The Skeleton Twins Trailer Reunites Bill Hader and Kristen Wiig [Watch YouTube Clip]
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | July 2, 2014 6:04 PM EST
"Saturday Night Live" alums Bill Hader and Kristen Wiig are reunited with one another in a full length trailer for dark comedy "The Skeleton Twins."
The film's official trailer has already gone viral on YouTube with over 900 thousand views in just a matter of three days.
Just as both celebrities reunite in the film, the premise of the "The Skeleton Twins" is that two estranged twins reunited with each other after 10 years. Each of them experienced a brush of death on the same day and each one tried to figure out where their lives had gone wrong.
As the twins in the movie trailer, Bill Hader asked Kristen Wiig if she had read the book he was holding which her twin had not. It also showed a scenario wherein Luke Wilson and Kristen Wiig told Bill Hader that they were trying to get pregnant. Luke explained that he was saying "we are because it's not sex with someone." To which Luke replied that he can't wait to be the new uncle.
According to the trailer's running text, "This brother and sister will learn that life sometimes falls apart before it comes together." The trailer also showed a scenario where the twins argued with each other. The twin sister stated that as her brother they are supposed to help with each other. The twin brother replied that he was tired of acting as if the twin sister was the healthy one and he was the special needs kid.
As the twin brother tried to figure about his life, the twin sister stated that it was something for the famous actor and no one was a famous actor. To which, the twin brother replied that George Cloney is a famous actor.
The movie trailer also showed a scene wherein the twin brother stated to her twin sister who was holding a glass frame in her hands: "I told somebody that I was in town, don't freak out." Then the girl the twin brother was referring to came out and the twin sister reacted by letting the glass frame slip from her hands. The glass shattered to thousand pieces on the floor.
Towards the end of the trailer, the twin brother was seen dancing to the tune of "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now" just to appease her twin sister. The twin brother's act made the twin sister remember the things they used to do as younger kids when she dressed her twin brother like a girl. The twin sister also remembered an advise their dad gave to them when they were younger that they were to stick together no matter what.
"The Skeleton Twins" is directed by Craig Johnson. It is scheduled to hit the U.S. cinemas on Sept. 19, 2014.
Watch Bill Hader and Kristen Wiig in the official trailer of "The Skeleton Twins" from YouTube.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report