Avengers: Age of Ultron: Watch Scarlet Witch in Action on Behind the Scenes Video
By Tanya Diente | July 2, 2014 4:31 PM EST
A 16-minute video of Scarlet Witch in action on the set of the movie "Avengers: Age of Ultron" has made the rounds on the Internet. The video reportedly hints at a larger action set piece in the "Avengers" sequel.
Actor Samuel L. Jackson arrives for the American Theatre Wing's 68th annual Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall in New York, June 8, 2014.
The video (below) begins with Elizabeth Olsen shooting some rather exciting scenes as Scarlet Witch. She is at the center of the movie sequence, sitting in the middle of a giant crater (see image from ComicBook). However, at the 5:00 minute mark, the video just showcased a cluster of set preparations, with footage of crew members moving around various pieces on set. Then, at around the 13:30 mark, the action picks back up with numerous Eastern European extras running away from something scary, which ComicBook presumes to be Ultron and his robotic militia (see image of an actor wearing a motion-capture suit in the link above).
Latino-Review said the video, especially with all the featured scenes of destruction, hints it could be a part of some larger action set piece in the movie.
The extended look behind the scenes of "Avengers: Age of Ultron" actually surfaced online back in March. But it has only been noticed and given much attention recently. According to Cinemablend, writer/director Joss Whedon and his cast crew were shooting on-location sequences in Italy when the video was filmed.
In a previous report from IBTimes, Scarlet Witch is said to showcase her powers in the raid scene, which will take place in the first 20 minutes of the movie.
The raid scene in "Avengers: Age of Ultron" sees Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver fighting alongside Von Strucker to defeat the Avengers. During the battle, Scarlet Witch uses her powers to trick The Hulk into thinking the corpse of the Leviathan (acquired by Von Strucker) is still alive. Hulk then goes into a smashing frenzy.
Marvel's "Avengers: Age of Ultron" is set for release on May 1, 2015. Stars who will reprise their roles are Robert Downey Jr (Iron Man), Chris Evans (Capt. America), Mark Ruffalo (The Hulk), Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Scarlett Johansson (Black Widow), Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye), Samuel L. Jackson ( Nick Fury) and Cobie Smulders. Joining Elizabeth Olsen as newcomers are Aaron Taylor-Johnson (Quicksilver), Paul Bettany (Vision) and James Spader (Ultron).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6