The Expendables 3: TV Spot, Behind the Scenes Footage and Pierce Brosnan Joining the Cast
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | July 2, 2014 9:09 AM EST
Gearing up for its August theatre release, a new TV spot for "The Expendables 3" and behind the scenes footage from the film, featuring Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Antonio Banderas, Mel Gibson, Arnold Schwarzenegger and more, have been released.
Actors Sylvester Stallone (L) and Mel Gibson, cast members of the film "The Expendables 3", pose on the red carpet during the 67th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 18, 2014.
Packed with big Hollywood action stars, the third installment of "The Expendables" is expected to bring an explosion of action on the big screens. The new TV spot, which made its online debut on ComingSoon.net, may have been titled "The Last Ride" but there are reports suggesting that the third installment is packed with snippets of future sequels and more action to come.
In an interview with ComingSoon.net, Pierce Brosnan addressed the statement he made during an interview with ShortList magazine late in March, stating that he'd been asked to do a role in a future "Expendables" film.
"I said to [producer] Avi Lerner, 'If it works out and you have a good script, Avi, you know where to find me if you still want me," Brosnan told ComingSoon, confirming his previous interview suggesting that he may appear in an "Expendables" film.
According to the 61-year-old Irish actor, who reportedly worked over in Bulgaria with Lerner, he had a "grand time" working with the producer, adding that bringing a group of guys "who saved the world, fought the bad guys, and put them all on the same stage" is apparently "crazy good." Brosnan also mentioned the great work of Sylvester Stallone and has called Kelsey Grammer a "fantastic actor."
Even though there is still no official confirmation, reports suggest as confirmed by Brosnan that "The Expendables 3" movie may have a fourth installment and Pierce Brosnan, who is starring in the new dark comedy movie "A Long Way Down," may be joining the cast.
In other news, a new behind the scenes footage of "The Expendables 3" has been released on YouTube via The Stallone, where a smiling and laughing cast working with the crew can be seen.
The behind the scenes footage shows the crew following Harrison Ford, to the smiling Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger, to Dolph Lundgren and Terry Crews giving each other a hug and to "The Expendables" director Patrick Hughes telling the cast what to do.
"The Expendables 3" makes a standout announcement with its new TV spot and behind the scenes footage that carries with it a long list of big action stars, each ready to step into real action.
The Patrick Hughes thriller, "The Expendables 3," hits theatres on Aug 15, 2014.
WATCH: "The Expendables 3" New TV Spot - The Last Ride
WATCH: Behind the Scenes Footage from "The Expendables 3"
CREDIT: YouTube/The Stallone
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Will Feature Nude Scene Confirmed—Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1: ‘The Biggest Action Sequence That We Have Ever Attempted’ [VIDEO]
- 'Terminator' 5 And 'Jurassic World' Trailers To Be Released Soon
- ‘Star Wars’ 7 Plot Leak – New Villain And Stormtroopers New Look [Spoilers]
- 'Doctor Who' Casting News: 'GOT' Actress Rose Leslie Favoured To Play As 'Clara Oswald'
- Robin Williams Goodbye Video Hoax: Facebook Users Warned of Celebrity Suicide Exploitation
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: AT&T/Sprint Release and When to Hit Your Region
- Motorola Moto X+1 On Release Date To Come With Snapdragon 800 Processor, 2 GB RAM, 4K Recording And 5.2-Inch Display