Ellen DeGeneres’ Controlling Ways Pushed Portia De Rossi to Rehab, Couple Now Repairing Relationship - Reports
By Annie Dee | July 2, 2014 12:25 PM EST
Divorce rumours will not stop hounding Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi for the past months. Citing several reasons as to why they're headed for a big split up: baby issues, cheating issues and even work issues. However, an explosive new report by InTouch shed more light to the matter than any news written about the pending split. The new report claims that while the marriage is indeed on the rocks, the two are already currently working to repair the relationship.
Producers of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" pose backstage with the award for outstanding talk show/entertainment during the 41st Annual Daytime Emmy Awards in Beverly Hills, California June 22, 2014.
Previous issues cited as the reason for a pending split are relevant but quite off the mark as well. InTouch claims that it is Ellen's controlling ways and Portia de Rossi's drinking problems that are affecting the marriage, bringing it to the brink of divorce.
According to In Touch, the two have been in the middle of a marriage crisis for quite some time now. However, the whole thing only blew up at their Holmby Hills Mansion because Ellen called on Portia's excessive drinking, leading Portia to say hurtful things against Ellen and calling her controlling.
"They got into an ugly fight," a source close to the couple shared to In Touch, adding, "Portia hadn't been happy for a while and was drinking and isolating [herself], and Ellen confronted her. Portia lost it and blamed Ellen for driving her to drink because of her controlling ways and said she wasn't in love with her anymore. Ellen was crushed and screamed at Portia to get out."
"Ellen is domineering and Portia is passive. Ellen always calls the shots, and Portia never complains," the source detailed. "Portia often felt like she'd been cut off from her friends because Ellen wanted her all to herself. Portia felt like she let Ellen turn her into the ultimate Stepford Wife," the source shared more to InTouch.
"Her bottom wasn't like the dramatic ones you see on a Lifetime movie. It all progressed slowly, and she finally realized she was powerless and not in control anymore," the insider claims.
"Portia felt like a prisoner in her own home. She went from sipping white wine occasionally to drinking at least a bottle or more a day and topping it off with a pill. It got to the point where she was out of it four nights a week. They've had vicious shouting matches - with both of them yelling cruel, soul-crushing put-downs that they both deeply regretted."
Instead of leaving Ellen however, or getting a divorce, Portia de Rossi recognized the problem and checked herself into a rehab institution, Passages in Malibu in early May for a 30-day treatment. The couple realized they still love each other during this stint.
"Portia entered Passages Malibu rehab facility in early May for a 30-day treatment for drugs and alcohol," one more source told the magazine. "Ellen visited her every weekend to support her while she was there."
"They are on their way to repairing their marriage. It won't be easy. Portia will always be battling these demons. But they love each other," the source concluded to In Touch.
In fact, Radar Online reported that the two were spotted boarding their luxury yacht off the coast of the Croatian island of Hvar on Sunday afternoon, looking calm and happy.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Transfer News: Manchester United's Possible Transfer Options For This Season
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Make Their Big Brother Proud
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- James Foley: ISIS Demanded Multimillion Ransom, US Refused To Pay---Reports