Star Wars 7 News: Han Solo Actor Harrison Ford Steps Out With A Peg Leg
By Tanya Diente | July 2, 2014 12:20 PM EST
Harrison Ford walked the streets of London with a peg leg after he broke his foot on the set of "Star Wars: Episode VII" two weeks ago.
Actor Harrison Ford poses for photographers at a question and answer event about his new film "Enders Game" at a cinema at Leicester Square in central London in this file photo taken October 7, 2013. Ford has undergone surgery on his broken left leg that was injured in an accident on the set of "Star Wars: VII," the publicist for the 71-year-old actor said in a statement on Thursday.
According to Daily Mail, the injured Han Solo actor was seen hobbling through London using a heavy-duty leg brace while his foot is in a cast. Ford was seen going down a flight of stairs outside London's exclusive 34 restaurant in Mayfair with his prosthetic peg leg as support. The actor refused any assistance from friends (see photo from Daily Mail).
Inquisitr reported the 71-year old actor is doing okay. However, he still needs assistance when it comes to balance since he still can't put any weight on his foot at all.
Reprising his role as Han Solo in "Star Wars: Episode VII," Harrison Ford's leg was crushed by The Millennium Falcon. His character's spaceship fell on his leg and broke his foot. Daily Mail reported he was immediately airlifted from Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire to the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford.
Since Ford is out of commission for six months, he can't do very much unless he can start to properly walk.
In a previous report by Inquisitr, the site reported Harrison Ford had wanted for Han Solo to die in "Star Wars: Episode VI." Now with his injury, many "Star Wars" fans wonder if the producers and writers are contemplating the plot twist to Episode VII so that his character would eventually die.
"I thought Han Solo should die. I thought he ought to sacrifice himself for [Luke and Leia]. He's got no mama. He's got no papa. He's got no future. He has no story responsibilities at this point. So let's allow him to commit self-sacrifice," he said in the 2004 documentary "Empire of Dreams. "
However, J.J. Abrams and crew haven't released any official statement on the future of Ford's character in the movie following his accident.
This is not the first time Harrison Ford was injured while on the set of his movie. The actor who prefers doing his own stunts, also pulled muscles and damaged a disc on his back while performing stunts for "Indiana Jones."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around