Mark Ruffalo Says His Friendship with Jennifer Garner Stopped When She Dated Ben Affleck
By Anne Lu | July 1, 2014 3:36 PM EST
Ben Affleck got in the way of Jennifer Garner’s friendship with Mark Ruffalo, according to the “Avengers” star.
Mark played Jennifer’s love interest in the 2004 hit chick flick “13 Going on 30,” and the two have stayed friends even after production.
However, 2004 is also the same year when Jennifer met Ben, and that’s apparently when Jennifer’s friendship with Mark stopped.
“We had a great time together, and I think we would, but then Ben came on the scene and that was the end of that,” Ruffalo told “Watch What Happens Live” host Andy Cohen.
The host then quipped, “I heard he doesn’t allow her to have male friends,” adding for clarity, “I made that up!”
The 46-year-old actor just shrugged, saying it was “sad” that he lost contact with the former “Alias” star.
Married to actress Sunrise Coigney since 2000, Mark could only be referring to a non-romantic relationship with Jennifer. It’s unclear, though, if he meant Jennifer just forgot about their friendship or if Ben didn’t want her to keep it.
Jen and Ben started dating while filming “Daredevil.” They married on June 29, 2005, and has since been raising three children together.
They have reportedly had a low-key wedding anniversary celebration over the weekend in Michigan. They dined in at the Bistro 82, trying their best not to stand out from the crowd.
“Jen was wearing a black dress and Ben was in jeans with dishevelled hair... They were walking slowly by and they seemed relaxed and in good spirits,” a source told eonline.com.
“I had to do a double take because they were blended with the rest of the guests and they appeared like any normal couple.”
Meanwhile, Mark is co-starring with Keira Knightley and Adam Levine in the musical romantic comedy “Begin Again.”
The film will also star Hailee Steinfeld, CeeLo Green, Mos Def, Catherine Keener and James Corden.
“13 Going On 30”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border