Kate Middleton's Sister Pippa Says She Felt 'Publicly Bullied' and 'Embarrassed' after Royal Wedding
By nidhi tewari | July 1, 2014 5:59 PM EST
Pippa Middleton, the little sister of Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton has finally opened up about her sister's royal wedding and according to her she felt "publically bullied" by the whole attention her pristine white figure-hugging gown was given at that time. Pippa gave her first ever television interview to American journalist Matt Lauer for U.S. Today show and acknowledged the fact that she was not comfortable by untrue things written about her following her sister's gala royal wedding.
Pippa Middleton, the sister of Britain's Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, watches the women's singles tennis match between Angelique Kerber of Germany and Heather Watson of Britain at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships, in centre court, London June 26, 2014.
Middleton was propelled to sudden media spotlight when she was pictured wearing a tight bridesmaid's dress which showed off her now-famous rear when her sister Kate married the Duke of Cambridge in 2011.
Some of the gossip Web sites even went on to the extent of saying that Pippa stole the spotlight from her elder sister Kate on her wedding day as her figure hugging gown was much more in news than her sister's wedding gown. For months following Kate's wedding, Pippa's gown was the most talked about entity in gossip magazines.
Pippa however revealed in the interview that she had not thought her dress would become as famous as she had simply chosen something to match with her sister's train. She in fact revealed that she found the whole interest surrounding her dress to be quite "embarrassing." "The dress was almost meant to be insignificant," she said during the interview.
And when the interviewer asked her about the present status of the dress, she was quick to reply that she has kept it safe and sound for her future generations to see.
"I think I'll just keep it there. I think it's the sort of thing that I'm sure I'll bring out if someone wanted to see it or my children one day want to see it. Then I'll show them but yes it's tucked away," Pippa revealed during her interview, referring to the bridesmaid's dress.
Pippa also revealed how she felt "bullied" by the public after the royal wedding.
"It's hard sometimes because I have felt publicly bullied a little bit just by, you know, when I read things that clearly aren't true or that, whichever way someone looks at it, it's a negative side," the sister to Kate revealed.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family