Avengers: Age of Ultron: Watch Scarlet Witch in Action on Behind the Scenes Video
By Tanya Diente | July 2, 2014 4:31 PM EST
A 16-minute video of Scarlet Witch in action on the set of the movie "Avengers: Age of Ultron" has made the rounds on the Internet. The video reportedly hints at a larger action set piece in the "Avengers" sequel.
Actor Samuel L. Jackson arrives for the American Theatre Wing's 68th annual Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall in New York, June 8, 2014.
The video (below) begins with Elizabeth Olsen shooting some rather exciting scenes as Scarlet Witch. She is at the center of the movie sequence, sitting in the middle of a giant crater (see image from ComicBook). However, at the 5:00 minute mark, the video just showcased a cluster of set preparations, with footage of crew members moving around various pieces on set. Then, at around the 13:30 mark, the action picks back up with numerous Eastern European extras running away from something scary, which ComicBook presumes to be Ultron and his robotic militia (see image of an actor wearing a motion-capture suit in the link above).
Latino-Review said the video, especially with all the featured scenes of destruction, hints it could be a part of some larger action set piece in the movie.
The extended look behind the scenes of "Avengers: Age of Ultron" actually surfaced online back in March. But it has only been noticed and given much attention recently. According to Cinemablend, writer/director Joss Whedon and his cast crew were shooting on-location sequences in Italy when the video was filmed.
In a previous report from IBTimes, Scarlet Witch is said to showcase her powers in the raid scene, which will take place in the first 20 minutes of the movie.
The raid scene in "Avengers: Age of Ultron" sees Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver fighting alongside Von Strucker to defeat the Avengers. During the battle, Scarlet Witch uses her powers to trick The Hulk into thinking the corpse of the Leviathan (acquired by Von Strucker) is still alive. Hulk then goes into a smashing frenzy.
Marvel's "Avengers: Age of Ultron" is set for release on May 1, 2015. Stars who will reprise their roles are Robert Downey Jr (Iron Man), Chris Evans (Capt. America), Mark Ruffalo (The Hulk), Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Scarlett Johansson (Black Widow), Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye), Samuel L. Jackson ( Nick Fury) and Cobie Smulders. Joining Elizabeth Olsen as newcomers are Aaron Taylor-Johnson (Quicksilver), Paul Bettany (Vision) and James Spader (Ultron).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown