LG G3 Beat vs. Galaxy S5 Mini vs. Moto X: Camera, Performance, Battery, Price and Release Date
By Ryan Inoyori | July 1, 2014 3:14 PM EST
With the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini confirmed, the LG G3 Beat or Mini leaking out, and the Moto X sporting a vanilla UI, we have three very good choices among many for the five inch smartphone category. Compare the camera, performance, battery and possible price that suit your budget and lifestyle.
LG G3 Beat features an 8 MP rear camera lens with 3264 x 2448 resolution and expected to capture videos at full HD 1080p. Additionally, it is alleged to have HDR mode, auto-focus and LED flash.
Galaxy S5 Mini goes relatively the same with LG G3 Beat except for the front camera lens. G3 Beat sports a VGA front-facing camera according to GSMArena which technically lower than S5 Mini's 2.1 MP with 1080p full HD recording.
Moto X on the other hand boasts a 10 MP Clear Pixel rear camera lens with 4320 x 2432 resolution and 1080p full HD recording. Moreover, the smartphone features 1.4 um pixel size, Slow Motion video and HDR mode. For the front-facing camera, Moto X features a 2MP lens with 1080p full HD recording.
Performance and Speed
LG G3 Beat is powered by four processor cores clocked at 1.2 GHz backed up by 2 GB of RAM based on the leaked information. It is running Android 4.4.2 KitKat which features updated drivers and services from Google.
Galaxy S5 Mini will carry the unannounced Exynos 3 quad-core processor clocked at 1.4 GHz backed up by 1.5 GB of RAM. It is also running Android 4.4.2 KitKat overlaid by the updated TouchWiz UI.
Moto X sports dual-core 1.7 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro and 2 GB of RAM. The device is upgradable to Android 4.4.3 KitKat and runs near-vanilla Android UI.
As this time, G3 Beat's graphics processor remains unknown while Galaxy S5 Mini features Mali-400 quad-core, and Adreno 320 quad-core on Moto X.
Both LG and Samsung updated the user interfaces on their devices for 2014. LG G3 Beat runs the same UI found on G3 which has been claimed lighter than the previous version while the latest TouchWiz UI from Galaxy S5 is also featured on other Galaxy devices delivering magazine-like style.
Moto X may have the lightest UI among three due to the near-vanilla interface from Android KitKat which mostly use Google and Motorola apps.
Price Tag and Release Date
Galaxy S5 Mini official price tag is not yet confirmed and buyers should expect more details during its release on mid-July. G3 Beat leaked information hinted that it would be priced at $400 SIM-free but details are yet to be confirmed on its release around mid-July as well.
Moto X at U.S. Cellular costs $400 while its Developer Edition is priced at $449.99 for both GSM networks or from Verizon Wireless. Some price drops from retailers have been reported with a maximum price slash of $100.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Skype Gets A New Exclusive Feature On The Windows Phone
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier