that life sometimes falls apart before it comes together." The trailer also showed a scenario where the twins argued with each other. The twin sister stated that as her brother they are supposed to help with each other. The twin brother replied that he was tired of acting as if the twin sister was the healthy one and he was the special needs kid.
As the twin brother tried to figure about his life, the twin sister stated that it was something for the famous actor and no one was a famous actor. To which, the twin brother replied that George Cloney is a famous actor.
The movie trailer also showed a scene wherein the twin brother stated to her twin sister who was holding a glass frame in her hands: "I told somebody that I was in town, don't freak out." Then the girl the twin brother was referring to came out and the twin sister reacted by letting the glass frame slip from her hands. The glass shattered to thousand pieces on the floor.
Towards the end of the trailer, the twin brother was seen dancing to the tune of "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now" just to appease her twin sister. The twin brother's act made the twin sister remember the things they used to do as younger kids when she dressed her twin brother like a girl. The twin sister also remembered an advise their dad gave to them when they were younger that they were to stick together no matter what.
"The Skeleton Twins" is directed by Craig Johnson. It is scheduled to hit the U.S. cinemas on Sept. 19, 2014.
Watch Bill Hader and Kristen Wiig in the official trailer of "The Skeleton Twins" from YouTube.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 24-26, 2014: The Forresters, Logans And Spencers Will Celebrate Thanksgiving Day At The Forrester Mansion
- 'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Promo Video And Synopsis For Episode 9 Titled ‘I Alone’ Tease Continuation Of Mission To Bring Bonnie Back [WATCH]
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced