Star Wars 7 News: Han Solo Actor Harrison Ford Steps Out With A Peg Leg
By Tanya Diente | July 2, 2014 12:20 PM EST
Harrison Ford walked the streets of London with a peg leg after he broke his foot on the set of "Star Wars: Episode VII" two weeks ago.
Actor Harrison Ford poses for photographers at a question and answer event about his new film "Enders Game" at a cinema at Leicester Square in central London in this file photo taken October 7, 2013. Ford has undergone surgery on his broken left leg that was injured in an accident on the set of "Star Wars: VII," the publicist for the 71-year-old actor said in a statement on Thursday.
According to Daily Mail, the injured Han Solo actor was seen hobbling through London using a heavy-duty leg brace while his foot is in a cast. Ford was seen going down a flight of stairs outside London's exclusive 34 restaurant in Mayfair with his prosthetic peg leg as support. The actor refused any assistance from friends (see photo from Daily Mail).
Inquisitr reported the 71-year old actor is doing okay. However, he still needs assistance when it comes to balance since he still can't put any weight on his foot at all.
Reprising his role as Han Solo in "Star Wars: Episode VII," Harrison Ford's leg was crushed by The Millennium Falcon. His character's spaceship fell on his leg and broke his foot. Daily Mail reported he was immediately airlifted from Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire to the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford.
Since Ford is out of commission for six months, he can't do very much unless he can start to properly walk.
In a previous report by Inquisitr, the site reported Harrison Ford had wanted for Han Solo to die in "Star Wars: Episode VI." Now with his injury, many "Star Wars" fans wonder if the producers and writers are contemplating the plot twist to Episode VII so that his character would eventually die.
"I thought Han Solo should die. I thought he ought to sacrifice himself for [Luke and Leia]. He's got no mama. He's got no papa. He's got no future. He has no story responsibilities at this point. So let's allow him to commit self-sacrifice," he said in the 2004 documentary "Empire of Dreams. "
However, J.J. Abrams and crew haven't released any official statement on the future of Ford's character in the movie following his accident.
This is not the first time Harrison Ford was injured while on the set of his movie. The actor who prefers doing his own stunts, also pulled muscles and damaged a disc on his back while performing stunts for "Indiana Jones."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier