The Expendables 3: TV Spot, Behind the Scenes Footage and Pierce Brosnan Joining the Cast
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | July 2, 2014 9:09 AM EST
Gearing up for its August theatre release, a new TV spot for "The Expendables 3" and behind the scenes footage from the film, featuring Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Antonio Banderas, Mel Gibson, Arnold Schwarzenegger and more, have been released.
Actors Sylvester Stallone (L) and Mel Gibson, cast members of the film "The Expendables 3", pose on the red carpet during the 67th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 18, 2014.
Packed with big Hollywood action stars, the third installment of "The Expendables" is expected to bring an explosion of action on the big screens. The new TV spot, which made its online debut on ComingSoon.net, may have been titled "The Last Ride" but there are reports suggesting that the third installment is packed with snippets of future sequels and more action to come.
In an interview with ComingSoon.net, Pierce Brosnan addressed the statement he made during an interview with ShortList magazine late in March, stating that he'd been asked to do a role in a future "Expendables" film.
"I said to [producer] Avi Lerner, 'If it works out and you have a good script, Avi, you know where to find me if you still want me," Brosnan told ComingSoon, confirming his previous interview suggesting that he may appear in an "Expendables" film.
According to the 61-year-old Irish actor, who reportedly worked over in Bulgaria with Lerner, he had a "grand time" working with the producer, adding that bringing a group of guys "who saved the world, fought the bad guys, and put them all on the same stage" is apparently "crazy good." Brosnan also mentioned the great work of Sylvester Stallone and has called Kelsey Grammer a "fantastic actor."
Even though there is still no official confirmation, reports suggest as confirmed by Brosnan that "The Expendables 3" movie may have a fourth installment and Pierce Brosnan, who is starring in the new dark comedy movie "A Long Way Down," may be joining the cast.
In other news, a new behind the scenes footage of "The Expendables 3" has been released on YouTube via The Stallone, where a smiling and laughing cast working with the crew can be seen.
The behind the scenes footage shows the crew following Harrison Ford, to the smiling Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger, to Dolph Lundgren and Terry Crews giving each other a hug and to "The Expendables" director Patrick Hughes telling the cast what to do.
"The Expendables 3" makes a standout announcement with its new TV spot and behind the scenes footage that carries with it a long list of big action stars, each ready to step into real action.
The Patrick Hughes thriller, "The Expendables 3," hits theatres on Aug 15, 2014.
WATCH: "The Expendables 3" New TV Spot - The Last Ride
WATCH: Behind the Scenes Footage from "The Expendables 3"
CREDIT: YouTube/The Stallone
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air