Avengers 2 Star Mark Ruffalo Thinks Zoe Saldana or Emma Stone Should Join the Marvel Cinematic Universe as She-Hulk
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | July 2, 2014 12:18 PM EST
Fueling the rumours of a solo "Hulk" film, "Avengers: Age of Ultron" star Mark Ruffalo recently made a suggestion as to who he thinks should join the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) as Bruce Banner's cousin, Jennifer Walters a.k.a. the Savage She-Hulk, naming Zoe Saldana or Emma Stone.
Cast member Mark Ruffalo poses during a photocall for the film "Foxcatcher" in competition at the 67th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 19, 2014.
Joining the Reddit AMA session, the 46-year-old star, playing Bruce Banner a.k.a. Hulk of "Avengers: Age of Ultron" a.k.a. "Avengers 2," answered a question of who is his top pick as She-Hulk, a character Marvel created after the human Jennifer Walters had a blood transfusion from Banner.
"Oh wow, that's pretty crazy. Well I think Zoe Saldana would be a great She Hulk. It'd be nice to see someone like her join the Avengers. Or someone quiet and demure like Emma Stone would be nice. But it would be up to the powers that be," Mark Ruffalo wrote.
Zoe Saldana is already part of MCU wherein she plays as the alien warrior Gamora in "Guardians of the Galaxy" (GotG) a live-action film set for an Aug 1, 2014 release. Meanwhile, after the death of Emma Stone's character, Gwen Stacy, in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" reports suggest that Stone is more available to land the role of She-Hulk.
Mark Ruffalo, playing as Bruce Banner a.k.a. Hulk in "Avengers: Age of Ultron," however, previously denied the rumours in an MTV interview that there will be a "Planet Hulk" movie in the making. Ruffalo said that he doesn't think that "Planet Hulk" is an option, though there may be another solo "Hulk" film.
"I think you need more Banner. The whole thing is just him as Hulk, on a planet, fighting other gladiators," Mark Ruffalo told MTV.
Ruffalos denial of "Planet Hulk" has been supported by Marvel Studio's president Kevin Feige who told MTV's Splash Page that he thinks there are "pitfalls of continuity overload and mythology getting so dense that it almost collapses in on itself" if ever there will be a future "Planet Hulk" film.
"Do I think Hulk can carry a movie and be as entertaining as he was in 'Avengers'? I do believe that. I do believe he absolutely could," Marvel's Kevin Feige told MTV's Splash Page reporter Josh Wigler in 2012.
Feige explained that Marvel is "certainly not" going to attempt a solo "Hulk" film until the release of the "Avengers 2," which is set for a 2015 release.
Whether there will be "Planet Hulk" or a different solo "Hulk" film with either GotG's Zoe Saldana or "The Amazing Spider-Man's" Emma Stone as She-Hulk, Mark Ruffalo is set to bring Hulk to life in the upcoming "Avengers: Age of Ultron" movie in 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen