Samsung Galaxy S5 Google Play Edition Spotted Again, Galaxy Note 3 Gets Android 4.4.2 Kitkat Update
By Gel Galang | July 2, 2014 12:44 PM EST
A man uses his mobile phone in front of a giant advertisement promoting Samsung Electronics' new Galaxy S5 smartphone, at an art hall in central Seoul, in this file picture taken April 15, 2014.
But it seems a new sighting has confirmed the deal that the device is coming. GSM Arena reports the Galaxy S5 Google Play Edition is a follow-up to its Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition predecessor, a sign that there still exists a demand for the GPE line.
The image comes from @evleaks, the prominent source of all tips and leaks of various devices. Looking at the image, there does not seem to be much difference from the Samsung Galaxy S5, but expect differences in the software.
— @evleaks (@evleaks) July 1, 2014
This Samsung Galaxy S5 Google Play Edition variant is best for those who want their software updates faster than the regular rollout with Samsung, as the source states that updating GPE devices are tempered by Google.
Samsung has not yet given any official confirmations about the Samsung Galaxy S5 Google Play Edition, so take the recent leaks with a grain of salt.
Android 4.4.2 Kitkat Update Coming to Galaxy Note 3
Following the recently released Android 4.4.2 Kitkat for the Galaxy Note 2, the Galaxy Meg and the Galaxy S4 Mini, another one of Samsung's devices will be getting an update.
Android Geeks reports that this time, the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 will be getting the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update. While this is not the anticipated Android L update, it does bring in a few new things within its 185-MB package.
Note that the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 will not be rolled out all at once, so users may have to wait their turn to get a go at the update. It will either come as an automatic system update notification, via Samsung Kies (users need to connect their smartphone to a PC to update) or via a munual check in the Settings section.
The Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update contains a couple of improvements and additions, as listed below:
— New location menu
— Full screen album art in the lockscreen
— Camera shortcut in the lockscreen
— Improved battery life
— Download Booster, which improves download speeds thanks to the Wi-Fi and LTE power combined
— Kids Mode
— Color emoji support
— Caller ID for Phone App
— Immersive mode
— White status bar icons
— Transparent status
— Knox 2.0
— Improved animations.
(Credit: YouTube/Samsung Mobile)
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- 'GTA V' For PC, PS4, Xbox One: More DLC Updates And Release Confirmed This Fall
- Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire May Not Be The Only Pokemon Game With This ‘Shocking’ Project
- 'Minecraft' 1.8 Update Gets 'Minecraft' 14w34b Snapshot, 'Minecraft PS Vita' Trailer And A Possible Oculus Rift Port
- PS4 News: An Update On Project Morpheus And 2 More Games Coming To It
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. Asus Zenfone 4 Price And Specifications Comparison [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features