Apple iOS 7.1.2 Update and OS X Mavericks 10.9.4 Update Available for Download
By Pavithra Rathinavel | July 2, 2014 1:42 PM EST
On Monday, Apple has released the iOS 7.1.2 update for the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. It is worth noting that, Apple iOS 7.1.1 was released only two months back and the new iOS 7.1.2 update comes with only minor changes. The Apple iOS 7.1.1 update came with improvements to Touch ID and keyboard responsiveness, while the new iOS 7.1.2 update consists of several bug fixes and security updates. Moreover, Apple has also released an update for OS X Mavericks 10.9.4.
Apple's new iPhone 5S is displayed at an Apple shop in Tokyo's Ginza shopping district in this September 20, 2013 file photo.
Apple iOS 7.1.2 Update includes:
- iBeacon connectivity and stability improvement
- A bug fix pertaining to data transfer for 3rd party accessories, and barcode scanners
- A fix to an issue with data protection class of Mail attachments
The iOS 7.1.2 update is 28 to 30 MB in size, depending on the device type. Interested readers can download the iOS 7.1.2 update immediately as an over-the-air (OTA) download with the help of the software update tool in the Settings app on any iOS devices. Settings -> General -> Software Update. Also, the same can be installed via iTunes.
In addition to iOS update, Apple has also released an OS X update; the new version is v10.9.4. The OS X Mavericks 10.9.4 update is recommended for all Mavericks users. According to Apple, this update improves the overall stability, compatibility and security of Macs. The OS X update comes with many noticeable changes unlike the latest iOS update from Apple.
Apple OS X Mavericks 10.9.4 Update includes:
- Fix for an issue that prevented some Macs from automatically connecting to known Wi-Fi networks
- Fix for an issue causing the background or Apple logo to appear incorrectly during startup
- Reliability of waking from sleep option is improved
- Includes Safari 7.0.5
The OS X 10.9.4 update is approximately 90 MB in size. This update can be downloaded from Mac App Store. In addition to the iOS and OS X updates, Apple has also released a new software (6.2) update for the Apple TV, says MacRumors. Nevertheless, Apple did not get into the details of the changes that are included in v6.2 update.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery