Doctor Who Series 8 Airdate, Casting News Plus Spoilers: Things to Expect in Peter Capaldi’s Season, Villains and More [Videos]
By jaskiran kaur | July 1, 2014 5:55 PM EST
Mark your calendars! "Doctor Who" is soon returning with its much-awaited series 8 on BBC One. Peter Capaldi's season has now got a confirmed airdate and second teaser trailer. Also, find out about the new cast member and villains the show will feature. [Warning: Spoilers Alert!]
This article contains potential spoilers from "Doctor Who" Series 8. Read at your own risk.
"Doctor Who" Series 8 will premiere later in 2014. According to the latest update, the show's second teaser trailer (below) confirms the new doctor will land on Aug 23, 2014. The show will premiere with the episode titled "Deep Breath." The trailer gives a glimpse at Peter Capladi's avatar of Time Lord and his assistant Clara.
The first teaser trailer of "Doctor Who" Series 8 (below) was released earlier this year which revealed nothing but a silhouette of Peter Capaldi's "Doctor Who" standing in the dark in front of the TARDIS set ablaze. Scroll down to watch "Doctor Who" Series 8 trailers.
The long-running sci-fi, time-travel adventure show is in its 50th year. The show will feature the Twelfth Doctor and 12 episodes in its upcoming installment. At the last aired episode of the show, "Time of the Doctor," fans bid goodbye to Matt Smith's doctor and saw a glimpse of Peter Capaldi's doctor. In the new series, fans will get to see the adventures of the 12th Time Lord without any reference to previous time lords. The show will also feature Jenna Coleman as Clara, Samuel Anderson as Danny Pink and Keeley Hawes as the villain Ms Delphox.
According to the latest update, the show has got a new cast member. BBC reported that "Green Wing" star Michelle Gomez has joined the cast of "Doctor Who" Series 8 as "The Gatekeeper of the Nethersphere." According to the show's creator, Steven Moffat, she is "brilliant, Scottish, and a tiny bit satanic."
Furthermore, spoilers from the upcoming series have begun to swirl around. In the latest Twitter post, BBC posted a picture of Peter Capaldi and Michelle Gomez along with Cybermen in the background. The image got fans thinking that classic villains and "popular monsters" Cybermen will return to battle against Peter Capaldi's "Doctor Who."
As for other "Doctor Who" Series 8 villains, Doctor Who TV provides a list of them. According to the Web site, Peter Capaldi is going to battle against Clockwork Droids, Daleks, Robots, Ms Delphox, Minotaur-like creature and the Sheriff of Nottingham.
The Web site notes that "Doctor Who" Series 8 Episode 1 will take place in Victorian London and will see the return of the Paternoster Gang. Also, fans can look forward to find the answers to the cliffhanger ending of "Doctor Who" Christmas special, "The Time of the Doctor."
Watch "Doctor Who" Series 8 teaser trailers below:
Video: Am I a good man?—"Doctor Who" Series 8 2014: Teaser trailer—BBC One
Video: "Doctor Who" Series 8 2014—The First teaser trailer—BBC One
For more spoilers and updates on Peter Capaldi's "Doctor Who" Series 8, read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Daenerys Targaryen vs Yezzan, Nymeria Sand Actress Announced at Comic Con 2014
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6