Avengers: Age of Ultron: Watch Scarlet Witch in Action on Behind the Scenes Video
By Tanya Diente | July 2, 2014 4:31 PM EST
A 16-minute video of Scarlet Witch in action on the set of the movie "Avengers: Age of Ultron" has made the rounds on the Internet. The video reportedly hints at a larger action set piece in the "Avengers" sequel.
Actor Samuel L. Jackson arrives for the American Theatre Wing's 68th annual Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall in New York, June 8, 2014.
The video (below) begins with Elizabeth Olsen shooting some rather exciting scenes as Scarlet Witch. She is at the center of the movie sequence, sitting in the middle of a giant crater (see image from ComicBook). However, at the 5:00 minute mark, the video just showcased a cluster of set preparations, with footage of crew members moving around various pieces on set. Then, at around the 13:30 mark, the action picks back up with numerous Eastern European extras running away from something scary, which ComicBook presumes to be Ultron and his robotic militia (see image of an actor wearing a motion-capture suit in the link above).
Latino-Review said the video, especially with all the featured scenes of destruction, hints it could be a part of some larger action set piece in the movie.
The extended look behind the scenes of "Avengers: Age of Ultron" actually surfaced online back in March. But it has only been noticed and given much attention recently. According to Cinemablend, writer/director Joss Whedon and his cast crew were shooting on-location sequences in Italy when the video was filmed.
In a previous report from IBTimes, Scarlet Witch is said to showcase her powers in the raid scene, which will take place in the first 20 minutes of the movie.
The raid scene in "Avengers: Age of Ultron" sees Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver fighting alongside Von Strucker to defeat the Avengers. During the battle, Scarlet Witch uses her powers to trick The Hulk into thinking the corpse of the Leviathan (acquired by Von Strucker) is still alive. Hulk then goes into a smashing frenzy.
Marvel's "Avengers: Age of Ultron" is set for release on May 1, 2015. Stars who will reprise their roles are Robert Downey Jr (Iron Man), Chris Evans (Capt. America), Mark Ruffalo (The Hulk), Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Scarlett Johansson (Black Widow), Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye), Samuel L. Jackson ( Nick Fury) and Cobie Smulders. Joining Elizabeth Olsen as newcomers are Aaron Taylor-Johnson (Quicksilver), Paul Bettany (Vision) and James Spader (Ultron).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier