Kate Middleton's Sister Pippa Says She Felt 'Publicly Bullied' and 'Embarrassed' after Royal Wedding
By nidhi tewari | July 1, 2014 5:59 PM EST
Pippa Middleton, the little sister of Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton has finally opened up about her sister's royal wedding and according to her she felt "publically bullied" by the whole attention her pristine white figure-hugging gown was given at that time. Pippa gave her first ever television interview to American journalist Matt Lauer for U.S. Today show and acknowledged the fact that she was not comfortable by untrue things written about her following her sister's gala royal wedding.
Pippa Middleton, the sister of Britain's Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, watches the women's singles tennis match between Angelique Kerber of Germany and Heather Watson of Britain at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships, in centre court, London June 26, 2014.
Middleton was propelled to sudden media spotlight when she was pictured wearing a tight bridesmaid's dress which showed off her now-famous rear when her sister Kate married the Duke of Cambridge in 2011.
Some of the gossip Web sites even went on to the extent of saying that Pippa stole the spotlight from her elder sister Kate on her wedding day as her figure hugging gown was much more in news than her sister's wedding gown. For months following Kate's wedding, Pippa's gown was the most talked about entity in gossip magazines.
Pippa however revealed in the interview that she had not thought her dress would become as famous as she had simply chosen something to match with her sister's train. She in fact revealed that she found the whole interest surrounding her dress to be quite "embarrassing." "The dress was almost meant to be insignificant," she said during the interview.
And when the interviewer asked her about the present status of the dress, she was quick to reply that she has kept it safe and sound for her future generations to see.
"I think I'll just keep it there. I think it's the sort of thing that I'm sure I'll bring out if someone wanted to see it or my children one day want to see it. Then I'll show them but yes it's tucked away," Pippa revealed during her interview, referring to the bridesmaid's dress.
Pippa also revealed how she felt "bullied" by the public after the royal wedding.
"It's hard sometimes because I have felt publicly bullied a little bit just by, you know, when I read things that clearly aren't true or that, whichever way someone looks at it, it's a negative side," the sister to Kate revealed.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]