Star Wars 7 News: Han Solo Actor Harrison Ford Steps Out With A Peg Leg
By Tanya Diente | July 2, 2014 12:20 PM EST
Harrison Ford walked the streets of London with a peg leg after he broke his foot on the set of "Star Wars: Episode VII" two weeks ago.
Actor Harrison Ford poses for photographers at a question and answer event about his new film "Enders Game" at a cinema at Leicester Square in central London in this file photo taken October 7, 2013. Ford has undergone surgery on his broken left leg that was injured in an accident on the set of "Star Wars: VII," the publicist for the 71-year-old actor said in a statement on Thursday.
According to Daily Mail, the injured Han Solo actor was seen hobbling through London using a heavy-duty leg brace while his foot is in a cast. Ford was seen going down a flight of stairs outside London's exclusive 34 restaurant in Mayfair with his prosthetic peg leg as support. The actor refused any assistance from friends (see photo from Daily Mail).
Inquisitr reported the 71-year old actor is doing okay. However, he still needs assistance when it comes to balance since he still can't put any weight on his foot at all.
Reprising his role as Han Solo in "Star Wars: Episode VII," Harrison Ford's leg was crushed by The Millennium Falcon. His character's spaceship fell on his leg and broke his foot. Daily Mail reported he was immediately airlifted from Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire to the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford.
Since Ford is out of commission for six months, he can't do very much unless he can start to properly walk.
In a previous report by Inquisitr, the site reported Harrison Ford had wanted for Han Solo to die in "Star Wars: Episode VI." Now with his injury, many "Star Wars" fans wonder if the producers and writers are contemplating the plot twist to Episode VII so that his character would eventually die.
"I thought Han Solo should die. I thought he ought to sacrifice himself for [Luke and Leia]. He's got no mama. He's got no papa. He's got no future. He has no story responsibilities at this point. So let's allow him to commit self-sacrifice," he said in the 2004 documentary "Empire of Dreams. "
However, J.J. Abrams and crew haven't released any official statement on the future of Ford's character in the movie following his accident.
This is not the first time Harrison Ford was injured while on the set of his movie. The actor who prefers doing his own stunts, also pulled muscles and damaged a disc on his back while performing stunts for "Indiana Jones."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS