Kate Middleton's Sister Pippa Says She Felt 'Publicly Bullied' and 'Embarrassed' after Royal Wedding
By nidhi tewari | July 1, 2014 5:59 PM EST
Pippa Middleton, the little sister of Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton has finally opened up about her sister's royal wedding and according to her she felt "publically bullied" by the whole attention her pristine white figure-hugging gown was given at that time. Pippa gave her first ever television interview to American journalist Matt Lauer for U.S. Today show and acknowledged the fact that she was not comfortable by untrue things written about her following her sister's gala royal wedding.
Pippa Middleton, the sister of Britain's Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, watches the women's singles tennis match between Angelique Kerber of Germany and Heather Watson of Britain at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships, in centre court, London June 26, 2014.
Middleton was propelled to sudden media spotlight when she was pictured wearing a tight bridesmaid's dress which showed off her now-famous rear when her sister Kate married the Duke of Cambridge in 2011.
Some of the gossip Web sites even went on to the extent of saying that Pippa stole the spotlight from her elder sister Kate on her wedding day as her figure hugging gown was much more in news than her sister's wedding gown. For months following Kate's wedding, Pippa's gown was the most talked about entity in gossip magazines.
Pippa however revealed in the interview that she had not thought her dress would become as famous as she had simply chosen something to match with her sister's train. She in fact revealed that she found the whole interest surrounding her dress to be quite "embarrassing." "The dress was almost meant to be insignificant," she said during the interview.
And when the interviewer asked her about the present status of the dress, she was quick to reply that she has kept it safe and sound for her future generations to see.
"I think I'll just keep it there. I think it's the sort of thing that I'm sure I'll bring out if someone wanted to see it or my children one day want to see it. Then I'll show them but yes it's tucked away," Pippa revealed during her interview, referring to the bridesmaid's dress.
Pippa also revealed how she felt "bullied" by the public after the royal wedding.
"It's hard sometimes because I have felt publicly bullied a little bit just by, you know, when I read things that clearly aren't true or that, whichever way someone looks at it, it's a negative side," the sister to Kate revealed.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales