Kate Middleton's Sister Pippa Says She Felt 'Publicly Bullied' and 'Embarrassed' after Royal Wedding
By nidhi tewari | July 1, 2014 5:59 PM EST
Pippa Middleton, the little sister of Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton has finally opened up about her sister's royal wedding and according to her she felt "publically bullied" by the whole attention her pristine white figure-hugging gown was given at that time. Pippa gave her first ever television interview to American journalist Matt Lauer for U.S. Today show and acknowledged the fact that she was not comfortable by untrue things written about her following her sister's gala royal wedding.
Pippa Middleton, the sister of Britain's Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, watches the women's singles tennis match between Angelique Kerber of Germany and Heather Watson of Britain at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships, in centre court, London June 26, 2014.
Middleton was propelled to sudden media spotlight when she was pictured wearing a tight bridesmaid's dress which showed off her now-famous rear when her sister Kate married the Duke of Cambridge in 2011.
Some of the gossip Web sites even went on to the extent of saying that Pippa stole the spotlight from her elder sister Kate on her wedding day as her figure hugging gown was much more in news than her sister's wedding gown. For months following Kate's wedding, Pippa's gown was the most talked about entity in gossip magazines.
Pippa however revealed in the interview that she had not thought her dress would become as famous as she had simply chosen something to match with her sister's train. She in fact revealed that she found the whole interest surrounding her dress to be quite "embarrassing." "The dress was almost meant to be insignificant," she said during the interview.
And when the interviewer asked her about the present status of the dress, she was quick to reply that she has kept it safe and sound for her future generations to see.
"I think I'll just keep it there. I think it's the sort of thing that I'm sure I'll bring out if someone wanted to see it or my children one day want to see it. Then I'll show them but yes it's tucked away," Pippa revealed during her interview, referring to the bridesmaid's dress.
Pippa also revealed how she felt "bullied" by the public after the royal wedding.
"It's hard sometimes because I have felt publicly bullied a little bit just by, you know, when I read things that clearly aren't true or that, whichever way someone looks at it, it's a negative side," the sister to Kate revealed.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop