Mark Ruffalo Says His Friendship with Jennifer Garner Stopped When She Dated Ben Affleck
By Anne Lu | July 1, 2014 3:36 PM EST
Ben Affleck got in the way of Jennifer Garner’s friendship with Mark Ruffalo, according to the “Avengers” star.
Mark played Jennifer’s love interest in the 2004 hit chick flick “13 Going on 30,” and the two have stayed friends even after production.
However, 2004 is also the same year when Jennifer met Ben, and that’s apparently when Jennifer’s friendship with Mark stopped.
“We had a great time together, and I think we would, but then Ben came on the scene and that was the end of that,” Ruffalo told “Watch What Happens Live” host Andy Cohen.
The host then quipped, “I heard he doesn’t allow her to have male friends,” adding for clarity, “I made that up!”
The 46-year-old actor just shrugged, saying it was “sad” that he lost contact with the former “Alias” star.
Married to actress Sunrise Coigney since 2000, Mark could only be referring to a non-romantic relationship with Jennifer. It’s unclear, though, if he meant Jennifer just forgot about their friendship or if Ben didn’t want her to keep it.
Jen and Ben started dating while filming “Daredevil.” They married on June 29, 2005, and has since been raising three children together.
They have reportedly had a low-key wedding anniversary celebration over the weekend in Michigan. They dined in at the Bistro 82, trying their best not to stand out from the crowd.
“Jen was wearing a black dress and Ben was in jeans with dishevelled hair... They were walking slowly by and they seemed relaxed and in good spirits,” a source told eonline.com.
“I had to do a double take because they were blended with the rest of the guests and they appeared like any normal couple.”
Meanwhile, Mark is co-starring with Keira Knightley and Adam Levine in the musical romantic comedy “Begin Again.”
The film will also star Hailee Steinfeld, CeeLo Green, Mos Def, Catherine Keener and James Corden.
“13 Going On 30”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen