LG G3 Beat vs. Galaxy S5 Mini vs. Moto X: Camera, Performance, Battery, Price and Release Date
By Ryan Inoyori | July 1, 2014 3:14 PM EST
With the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini confirmed, the LG G3 Beat or Mini leaking out, and the Moto X sporting a vanilla UI, we have three very good choices among many for the five inch smartphone category. Compare the camera, performance, battery and possible price that suit your budget and lifestyle.
LG G3 Beat features an 8 MP rear camera lens with 3264 x 2448 resolution and expected to capture videos at full HD 1080p. Additionally, it is alleged to have HDR mode, auto-focus and LED flash.
Galaxy S5 Mini goes relatively the same with LG G3 Beat except for the front camera lens. G3 Beat sports a VGA front-facing camera according to GSMArena which technically lower than S5 Mini's 2.1 MP with 1080p full HD recording.
Moto X on the other hand boasts a 10 MP Clear Pixel rear camera lens with 4320 x 2432 resolution and 1080p full HD recording. Moreover, the smartphone features 1.4 um pixel size, Slow Motion video and HDR mode. For the front-facing camera, Moto X features a 2MP lens with 1080p full HD recording.
Performance and Speed
LG G3 Beat is powered by four processor cores clocked at 1.2 GHz backed up by 2 GB of RAM based on the leaked information. It is running Android 4.4.2 KitKat which features updated drivers and services from Google.
Galaxy S5 Mini will carry the unannounced Exynos 3 quad-core processor clocked at 1.4 GHz backed up by 1.5 GB of RAM. It is also running Android 4.4.2 KitKat overlaid by the updated TouchWiz UI.
Moto X sports dual-core 1.7 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro and 2 GB of RAM. The device is upgradable to Android 4.4.3 KitKat and runs near-vanilla Android UI.
As this time, G3 Beat's graphics processor remains unknown while Galaxy S5 Mini features Mali-400 quad-core, and Adreno 320 quad-core on Moto X.
Both LG and Samsung updated the user interfaces on their devices for 2014. LG G3 Beat runs the same UI found on G3 which has been claimed lighter than the previous version while the latest TouchWiz UI from Galaxy S5 is also featured on other Galaxy devices delivering magazine-like style.
Moto X may have the lightest UI among three due to the near-vanilla interface from Android KitKat which mostly use Google and Motorola apps.
Price Tag and Release Date
Galaxy S5 Mini official price tag is not yet confirmed and buyers should expect more details during its release on mid-July. G3 Beat leaked information hinted that it would be priced at $400 SIM-free but details are yet to be confirmed on its release around mid-July as well.
Moto X at U.S. Cellular costs $400 while its Developer Edition is priced at $449.99 for both GSM networks or from Verizon Wireless. Some price drops from retailers have been reported with a maximum price slash of $100.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 17.1.2.A.0.314 Firmware Update to Improve Touch Screen and Charging Speed
- Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Sony Xperia M Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- HTC One Mini 2 vs. LG G2 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8