Avengers 2 Star Mark Ruffalo Thinks Zoe Saldana or Emma Stone Should Join the Marvel Cinematic Universe as She-Hulk
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | July 2, 2014 12:18 PM EST
Fueling the rumours of a solo "Hulk" film, "Avengers: Age of Ultron" star Mark Ruffalo recently made a suggestion as to who he thinks should join the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) as Bruce Banner's cousin, Jennifer Walters a.k.a. the Savage She-Hulk, naming Zoe Saldana or Emma Stone.
Cast member Mark Ruffalo poses during a photocall for the film "Foxcatcher" in competition at the 67th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 19, 2014.
Joining the Reddit AMA session, the 46-year-old star, playing Bruce Banner a.k.a. Hulk of "Avengers: Age of Ultron" a.k.a. "Avengers 2," answered a question of who is his top pick as She-Hulk, a character Marvel created after the human Jennifer Walters had a blood transfusion from Banner.
"Oh wow, that's pretty crazy. Well I think Zoe Saldana would be a great She Hulk. It'd be nice to see someone like her join the Avengers. Or someone quiet and demure like Emma Stone would be nice. But it would be up to the powers that be," Mark Ruffalo wrote.
Zoe Saldana is already part of MCU wherein she plays as the alien warrior Gamora in "Guardians of the Galaxy" (GotG) a live-action film set for an Aug 1, 2014 release. Meanwhile, after the death of Emma Stone's character, Gwen Stacy, in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" reports suggest that Stone is more available to land the role of She-Hulk.
Mark Ruffalo, playing as Bruce Banner a.k.a. Hulk in "Avengers: Age of Ultron," however, previously denied the rumours in an MTV interview that there will be a "Planet Hulk" movie in the making. Ruffalo said that he doesn't think that "Planet Hulk" is an option, though there may be another solo "Hulk" film.
"I think you need more Banner. The whole thing is just him as Hulk, on a planet, fighting other gladiators," Mark Ruffalo told MTV.
Ruffalos denial of "Planet Hulk" has been supported by Marvel Studio's president Kevin Feige who told MTV's Splash Page that he thinks there are "pitfalls of continuity overload and mythology getting so dense that it almost collapses in on itself" if ever there will be a future "Planet Hulk" film.
"Do I think Hulk can carry a movie and be as entertaining as he was in 'Avengers'? I do believe that. I do believe he absolutely could," Marvel's Kevin Feige told MTV's Splash Page reporter Josh Wigler in 2012.
Feige explained that Marvel is "certainly not" going to attempt a solo "Hulk" film until the release of the "Avengers 2," which is set for a 2015 release.
Whether there will be "Planet Hulk" or a different solo "Hulk" film with either GotG's Zoe Saldana or "The Amazing Spider-Man's" Emma Stone as She-Hulk, Mark Ruffalo is set to bring Hulk to life in the upcoming "Avengers: Age of Ultron" movie in 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Transfer News: Manchester United's Possible Transfer Options For This Season
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Make Their Big Brother Proud
- Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- James Foley: ISIS Demanded Multimillion Ransom, US Refused To Pay---Reports