Pippa Talks about Kate Middleton and Prince William's Wedding for the First Time in Interview with Matt Lauer [VIDEO]
By Christine Jane Caparras | July 1, 2014 5:07 PM EST
Three years after Kate Middleton became the Duchess of Cambridge when she married Prince William, her sister Pippa is doing her first TV interview with the Today Show's Matt Lauer where she speaks about the wedding, the fame it unexpectedly brought her, the infamous dress and how she has taken advantage of her new found fame thus far.
Pippa Middleton, the sister of Britain's Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, watches the women's singles tennis match between Angelique Kerber of Germany and Heather Watson of Britain at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships, in centre court, London June 26, 2014.
Pippa Middleton shot to fame after the 2011 wedding of her older sister, Kate Middleton to Prince William, the future King of England. While everyone knew Kate, hardly anyone knew about her sister until she walked into Westminster Abbey in a body hugging dress that featured her assets for millions of viewers from all over the world to appreciate. Suddenly, with Kate and William happily settled down, everyone wanted to know all about the sexy younger sister.
Pippa reveals to Matt Lauer of the Today show that she had never done a television interview because she is nervous in front of the camera. She said that she has had to make a difficult transition from having a normal life before the wedding to being suddenly thrust into the spotlight.
The wedding itself, in her eyes was just a normal family affair. She said that as she walked into the Abbey, she was aware that there were many people but did not really notice the cameras and media. When the ceremony was over and she walked out of the balcony and saw how many people had come to witness the historic first kiss,that was when the magnitude of the event hit her.
"This is pretty special," Pippa thought as she looked down into the sea of people that had gathered to see her sister and her Prince.
They then talked about the dress that brought the attention to her. She seemed completely embarrassed by it and said that the plan was for the dress to be insignificant and to just blend in with the train that she was helping Kate lug around.
"I suppose it's flattering, It's supposed to be insignificant," said Pippa. She also revealed that the dress is still in her possession and she intends to keep it to show to her children one day.
Matt Lauer then asks her about a statement she had made in previous interviews where she said that fame has an upside, a downside and a backside as a pun to her fame brought about by her bum.
Pippa then talks about the advantages the fame has brought her and her new ability to speak out and be heard and the charity work that she has gotten herself involved in. Pippa came to the United States to participate in the Race Across America which ran through 12 states in 6 days on a bicycle.
She is participating in the event with her brother James and her chosen charities include the British Heart Foundation and the Michael Matthews Foundation which helps bring education to young children in the name of a fallen Mount Everest climber.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown