Julia Roberts and Mom Drove Half-Sister, Nancy Motes to Commit Suicide - Reports
By Annie Dee | July 2, 2014 4:55 PM EST
Five months after Julia Robers' half sister Nancy Motes committed drug overdose, her suicide note has surfaced, unveiling why she was so depressed that she decided to take her own life.
REUTERS/ Mario Anzuoni
Actress Julia Roberts introduces a performance by Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr at the 56th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles, California January 26, 2014. REUTERS/ Mario Anzuoni
The note, first reported by Mail Online UK, was obviously written in anger towards Motes' mom and half-sister, Julia. Motes wrote that her "mother and so called siblings" were the ones who drove her towards depression, so deep that she cannot even imagine living anymore.
The note also revealed how bad the abuse Motes received from Roberts. Motes wrote that the abuse she received was simply horrible.
"I burst into tears b/c I woke up. My mother & so called 'siblings' get nothing except the memory that they are the ones that drove me into the deepest depression I've ever been in," Motes wrote in the note.
"If anything should happen to me, John Bailey Dilbeck gets whatever he wants of my possessions & ownership of Lucy."
Dilbeck was Motes' fiancé at the time of her death. This note can help Dilbeck's current legal battle against Roberts and her mom Betty with regards to the control of Motes' estate.
Nancy Motes was the former production assistant on the FOX Hit Show, "Glee." She drowned in her bathtub on February 9. Later, it was determined that she took a deadly mixture of nonprescription and prescription pills, which led to the drowning.
Motes labeled herself as a "junky" and claims in her letter to Dilbeck that he will be better off without her.
Motes wrote the note in three parts; one addressed to "Notting Hill" Star, Roberts and Betty, one to her fiancé, Dilbeck and one to "everyone." The notes were separately read because under California law, the Los Angeles County Coroner only has to provide parts suicide note to those respectively addressed.
"I know this will affect you the most and & I can't apologize enough. I was truly blessed & lucky to have you as my true love and best friend. I will carry you with me forever," she wrote.
Motes was buried secretly by Roberts and Betty, which Dilbeck said hurts more than words because he was not invited along with all those close to the former production assistant.
"It really hurts," Dilbeck shared to Radar Online, "I was very frustrated and hurt by it. I needed to voice being hurt, because Nancy's voice is being silenced."
Julia Roberts and her mother have yet to speak up on the issue concerning her sister's suicide.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles