Star Wars 7 News: Han Solo Actor Harrison Ford Steps Out With A Peg Leg
By Tanya Diente | July 2, 2014 12:20 PM EST
Harrison Ford walked the streets of London with a peg leg after he broke his foot on the set of "Star Wars: Episode VII" two weeks ago.
Actor Harrison Ford poses for photographers at a question and answer event about his new film "Enders Game" at a cinema at Leicester Square in central London in this file photo taken October 7, 2013. Ford has undergone surgery on his broken left leg that was injured in an accident on the set of "Star Wars: VII," the publicist for the 71-year-old actor said in a statement on Thursday.
According to Daily Mail, the injured Han Solo actor was seen hobbling through London using a heavy-duty leg brace while his foot is in a cast. Ford was seen going down a flight of stairs outside London's exclusive 34 restaurant in Mayfair with his prosthetic peg leg as support. The actor refused any assistance from friends (see photo from Daily Mail).
Inquisitr reported the 71-year old actor is doing okay. However, he still needs assistance when it comes to balance since he still can't put any weight on his foot at all.
Reprising his role as Han Solo in "Star Wars: Episode VII," Harrison Ford's leg was crushed by The Millennium Falcon. His character's spaceship fell on his leg and broke his foot. Daily Mail reported he was immediately airlifted from Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire to the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford.
Since Ford is out of commission for six months, he can't do very much unless he can start to properly walk.
In a previous report by Inquisitr, the site reported Harrison Ford had wanted for Han Solo to die in "Star Wars: Episode VI." Now with his injury, many "Star Wars" fans wonder if the producers and writers are contemplating the plot twist to Episode VII so that his character would eventually die.
"I thought Han Solo should die. I thought he ought to sacrifice himself for [Luke and Leia]. He's got no mama. He's got no papa. He's got no future. He has no story responsibilities at this point. So let's allow him to commit self-sacrifice," he said in the 2004 documentary "Empire of Dreams. "
However, J.J. Abrams and crew haven't released any official statement on the future of Ford's character in the movie following his accident.
This is not the first time Harrison Ford was injured while on the set of his movie. The actor who prefers doing his own stunts, also pulled muscles and damaged a disc on his back while performing stunts for "Indiana Jones."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar