Ellen DeGeneres’ Controlling Ways Pushed Portia De Rossi to Rehab, Couple Now Repairing Relationship - Reports
By Annie Dee | July 2, 2014 12:25 PM EST
Divorce rumours will not stop hounding Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi for the past months. Citing several reasons as to why they're headed for a big split up: baby issues, cheating issues and even work issues. However, an explosive new report by InTouch shed more light to the matter than any news written about the pending split. The new report claims that while the marriage is indeed on the rocks, the two are already currently working to repair the relationship.
Producers of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" pose backstage with the award for outstanding talk show/entertainment during the 41st Annual Daytime Emmy Awards in Beverly Hills, California June 22, 2014.
Previous issues cited as the reason for a pending split are relevant but quite off the mark as well. InTouch claims that it is Ellen's controlling ways and Portia de Rossi's drinking problems that are affecting the marriage, bringing it to the brink of divorce.
According to In Touch, the two have been in the middle of a marriage crisis for quite some time now. However, the whole thing only blew up at their Holmby Hills Mansion because Ellen called on Portia's excessive drinking, leading Portia to say hurtful things against Ellen and calling her controlling.
"They got into an ugly fight," a source close to the couple shared to In Touch, adding, "Portia hadn't been happy for a while and was drinking and isolating [herself], and Ellen confronted her. Portia lost it and blamed Ellen for driving her to drink because of her controlling ways and said she wasn't in love with her anymore. Ellen was crushed and screamed at Portia to get out."
"Ellen is domineering and Portia is passive. Ellen always calls the shots, and Portia never complains," the source detailed. "Portia often felt like she'd been cut off from her friends because Ellen wanted her all to herself. Portia felt like she let Ellen turn her into the ultimate Stepford Wife," the source shared more to InTouch.
"Her bottom wasn't like the dramatic ones you see on a Lifetime movie. It all progressed slowly, and she finally realized she was powerless and not in control anymore," the insider claims.
"Portia felt like a prisoner in her own home. She went from sipping white wine occasionally to drinking at least a bottle or more a day and topping it off with a pill. It got to the point where she was out of it four nights a week. They've had vicious shouting matches - with both of them yelling cruel, soul-crushing put-downs that they both deeply regretted."
Instead of leaving Ellen however, or getting a divorce, Portia de Rossi recognized the problem and checked herself into a rehab institution, Passages in Malibu in early May for a 30-day treatment. The couple realized they still love each other during this stint.
"Portia entered Passages Malibu rehab facility in early May for a 30-day treatment for drugs and alcohol," one more source told the magazine. "Ellen visited her every weekend to support her while she was there."
"They are on their way to repairing their marriage. It won't be easy. Portia will always be battling these demons. But they love each other," the source concluded to In Touch.
In fact, Radar Online reported that the two were spotted boarding their luxury yacht off the coast of the Croatian island of Hvar on Sunday afternoon, looking calm and happy.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report