Avengers: Age of Ultron: Watch Scarlet Witch in Action on Behind the Scenes Video
By Tanya Diente | July 2, 2014 4:31 PM EST
A 16-minute video of Scarlet Witch in action on the set of the movie "Avengers: Age of Ultron" has made the rounds on the Internet. The video reportedly hints at a larger action set piece in the "Avengers" sequel.
Actor Samuel L. Jackson arrives for the American Theatre Wing's 68th annual Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall in New York, June 8, 2014.
The video (below) begins with Elizabeth Olsen shooting some rather exciting scenes as Scarlet Witch. She is at the center of the movie sequence, sitting in the middle of a giant crater (see image from ComicBook). However, at the 5:00 minute mark, the video just showcased a cluster of set preparations, with footage of crew members moving around various pieces on set. Then, at around the 13:30 mark, the action picks back up with numerous Eastern European extras running away from something scary, which ComicBook presumes to be Ultron and his robotic militia (see image of an actor wearing a motion-capture suit in the link above).
Latino-Review said the video, especially with all the featured scenes of destruction, hints it could be a part of some larger action set piece in the movie.
The extended look behind the scenes of "Avengers: Age of Ultron" actually surfaced online back in March. But it has only been noticed and given much attention recently. According to Cinemablend, writer/director Joss Whedon and his cast crew were shooting on-location sequences in Italy when the video was filmed.
In a previous report from IBTimes, Scarlet Witch is said to showcase her powers in the raid scene, which will take place in the first 20 minutes of the movie.
The raid scene in "Avengers: Age of Ultron" sees Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver fighting alongside Von Strucker to defeat the Avengers. During the battle, Scarlet Witch uses her powers to trick The Hulk into thinking the corpse of the Leviathan (acquired by Von Strucker) is still alive. Hulk then goes into a smashing frenzy.
Marvel's "Avengers: Age of Ultron" is set for release on May 1, 2015. Stars who will reprise their roles are Robert Downey Jr (Iron Man), Chris Evans (Capt. America), Mark Ruffalo (The Hulk), Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Scarlett Johansson (Black Widow), Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye), Samuel L. Jackson ( Nick Fury) and Cobie Smulders. Joining Elizabeth Olsen as newcomers are Aaron Taylor-Johnson (Quicksilver), Paul Bettany (Vision) and James Spader (Ultron).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers, Speculations: Stana Katic in More ‘Beast’ Action, Nathan Fillion Mulls Caskett Wedding Schedule
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- These 2 Questions Reveal if You Unwittingly Abuse Alcohol
- Jennifer Lopez and Her Wild 45th Birthday Party: How JLo’s Life-Size Birthday Cake from SamiCakes Boutique Was Made
- Blake Griffin’s Back Injury Is the Reason for His Withdrawal from Team U.S.A.
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Anderson Silva To Test the Octagon Anew After Freak Leg Injury, To Fight Nick Diaz in 2015