WWE 2K15 Reveals John Cena Cover, New Logo and a Whole Lot of Game Modes
By Gel Galang | July 2, 2014 10:04 AM EST
"WWE 2K15" has finally revealed the pro wrestler that would be the face of the next-gen iteration of the game.
2K Sports' choice for the cover art is none other than John Cena, the current champion of WWE and one of the most well-known Superstars today.
"With his outstanding record of accomplishments in WWE and beyond, the iconic John Cena is the perfect WWE Superstar to represent the WWE 2K franchise as we launch the first-ever WWE video game on next-generation consoles," said Chris Snyder, Vice President of Marketing at 2K, in a press release quoted by Joystiq.
"Along with monumental gameplay, graphical and presentation improvements, we are confident that Cena will drive WWE 2K15 to cement its spot in history as the greatest WWE video game released to date."
Check out the link above to see the covers on the four different platforms for "WWE 2K15."
Apart from the reveal of the John Cena cover, it's also hard not to notice the new logo gracing the cover. According to Attack of the Fanboy, the new company logo has already been used in the cover, and expected to be used everywhere else come August when the SummerSlam debuts.
'WWE 2K15' Brings in More Game Modes
In addition to the revealed new information, 2K Sports has already promised that there will be a number of new game modes coming for "WWE 2K15."
The second game, which is heading to the next-gen PS4 and Xbox One as well as current-gen PS3 and Xbox 360, has introduced a number of new ways to improve the game, starting with the fact that it utilises the facial scanning and body scanning featured in 2K's other next-gen game, "NBA 2K15."
This means that the lighting effects will give the characters a more dynamic look and texture, and a realistic feel to the character model. Best of all, adding to the next-gen technology used for "WWE 2K15," the developer has also brought in more lines and commentary into the game, and captured animations of wrestlers in the ring--all of which are used to change the gameplay.
"We improved the core gameplay experience. This is not a fighting game with WWE characters," said Snyder in an interview with Chicago Tribune. "We tweak gameplay every year for NBA 2K and we're doing the same thing for WWE. We have a lot of new game modes coming out, too."
WhatCulture reports one of the game modes that can be experienced with "WWK 2K15, which is the Streak Mode, where players can battle through the Wrestlemania history of The Undertaker and his 21 - 0 winning streak. Another mode present in the game is the story mode, where you have to meet objectives as you play through the game.
The richness of "WWE 2K15" and the challenges that fans can be ready to face with this next-gen WWE gaming will be available this October 28.
"WWE 2K15" roster (via YouTube/ViviekPremGamers)
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- 'World Of Warcraft’ Brings Back The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff From Sept. 2-16, 2014 After ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition': Romancing Solas, Morrigan's Human Side And Dragon Age Keep User Interface
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones