Samsung Galaxy S5 Google Play Edition Spotted Again, Galaxy Note 3 Gets Android 4.4.2 Kitkat Update
By Gel Galang | July 2, 2014 12:44 PM EST
A man uses his mobile phone in front of a giant advertisement promoting Samsung Electronics' new Galaxy S5 smartphone, at an art hall in central Seoul, in this file picture taken April 15, 2014.
But it seems a new sighting has confirmed the deal that the device is coming. GSM Arena reports the Galaxy S5 Google Play Edition is a follow-up to its Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition predecessor, a sign that there still exists a demand for the GPE line.
The image comes from @evleaks, the prominent source of all tips and leaks of various devices. Looking at the image, there does not seem to be much difference from the Samsung Galaxy S5, but expect differences in the software.
— @evleaks (@evleaks) July 1, 2014
This Samsung Galaxy S5 Google Play Edition variant is best for those who want their software updates faster than the regular rollout with Samsung, as the source states that updating GPE devices are tempered by Google.
Samsung has not yet given any official confirmations about the Samsung Galaxy S5 Google Play Edition, so take the recent leaks with a grain of salt.
Android 4.4.2 Kitkat Update Coming to Galaxy Note 3
Following the recently released Android 4.4.2 Kitkat for the Galaxy Note 2, the Galaxy Meg and the Galaxy S4 Mini, another one of Samsung's devices will be getting an update.
Android Geeks reports that this time, the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 will be getting the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update. While this is not the anticipated Android L update, it does bring in a few new things within its 185-MB package.
Note that the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 will not be rolled out all at once, so users may have to wait their turn to get a go at the update. It will either come as an automatic system update notification, via Samsung Kies (users need to connect their smartphone to a PC to update) or via a munual check in the Settings section.
The Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update contains a couple of improvements and additions, as listed below:
— New location menu
— Full screen album art in the lockscreen
— Camera shortcut in the lockscreen
— Improved battery life
— Download Booster, which improves download speeds thanks to the Wi-Fi and LTE power combined
— Kids Mode
— Color emoji support
— Caller ID for Phone App
— Immersive mode
— White status bar icons
— Transparent status
— Knox 2.0
— Improved animations.
(Credit: YouTube/Samsung Mobile)
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- AT&T Nexus 6 Returned To Motorola Due To Software Bug: Black Screen And Failure To Connect To Service
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation