LG G3 Beat vs. Galaxy S5 Mini vs. Moto X: Camera, Performance, Battery, Price and Release Date
By Ryan Inoyori | July 1, 2014 3:14 PM EST
With the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini confirmed, the LG G3 Beat or Mini leaking out, and the Moto X sporting a vanilla UI, we have three very good choices among many for the five inch smartphone category. Compare the camera, performance, battery and possible price that suit your budget and lifestyle.
LG G3 Beat features an 8 MP rear camera lens with 3264 x 2448 resolution and expected to capture videos at full HD 1080p. Additionally, it is alleged to have HDR mode, auto-focus and LED flash.
Galaxy S5 Mini goes relatively the same with LG G3 Beat except for the front camera lens. G3 Beat sports a VGA front-facing camera according to GSMArena which technically lower than S5 Mini's 2.1 MP with 1080p full HD recording.
Moto X on the other hand boasts a 10 MP Clear Pixel rear camera lens with 4320 x 2432 resolution and 1080p full HD recording. Moreover, the smartphone features 1.4 um pixel size, Slow Motion video and HDR mode. For the front-facing camera, Moto X features a 2MP lens with 1080p full HD recording.
Performance and Speed
LG G3 Beat is powered by four processor cores clocked at 1.2 GHz backed up by 2 GB of RAM based on the leaked information. It is running Android 4.4.2 KitKat which features updated drivers and services from Google.
Galaxy S5 Mini will carry the unannounced Exynos 3 quad-core processor clocked at 1.4 GHz backed up by 1.5 GB of RAM. It is also running Android 4.4.2 KitKat overlaid by the updated TouchWiz UI.
Moto X sports dual-core 1.7 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro and 2 GB of RAM. The device is upgradable to Android 4.4.3 KitKat and runs near-vanilla Android UI.
As this time, G3 Beat's graphics processor remains unknown while Galaxy S5 Mini features Mali-400 quad-core, and Adreno 320 quad-core on Moto X.
Both LG and Samsung updated the user interfaces on their devices for 2014. LG G3 Beat runs the same UI found on G3 which has been claimed lighter than the previous version while the latest TouchWiz UI from Galaxy S5 is also featured on other Galaxy devices delivering magazine-like style.
Moto X may have the lightest UI among three due to the near-vanilla interface from Android KitKat which mostly use Google and Motorola apps.
Price Tag and Release Date
Galaxy S5 Mini official price tag is not yet confirmed and buyers should expect more details during its release on mid-July. G3 Beat leaked information hinted that it would be priced at $400 SIM-free but details are yet to be confirmed on its release around mid-July as well.
Moto X at U.S. Cellular costs $400 while its Developer Edition is priced at $449.99 for both GSM networks or from Verizon Wireless. Some price drops from retailers have been reported with a maximum price slash of $100.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Women’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 - Li Na, Sharapova, Kvitova, And Williams
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Plus Sold Out Apple Store Crash Due to Pre-orders: Where to Place Your Orders and the Packages Offered in the US and UK
- Minecraft: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang Makers of Minecraft Today
- The 5 Biggest and Best Smartphones Of 2014: Their Best Features And Price Comparisons
- SanDisk Launches The World’s First Memory Card With A Capacity of 512 GB
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Moto X Pure Edition is Coming Soon with Wi-Fi Calling – Reports
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List