Dan Harmon’s Community (Season 6) Finds New Home; Moves from NBC to Yahoo Screen
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | July 2, 2014 9:25 AM EST
NBC may have axed Dan Harmon's "Community" series, but die-hard fans may again get a chance to watch the TV show as Yahoo announced that the comedy series will return this fall for Season 6, loaded with 13 episodes, exclusively available on Yahoo Screen.
Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer speaks during her keynote address at the annual Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, Nevada in this file photo taken January 7, 2014.
The "Community" TV series with Joey McHale, Gillian Jacobs, Yvette Nicole Brown, Danny Pudi, Alison Brie, Ken Jeong and Jim Rash had last made its appearance on NBC in mid-April 2014. Reviews have varied, and while there have been the worse reviews from critics there have also been relatively good reviews.
"Community Season 5 was incredible: happy and sad, brilliant and silly, shockingly angry and remarkably kind, brutally cynical and yet somehow hopeful," Darren Franich of Entertainment Weekly wrote on May 9, 2014.
There are various reports that "Community" comedy series will not only get a season 6, but will also get a movie after a promise of #SixSeasonAndAMovie. The reports, however, have not been confirmed unless Dan Harmon and the cast agree to sign on a movie deal.
"Our hope is...that [Community] has a healthy future for season six and well beyond," Kathy Savitt, Yahoo Chief Marketing Officer, told Vulture.
According to Savitt, Yahoo hopes to "build, extend and prolong" the "Community" series further than the upcoming season six.
Dan Harmon, creator and producer of "Community," who was seen crying on his podcast "Harmontown" a day after NBC cancelled his series, is apparently pleased with the new announcement from Yahoo for a "Community" Season 6.
"I look forward to bringing our beloved NBC sitcom to a larger audience by moving it online," Harmon told Yahoo. "I vow to dominate our new competition. Rest easy, Big Bang Theory. Look out, Bang Bus!"
Joey McHale, playing Jeff Winger, quoted Mark Twain, saying that the reports of the "Community" series cancellation "have been greatly exaggerated."
"#SixSeasonsAndaMovie is real. Thank you Sony. Thank you Yahoo. Thank you Dan Harmon. And thank you to the greatest f%$#ing fans in the history of the human race. It's the internet. We can swear now," McHale added.
The "Community" comedy series is a production of Krasnoff-Foster Entertainment and Harmonious Claptrap in association with NBCUniversal-owned Universal Television and Sony Pictures.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Nov. 26, 2014, The Forrester Mansion Is All Decked Out For Thanksgiving With Family And Friends [WATCH VIDEO]
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates