The Expendables 3: TV Spot, Behind the Scenes Footage and Pierce Brosnan Joining the Cast
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | July 2, 2014 9:09 AM EST
Gearing up for its August theatre release, a new TV spot for "The Expendables 3" and behind the scenes footage from the film, featuring Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Antonio Banderas, Mel Gibson, Arnold Schwarzenegger and more, have been released.
Actors Sylvester Stallone (L) and Mel Gibson, cast members of the film "The Expendables 3", pose on the red carpet during the 67th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 18, 2014.
Packed with big Hollywood action stars, the third installment of "The Expendables" is expected to bring an explosion of action on the big screens. The new TV spot, which made its online debut on ComingSoon.net, may have been titled "The Last Ride" but there are reports suggesting that the third installment is packed with snippets of future sequels and more action to come.
In an interview with ComingSoon.net, Pierce Brosnan addressed the statement he made during an interview with ShortList magazine late in March, stating that he'd been asked to do a role in a future "Expendables" film.
"I said to [producer] Avi Lerner, 'If it works out and you have a good script, Avi, you know where to find me if you still want me," Brosnan told ComingSoon, confirming his previous interview suggesting that he may appear in an "Expendables" film.
According to the 61-year-old Irish actor, who reportedly worked over in Bulgaria with Lerner, he had a "grand time" working with the producer, adding that bringing a group of guys "who saved the world, fought the bad guys, and put them all on the same stage" is apparently "crazy good." Brosnan also mentioned the great work of Sylvester Stallone and has called Kelsey Grammer a "fantastic actor."
Even though there is still no official confirmation, reports suggest as confirmed by Brosnan that "The Expendables 3" movie may have a fourth installment and Pierce Brosnan, who is starring in the new dark comedy movie "A Long Way Down," may be joining the cast.
In other news, a new behind the scenes footage of "The Expendables 3" has been released on YouTube via The Stallone, where a smiling and laughing cast working with the crew can be seen.
The behind the scenes footage shows the crew following Harrison Ford, to the smiling Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger, to Dolph Lundgren and Terry Crews giving each other a hug and to "The Expendables" director Patrick Hughes telling the cast what to do.
"The Expendables 3" makes a standout announcement with its new TV spot and behind the scenes footage that carries with it a long list of big action stars, each ready to step into real action.
The Patrick Hughes thriller, "The Expendables 3," hits theatres on Aug 15, 2014.
WATCH: "The Expendables 3" New TV Spot - The Last Ride
WATCH: Behind the Scenes Footage from "The Expendables 3"
CREDIT: YouTube/The Stallone
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2