LG G3 Beat vs. Galaxy S5 Mini vs. Moto X: Camera, Performance, Battery, Price and Release Date
By Ryan Inoyori | July 1, 2014 3:14 PM EST
With the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini confirmed, the LG G3 Beat or Mini leaking out, and the Moto X sporting a vanilla UI, we have three very good choices among many for the five inch smartphone category. Compare the camera, performance, battery and possible price that suit your budget and lifestyle.
LG G3 Beat features an 8 MP rear camera lens with 3264 x 2448 resolution and expected to capture videos at full HD 1080p. Additionally, it is alleged to have HDR mode, auto-focus and LED flash.
Galaxy S5 Mini goes relatively the same with LG G3 Beat except for the front camera lens. G3 Beat sports a VGA front-facing camera according to GSMArena which technically lower than S5 Mini's 2.1 MP with 1080p full HD recording.
Moto X on the other hand boasts a 10 MP Clear Pixel rear camera lens with 4320 x 2432 resolution and 1080p full HD recording. Moreover, the smartphone features 1.4 um pixel size, Slow Motion video and HDR mode. For the front-facing camera, Moto X features a 2MP lens with 1080p full HD recording.
Performance and Speed
LG G3 Beat is powered by four processor cores clocked at 1.2 GHz backed up by 2 GB of RAM based on the leaked information. It is running Android 4.4.2 KitKat which features updated drivers and services from Google.
Galaxy S5 Mini will carry the unannounced Exynos 3 quad-core processor clocked at 1.4 GHz backed up by 1.5 GB of RAM. It is also running Android 4.4.2 KitKat overlaid by the updated TouchWiz UI.
Moto X sports dual-core 1.7 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro and 2 GB of RAM. The device is upgradable to Android 4.4.3 KitKat and runs near-vanilla Android UI.
As this time, G3 Beat's graphics processor remains unknown while Galaxy S5 Mini features Mali-400 quad-core, and Adreno 320 quad-core on Moto X.
Both LG and Samsung updated the user interfaces on their devices for 2014. LG G3 Beat runs the same UI found on G3 which has been claimed lighter than the previous version while the latest TouchWiz UI from Galaxy S5 is also featured on other Galaxy devices delivering magazine-like style.
Moto X may have the lightest UI among three due to the near-vanilla interface from Android KitKat which mostly use Google and Motorola apps.
Price Tag and Release Date
Galaxy S5 Mini official price tag is not yet confirmed and buyers should expect more details during its release on mid-July. G3 Beat leaked information hinted that it would be priced at $400 SIM-free but details are yet to be confirmed on its release around mid-July as well.
Moto X at U.S. Cellular costs $400 while its Developer Edition is priced at $449.99 for both GSM networks or from Verizon Wireless. Some price drops from retailers have been reported with a maximum price slash of $100.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Assassin's Creed' Update: 'Unity' And 'Rogue' Not A Multiplayer Player Game, Ubisoft Confirms
- HTC One Mini 2 vs. Nexus 5 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Weekend Event For San Andreas Flight School Update And A Deals With Gold Offer
- iPhone 5 vs. LG G3 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. HTC One M8 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10