Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Why Stannis Baratheon Crossed the Wall [Watch Video]
By Sachin Trivedi | July 1, 2014 3:11 PM EST
Viewers will find Stannis stationed at the Wall in "Game of Thrones" Season 5. Many of the fans may be wondering why he chose to abandon the battle for the throne and come to the rescue of the Night's Watch. George R. R. Martin explains why. Spoiler Alert.
Stannis Baratheon lost a major battle at the Blackwater. He was expected to continue his fight against the Lannisters but it was Davos that convinced his master to save the realm before trying to rule it.
Readers will remember that all the self proclaimed kings of Westeros received a letter from the Wall explaining the perils of the White Walkers, the dead coming back to fight and the threat from the Wildlings. By answering their call Stannis Baratheon may be trying to win the hearts of the people in "Game of Thrones" Season 5.
Defeating the Wildling army is just the first step for Stannis. He will need the kingdom of the North to be secured and governed for him to expand further south and defeat the other kingdoms.
According to the books "A Song of Ice and Fire," written by George R. R. Martin, Stannis will make an offer to Jon Snow. He is willing to give him the key to the North and rule but only if Jon Snow accepts Stannis as his king.
Readers who have been following the show will remember that the North belongs to the Boltons now. Viewers can expect to see some battles in the North as Stannis, Ramsay Bolton and the Ironborn fight for the dominance in the North in "Game of Thrones" Season 5.
After facing a few setbacks Stannis was finally able to score a victory by defeating the Wildlings. But will his victory be short lived? Will he be able to defeat the cunning and ruthless Ramsay Bolton? The support of the Iron Bank may however help Stannis immensely in the coming battles.
"Game of Thrones" Season 5 is expected to introduce some new characters as fans bid farewell to some of the popular characters that have died in the previous season. A popular character Catelyn Stark is expected to make a dramatic re-entry into the show but with a difference.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Who Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers