Kate Middleton's Sister Pippa Says She Felt 'Publicly Bullied' and 'Embarrassed' after Royal Wedding
By nidhi tewari | July 1, 2014 5:59 PM EST
Pippa Middleton, the little sister of Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton has finally opened up about her sister's royal wedding and according to her she felt "publically bullied" by the whole attention her pristine white figure-hugging gown was given at that time. Pippa gave her first ever television interview to American journalist Matt Lauer for U.S. Today show and acknowledged the fact that she was not comfortable by untrue things written about her following her sister's gala royal wedding.
Pippa Middleton, the sister of Britain's Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, watches the women's singles tennis match between Angelique Kerber of Germany and Heather Watson of Britain at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships, in centre court, London June 26, 2014.
Middleton was propelled to sudden media spotlight when she was pictured wearing a tight bridesmaid's dress which showed off her now-famous rear when her sister Kate married the Duke of Cambridge in 2011.
Some of the gossip Web sites even went on to the extent of saying that Pippa stole the spotlight from her elder sister Kate on her wedding day as her figure hugging gown was much more in news than her sister's wedding gown. For months following Kate's wedding, Pippa's gown was the most talked about entity in gossip magazines.
Pippa however revealed in the interview that she had not thought her dress would become as famous as she had simply chosen something to match with her sister's train. She in fact revealed that she found the whole interest surrounding her dress to be quite "embarrassing." "The dress was almost meant to be insignificant," she said during the interview.
And when the interviewer asked her about the present status of the dress, she was quick to reply that she has kept it safe and sound for her future generations to see.
"I think I'll just keep it there. I think it's the sort of thing that I'm sure I'll bring out if someone wanted to see it or my children one day want to see it. Then I'll show them but yes it's tucked away," Pippa revealed during her interview, referring to the bridesmaid's dress.
Pippa also revealed how she felt "bullied" by the public after the royal wedding.
"It's hard sometimes because I have felt publicly bullied a little bit just by, you know, when I read things that clearly aren't true or that, whichever way someone looks at it, it's a negative side," the sister to Kate revealed.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ First Photo Of Lex Luthor Leaked, Jesse Eisenberg On Villain’s Role And Plot Details Revealed
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Captain America 3’: Red Skull Returns, Greater Villains Added
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers
- ISIS Will Target the U.S. Power Grid, Former CIA Says; Could Tap Other Fellow Extremist Groups to Do the Job
- Jennifer Lawrence's Nude Photos Leaked on Find My iPhone, Apple 'Outraged' But Says Systems 'Not Breached'
- Russia Massacres Ukrainian Volunteer Battalions—Surviving Members Alleged