Nokia Lumia 635: T-Mobile, MetroPCS to Offer Windows Phone Handset below $170 Price
By Jenalyn Villamarin | July 2, 2014 3:30 PM EST
The Nokia Lumia 635 smartphone is headed to T-Mobile and MetroPCS where the Windows Phone handset will be offered with an off-contract price below $170. Both T-Mobile and sub-brand MetroPCS will be carrying the 4G LTE-ready device this July but the launch dates are spread over throughout the month.
According to the CNET report, the T-Mobile customers can get their hands on the Nokia Lumia 635 with $0 down and $7 per month for 24 months or an all in price of $168. As for the customers who head to MetroPCS, they can acquire the Windows Phone handset with the promotional price deal of only $99.
However, there is no confirmation yet on how long the Nokia Lumia 635 offer at T-Mobile and MetroPCS will last or how much the smartphone will cost afterwards. With MetroPCS, it is estimated that the price will be approximately close to T-Mobile's pricing scheme.
The Daily Tech report claims the consumers can purchase the Nokia Lumia 635 online at T-Mobile starting on Wednesday, July 9. Then, the in-store purchasing is scheduled to begin on July 16, 2014.
Meanwhile, selected MetroPCS shops will start offering the Nokia Lumia 635 on Friday, July 18. The Windows Phone handset can also be bought online on the same date.
The Nokia Lumia 635 has a 4.5-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen ClearBlack display with 854 x 480 pixel resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, a 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor, 512 MB of RAM, Adreno 305 GPU and Microsoft Windows Phone 8.1 operating system.
Additional features and specs found on the Windows Phone handset, which was officially announced at the April 2014 Microsoft's BUILD conference, include the 1830 mAh Li-Ion battery, 8 GB of internal storage capacity that can be expanded up to 128 GB through the microSD card slot and a 5 MP primary camera. Unfortunately, there is no secondary camera on the Nokia Lumia 635.
The interested consumers can choose from the available vibrant colours that the Nokia Lumia 635 has. The colour choices for the device are bright orange, bright green, bright yellow, white and black.
More Articles to Read:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Prince George Birthday: Adorable New Pictures of George Touching a Butterfly on William's Hand Released [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- Samsung Galaxy S5: Logitech Unveils Protection+ Case Accessory for Android Smartphone
- PS4 News: Developments for Uncharted 4, The Last of Us Remastered and a Possible New PS4/PS Vita Game
- Sony Xperia Z Android 4.4.2 KitKat Problems and Solutions: Battery Drain, Slow Performance, Overheating, Sound Bug and SD Card
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time