Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Why Stannis Baratheon Crossed the Wall [Watch Video]
By Sachin Trivedi | July 1, 2014 3:11 PM EST
Viewers will find Stannis stationed at the Wall in "Game of Thrones" Season 5. Many of the fans may be wondering why he chose to abandon the battle for the throne and come to the rescue of the Night's Watch. George R. R. Martin explains why. Spoiler Alert.
Stannis Baratheon lost a major battle at the Blackwater. He was expected to continue his fight against the Lannisters but it was Davos that convinced his master to save the realm before trying to rule it.
Readers will remember that all the self proclaimed kings of Westeros received a letter from the Wall explaining the perils of the White Walkers, the dead coming back to fight and the threat from the Wildlings. By answering their call Stannis Baratheon may be trying to win the hearts of the people in "Game of Thrones" Season 5.
Defeating the Wildling army is just the first step for Stannis. He will need the kingdom of the North to be secured and governed for him to expand further south and defeat the other kingdoms.
According to the books "A Song of Ice and Fire," written by George R. R. Martin, Stannis will make an offer to Jon Snow. He is willing to give him the key to the North and rule but only if Jon Snow accepts Stannis as his king.
Readers who have been following the show will remember that the North belongs to the Boltons now. Viewers can expect to see some battles in the North as Stannis, Ramsay Bolton and the Ironborn fight for the dominance in the North in "Game of Thrones" Season 5.
After facing a few setbacks Stannis was finally able to score a victory by defeating the Wildlings. But will his victory be short lived? Will he be able to defeat the cunning and ruthless Ramsay Bolton? The support of the Iron Bank may however help Stannis immensely in the coming battles.
"Game of Thrones" Season 5 is expected to introduce some new characters as fans bid farewell to some of the popular characters that have died in the previous season. A popular character Catelyn Stark is expected to make a dramatic re-entry into the show but with a difference.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles