Doctor Who Series 8 Airdate, Casting News Plus Spoilers: Things to Expect in Peter Capaldi’s Season, Villains and More [Videos]
By jaskiran kaur | July 1, 2014 5:55 PM EST
Mark your calendars! "Doctor Who" is soon returning with its much-awaited series 8 on BBC One. Peter Capaldi's season has now got a confirmed airdate and second teaser trailer. Also, find out about the new cast member and villains the show will feature. [Warning: Spoilers Alert!]
This article contains potential spoilers from "Doctor Who" Series 8. Read at your own risk.
"Doctor Who" Series 8 will premiere later in 2014. According to the latest update, the show's second teaser trailer (below) confirms the new doctor will land on Aug 23, 2014. The show will premiere with the episode titled "Deep Breath." The trailer gives a glimpse at Peter Capladi's avatar of Time Lord and his assistant Clara.
The first teaser trailer of "Doctor Who" Series 8 (below) was released earlier this year which revealed nothing but a silhouette of Peter Capaldi's "Doctor Who" standing in the dark in front of the TARDIS set ablaze. Scroll down to watch "Doctor Who" Series 8 trailers.
The long-running sci-fi, time-travel adventure show is in its 50th year. The show will feature the Twelfth Doctor and 12 episodes in its upcoming installment. At the last aired episode of the show, "Time of the Doctor," fans bid goodbye to Matt Smith's doctor and saw a glimpse of Peter Capaldi's doctor. In the new series, fans will get to see the adventures of the 12th Time Lord without any reference to previous time lords. The show will also feature Jenna Coleman as Clara, Samuel Anderson as Danny Pink and Keeley Hawes as the villain Ms Delphox.
According to the latest update, the show has got a new cast member. BBC reported that "Green Wing" star Michelle Gomez has joined the cast of "Doctor Who" Series 8 as "The Gatekeeper of the Nethersphere." According to the show's creator, Steven Moffat, she is "brilliant, Scottish, and a tiny bit satanic."
Furthermore, spoilers from the upcoming series have begun to swirl around. In the latest Twitter post, BBC posted a picture of Peter Capaldi and Michelle Gomez along with Cybermen in the background. The image got fans thinking that classic villains and "popular monsters" Cybermen will return to battle against Peter Capaldi's "Doctor Who."
As for other "Doctor Who" Series 8 villains, Doctor Who TV provides a list of them. According to the Web site, Peter Capaldi is going to battle against Clockwork Droids, Daleks, Robots, Ms Delphox, Minotaur-like creature and the Sheriff of Nottingham.
The Web site notes that "Doctor Who" Series 8 Episode 1 will take place in Victorian London and will see the return of the Paternoster Gang. Also, fans can look forward to find the answers to the cliffhanger ending of "Doctor Who" Christmas special, "The Time of the Doctor."
Watch "Doctor Who" Series 8 teaser trailers below:
Video: Am I a good man?—"Doctor Who" Series 8 2014: Teaser trailer—BBC One
Video: "Doctor Who" Series 8 2014—The First teaser trailer—BBC One
For more spoilers and updates on Peter Capaldi's "Doctor Who" Series 8, read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- ‘Fast and Furious’ 7 New Car Revealed To Be a Humvee
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0