Kate Middleton Chats with Children During Charity Visit to London Elementary School
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | July 2, 2014 10:42 AM EST
The Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton delighted the elementary school children at Blessed Sacrament School in London. She took the time to chat with them during her charity visit on Tuesday, July 1.
Britain's Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge smiles as she meets guests during a garden party held at Buckingham Palace, in central London June 10, 2014.
Dressed in a pretty belted salmon pink dress by Goat and nude patent heels, the 32-year old duchess checked on the progress of the M-PACT (Moving Parents and Children Together) Plus project that she launched last year with comedian John Bishop in Manchester. The project aimed to help address the needs of children whose parents are affected by drug or alcohol addiction. The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry and Comic Relief funded the charity initiative. The project works hand in hand with two other charities - Place2Be and Action on Addiction- which the duchess also works closely.
The duchess was excitedly greeted by the elementary pupils who waited for her outside their school as they waved St. George's cross flags. The youngsters presented her with a bouquet of pink roses and the duchess dropped to her knees for a brief chat with the children before going inside the school premises.
In an article from People, the four-year-old Ezekiel was among the kids that Kate greeted. The duchess could not help but smile at the little boy's answer when she asked him what his favorite part of school was he answered "Lunchtime." He added: "She laughed. She is pretty."
A six-year old girl Seyi also told the duchess: "I said it was because she has come to Blessed Sacrament school. I said I liked her dress." Another 11-year old pupil Rosie Nee presented the duchess with a painted portrait of herself and Prince George.
Once inside the school, the duchess attentively listened to the teachers and charity workers who gave her updates about the project. In an article from Mirror, the Chief Executive of Action on Addiction Nick Barton updated the duchess that the collaboration with Place2Be enabled the program to provide young people and families with the specialised support they need.
The Chief Executive of Place2Be Catherine Roche also updated Kate Middleton. She stated: "When we, together with the school are able to intervene early we can support children and enable more parents to tackle these issues, the whole family benefits from improved health and wellbeing and an improved ability to cope and succeed in their lives."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- BC Labour Unions Offer $8M Interest-Free Loans to Striking Teachers; Surplus Won’t Be Used to Settle Teachers’ Strike – Finance Minister
- 12-Year Old's Racy Photos And Erotica Literature Discovered In iPad School Provided
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao Boxing Education Institute to Open in China
- Prince William & Kate Middleton First Autum Engagement, Royal Couple Opening Oxford University’s China Centre
- New Zealand Teachers Union Rejects Government’s Education Plan
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date