Boxing News 2014: Amir Khan Wants to Fight Manny Pacquiao in November, Floyd Mayweather in May
By Vittorio Hernandez | July 2, 2014 2:34 AM EST
British boxer Amir Khan wants to take the express lane of boxing fame by naming the two pound-for-pound kings as his dream opponents for his next two fights.
Khan said he wants to be Manny Pacquiao's ring opponent in his Nov 27 bout in Macau, China. If by some miracle he gets Pacquiao's WBO welterweight belt, his next aim is the holder of the two other welterweight belts from WBC and WBA, unbeaten American boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. who is slated to fight on May 3.
Both Pacquiao and Mayweather have not yet officially announced who would be their respective opponents in their next scheduled bouts, but the buzz is stronger of the two finally meeting in Dubai either in September or early 2015, if the press announcements of UAE Prince Amir Shafipour would become true.
Among the names that crop up as likely opponents of Pacquiao are Juan Manuel Marquez, Chris Algieri and Khan, who confirmed official talks with the Filipino champ's camp has started.
"We are both fighting next in November or December, so everything is perfect for us to fight. Its speed, explosiveness and entertainment from both fighters and this is what fans want from boxing right now," Khan told Boxingnews24.
Scott Gilford, write of Boxingnews24, favoured Khan to be Pacquiao's next opponent because he hasn't fought yet the Filipino congressman.
The push for a Pacquiao fight comes from Khan's advisor Al Haymon who sees a battle with the Filipino champ would help the British boxer's career reach greater heights.
Khan and Miguel Cotto are also high on Money May's list.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Fight Won't Happen As Long As Bob Arum Is Involved, Says Pacquiao's Former Conditioning Coach
- WWE News: CM Punk Merchandise Pulled From Stands, Punk Chasing Royalties For WWE 2K15 Inclusion [VIDEO]
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4