iPhone 6 Release Date: Fresh Leak Showcases Volume Rocker, and Power Button Modules
By Pavithra Rathinavel | July 2, 2014 1:19 PM EST
Apple iPhone 6 release date is slated for September 19, 2014 and the leaks pertaining to this handset are quite rife, especially in the past several months. Two sets of recently leaked images showcased how the iPhone 6 will look on the release date. Interested readers can check out the pictures from Nikkei and 9To5Mac.
Apple CEO Tim Cook departs the stage following his keynote address at the Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco, California.
New BlackBerry Passport: Tablet With a QWERTY Keyboard – Killer Specifications, Release Date, Image/Video
iPhone 6 Release Date, Specs, Price: New Video Shows Final Production Build of Back Panel - (Logo Out, Wireless Charging In)
The images from 9To5Mac show the much-touted curved display around the corners of the iPhone 6. And the other noticeable observation is slimmer bezels around the sides. In addition, the images from Nikkei showcase finished back panel (rear cover) from the production line. Earlier rumors suggested that the company logo will be removed from the back, pointing to a likelihood of wireless charging and an IR blaster. This recent leak gives evidence to that rumor. Therefore the ubiquitous Apple logo may not be part of the back panel of the upcoming iPhone 6.
What is New?
Other than the aforementioned iPhone 6 dummy leaks, there is a new leak that shows the actual volume rocker and power button modules of the upcoming iPhone 6. According to Slash Gear, the images were listed in Imgur, which was later picked up by Taiwan's Apple Club that points to the internal modules of the iPhone. Going by the leaked images, there are two cables; one pertains to the volume rocker, and the other to the power button.
With careful observation, one could locate the Apple logo on one of the cables in the leaked images. Thus, confirming the internal components relevant to Apple device. Also, it is worth noting that, iPhones have had just one cable connecting both the volume rocker and the power button thus far, says Slash Gear. But this image shows two cables connecting different components. This again confirms the earlier reports and leaks that Apple has relocated the power button to the side of the device.
According to the same source, the leaked images are only several hours old; hence this could be the internal components of the upcoming iPhone 6 that are being assembled in China. Also it is worth noting that, Apple iPhone 6 manufacturing is expected to ramp up in July targeting the September release.
Interested readers can check out the internal modules from Slash Gear.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced