Mark Ruffalo Says His Friendship with Jennifer Garner Stopped When She Dated Ben Affleck
By Anne Lu | July 1, 2014 3:36 PM EST
Ben Affleck got in the way of Jennifer Garner’s friendship with Mark Ruffalo, according to the “Avengers” star.
Mark played Jennifer’s love interest in the 2004 hit chick flick “13 Going on 30,” and the two have stayed friends even after production.
However, 2004 is also the same year when Jennifer met Ben, and that’s apparently when Jennifer’s friendship with Mark stopped.
“We had a great time together, and I think we would, but then Ben came on the scene and that was the end of that,” Ruffalo told “Watch What Happens Live” host Andy Cohen.
The host then quipped, “I heard he doesn’t allow her to have male friends,” adding for clarity, “I made that up!”
The 46-year-old actor just shrugged, saying it was “sad” that he lost contact with the former “Alias” star.
Married to actress Sunrise Coigney since 2000, Mark could only be referring to a non-romantic relationship with Jennifer. It’s unclear, though, if he meant Jennifer just forgot about their friendship or if Ben didn’t want her to keep it.
Jen and Ben started dating while filming “Daredevil.” They married on June 29, 2005, and has since been raising three children together.
They have reportedly had a low-key wedding anniversary celebration over the weekend in Michigan. They dined in at the Bistro 82, trying their best not to stand out from the crowd.
“Jen was wearing a black dress and Ben was in jeans with dishevelled hair... They were walking slowly by and they seemed relaxed and in good spirits,” a source told eonline.com.
“I had to do a double take because they were blended with the rest of the guests and they appeared like any normal couple.”
Meanwhile, Mark is co-starring with Keira Knightley and Adam Levine in the musical romantic comedy “Begin Again.”
The film will also star Hailee Steinfeld, CeeLo Green, Mos Def, Catherine Keener and James Corden.
“13 Going On 30”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation